Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's lead falls two points in new CNN Poll

Nxt2Hvn

A new average of the most recent national polls suggests Sen. Barack Obama holds a 6-point lead over Sen. John McCain.

The CNN Poll of Polls, compiled Friday morning, indicates that 49 percent of Americans say Obama, D-Illinois, is their choice for president, with 43 percent backing McCain, R-Arizona. Eight percent of those questioned are undecided.

The previous edition, compiled Thursday, indicated Obama had an 8-point lead over McCain, 50-42 percent.

This edition of the CNN Poll of Polls averaged four surveys: an American Research Group poll conducted October 11-13; a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby survey taken October 13-16; a Gallup poll conducted October 13-15; and a Diageo/Hotline survey taken October 13-15.

And this is from CNN reports.... (Bet they hated to report this... ;) )

Source/Link

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Fluffybunny

• Incorrigible1

• Dayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BHO's poll figures have been quite stagnant. All the proclamations that the election is basically in the bag are proving to be premature. And don't let's forget the Bradley effect.

It's OK. Have some more lobster, Michelle. :P

I guess all that "Spread the Wealth" talk has gotten people a little shaky?

I think in the last minute people are going to vote for McCain due to the lack of experience NO'Bama has.

While McCain's poll figures keep dropping.

Consider this thread's title................

post-2832-1224371520_thumb.jpg

The same people using the same polls seem to come up with a completely different story when the electoral votes are considered...

Well so far the Democrats been winning the Polls in the past elections.

Gore won the polls

Kerry won the polls

And now Obama is winning the polls.

And at the end they would say the Republicans cheated....

I think November 4th will be a loooooooong night.

But I truly fear if it is a tie the powers that be will decide in B. Hussein Obama's favor rather than risk racial backlash. That will be the ultimate racism.

Gore won the polls

Kerry won the polls

Gore should have won the polls. He won the popular vote so it only makes sense that he'd win in the polls. Bush beat Kerry in the popular vote though so in 2004 the polling was inaccurate.

I think November 4th will be a loooooooong night.

But I truly fear if it is a tie the powers that be will decide in B. Hussein Obama's favor rather than risk racial backlash. That will be the ultimate racism.

The vice president decides if they tie 269 each. I'm just sure Dick Cheney is going to pick Barack Obama.

At this point of B. Hussein Obama was truly the far-and-away people's choice he'd be in a double-digit lead over McCain.

Depending on the poll (and time of day) he's only 3% to 6% ahead. That's pitiful if he truly is seen as the great hope and change!!

There's no way you can say a 3-6% lead is a mandate or resounding fate acompli` election. :no:

To get a sense of fair polling you need to average the results of all the major polls. Polls are only a guideline and anyone familiar with statistics knows it depends on where they poll, who they poll and the political atmosphere at the time the polls are taken.

At this point of B. Hussein Obama was truly the far-and-away people's choice he'd be in a double-digit lead over McCain.

Depending on the poll (and time of day) he's only 3% to 6% ahead. That's pitiful if he truly is seen as the great hope and change!!

There's no way you can say a 3-6% lead is a mandate or resounding fate acompli` election. :no:

post-2832-1224458337_thumb.jpg

Much like previous races; single digit percentages dont always have a bearing on electoral votes, hence the very specific stops for each candidate in states that could go either way.

Gore won the polls

Kerry won the polls

Vote Fraud! Read the news.

Vote Fraud! Read the news.

2004: I think the last-minute bin laden 'vote against bush' helped contribute to Bush winning, not to mention the high turnout of the Christian Right.

2008: Unless McCain reinvents himself or Obama gets into a major scandal, I think an Obama victory is very likely.

Uh oh!!! Obama gaining in support in my area .... I have now counted a whole 2 obama signs to the 52 McCain signs in my town. :P

Accusations alone are not facts.

West Virginia voters complained in early voting that their electronic voting machines were switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates. They were ignored when reporting this to local voting officials. Finally one voter who persisted got an explanation that "oh a certain percentage of mistakes will happen". California GOP is currently under investigation for recruiting people to cirulate a petition to crack down on child molesters. When these people who signed the petition voted, they noticed their party affilliation had changed from Democrat to Republican. It seems that the petition had small print on the bottom saying anyone that signed the petition was giving them permission to change their affilliation. They are currently under investigation.

West Virginia voters complained in early voting that their electronic voting machines were switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates. They were ignored when reporting this to local voting officials. Finally one voter who persisted got an explanation that "oh a certain percentage of mistakes will happen".

IF that's the case, shouldn't the "local voting officials" be investigated?

IF that's the case, shouldn't the "local voting officials" be investigated?

I believe they are, but they are not being singled out, the investigation concerns voting procedures in all swing states and asking why some of these states don't have back up paper ballots when errors like this are noticed.

2004: I think the last-minute bin laden 'vote against bush' helped contribute to Bush winning, not to mention the high turnout of the Christian Right.

2008: Unless McCain reinvents himself or Obama gets into a major scandal, I think an Obama victory is very likely.

The McCain lobbying bin Laden so far did not seem to work...he is pretty silent. On the other hand, Ossama's half brother is not a friend of McCain's either...but a good one of Dubya....

West Virginia voters complained in early voting that their electronic voting machines were switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates. They were ignored when reporting this to local voting officials. Finally one voter who persisted got an explanation that "oh a certain percentage of mistakes will happen". California GOP is currently under investigation for recruiting people to cirulate a petition to crack down on child molesters. When these people who signed the petition voted, they noticed their party affilliation had changed from Democrat to Republican. It seems that the petition had small print on the bottom saying anyone that signed the petition was giving them permission to change their affilliation. They are currently under investigation.

Like I said accusations alone are not facts.

So far all we have are claims, accusations and investigations. I won't be surprised if these accusers are actually doing the cheating and are just spinning it.

Like I said accusations alone are not facts.

So far all we have are claims, accusations and investigations. I won't be surprised if these accusers are actually doing the cheating and are just spinning it.

Are you talking about acorn?

Are you talking about acorn?

ACORN is not an accusation, it's a fact the issue now is whether ACORN is behind it as an organization or just a few workers doing it.