Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Xbox 360 or Ps 3?

xbox game ps3 wow

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostF3SS, on 01 August 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Too each their own. This is so much more civil than how you'd see this topic go on a gaming site. 50 million people like Xbox, 50 million people like Sony. I don't see why anyone really cares, although I have witnessed the red ring of death a few times and rarely have heard of a broken play station.
red ring is beacause xbooxs run like computers and the heatcink needs new paste, 10 min fix and its good as new lol and every arguement should be civil i know ps has its ups to free net is a big bonus i just like paying for the better online menus and downloadable content

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#32    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 August 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

red ring is beacause xbooxs run like computers and the heatcink needs new paste, 10 min fix and its good as new lol and every arguement should be civil i know ps has its ups to free net is a big bonus i just like paying for the better online menus and downloadable content

All that is is a heat sink? Lol, that's hilarious. I've fixed that on my old pc a few times. Still have the paste. I watched my friend ship his Xbox back several times for weeks at a time to get fixed. Funny. Still though, it shouldn't happen.

Posted Image

#33    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostF3SS, on 01 August 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

All that is is a heat sink? Lol, that's hilarious. I've fixed that on my old pc a few times. Still have the paste. I watched my friend ship his Xbox back several times for weeks at a time to get fixed. Funny. Still though, it shouldn't happen.
the newer models dont do it any more, and yeah just a heat sink lol

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#34    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

So what are your thoughts so far on the new systems? I've given mine.

Posted Image

#35    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostF3SS, on 01 August 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

So what are your thoughts so far on the new systems? I've given mine.
i dont like it as much the whole konnect being on 24-7 is creepy. and i was very upset at first that internet was a must, but ill base all my judgments when i pick one up

#36    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

That's cool. Not a fanboy answer by any stretch.

Posted Image

#37    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

lol yeah

#38    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 30 July 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

As far as a gaming platform goes. Scrap the whole lot and stick with PC.
It seems like with PC games you constantly have to be upgrading your computer to play, I have a computer and it seems like with each new game that came out I would require a new piece to my computer to play it. It got to the point where I was just like forget it.

View PostF3SS, on 01 August 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Too each their own. This is so much more civil than how you'd see this topic go on a gaming site. 50 million people like Xbox, 50 million people like Sony. I don't see why anyone really cares, although I have witnessed the red ring of death a few times and rarely have heard of a broken play station.
Iv gotten the red ring of death and have had all the playstation systems and none of them break down  on me, So in my opinion the playstation is the better platform

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#39    Novella

Novella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

• All the things that I find beautiful have a darkness about them.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

I've been a lifelong Playstation fan.
I've used all of the consoles and plan on buying the PS4 when it's released.
My PS3 I received when I was a senior in high school and it's still kicking fine. In fact I've never had a problem with it at all.
Of course, the credit card hacks have me kind of wary of plugging mine in, something that as far as I know the Xbox network has never had a problem with.
I'm team PS (:

#40    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,762 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

I was Nintendo until the Wii.
Then XBox 360 - have had 2 consoles as the first got RROD and became irreparable after a few fixes because  the cold solder joints had cracked from the overheating/cooling - RROD is not just an issue with thermal paste- it helps but can still overheat.
My slim 360 has lasted a few years now since they overcame the RROD issues

Will be going for PS4 though because the specs destroy XBox One.

Edit: And I'll always stick with PC too because ultimately it can't yet be beaten by console - I'm happy to upgrade.

Edited by Timonthy, 15 October 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Posted Image

#41    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Hermit

• 1,604 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

had 2 xboxes both crapped out had a ps3 for years was great but crapped out too. pc for me now. as for next gen ill be getting a ps4

#42    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

• Time's up.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Xbox 360 slim( newer) no rrod...and games are cheap.( used of course) not buying any new system in future...No need or want for it.

Tempus Edax Rerum

#43    rtyagi

rtyagi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hey I have found a link which is giving an info over disabling wma playback on playstation 3....check it out:

http://www.technolog...layback-on-ps3/

Please respond whether its a working or not, or just something is missing..

#44    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,003 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'll wait and see what the story is with the next generation of consoles.  I've no preference for any particular brand.  I've gone from an N64 to a PS2 to a Xbox 360 with some PC gaming along the line.  Depending on what exclusives might be on the new systems, I'll buy based upon that, but the games I enjoyed most on this generations consoles were Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim, GTA4, Arkham Asylum & Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption which all came out for both PlayStation and Xbox so if the next generation is more of the same it won't really matter which I buy.

I had an Xbox 360 that suffered from a RROD that Microsoft repaired for free even though it was out of warranty and suffered from a second RROD recently.  It started crashing more and more until it just died.  I took it apart, removed the heatsink and replaced the thermal paste as I heard that was a common fix to the problem but it made no difference.  At this stage I'm not buying a replacement or paying to repair it even though I was really getting into Skyrim and really want to play GTA5.

So I'll probably buy a PS4 or Xbox One depending on what I hear about the systems and their pros and cons.  Specs don't interest me because as per the previous generation, the PS3 theoretically had much better specs than the Xbox 360 but the graphical differences in reality weren't that much different at least to me seeing the same game running on both consoles.

As for the suggestion to not use a console and do the PC gaming thing.  That's fine for certain people, but doesn't work for me and others.  I did the whole build your own PC, upgrade and repair it yourself, etc. and used it as a gaming machine.  However, these days I don't want that.  I got bored with the hassle and cost of upgrading it for new games, making sure I had the latest drivers, etc.  

I also don't want my main computer to be my gaming machine.  I want something hooked up to my big screen TV and which I can play while sitting on my sofa. That's where I watch TV and movies and it's where I want to game, not here at this computer.  I don't care that the latest graphics card can crunch more pixels and polygons than what's in a console.  The state of modern graphics on a modern console is more than good enough for me.  The hassle and cost of having the latest graphics card in my computer isn't worth the difference in what I'm seeing on screen to me.  If PC gaming is your thing and you're into it then that's fair enough, but it really isn't the right thing for everyone who wants to play video games.

As for Nintendo, I own a Wii and it was fun at first, but I never really played it much.  Got great fun from Wii Sports, Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, but that was about it.  I bought more games and played them more on the Xbox.  And it seems that the figures show this to be a common experience.  More people bought Wiis than Xbox 360s or PS3s but those who bought the Sony and Microsoft consoles actually played them more and bought more games for them on average.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#45    travelnjones

travelnjones

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

I have the Atari 2600, 5200 7800, Colecovision, Nes, SNes, Master system, Genesis, Xbox and Xbox 360.  Of all i have enjoyed my 2600, NES and Xbox the most.  I have found the games on those to be the ones that hit home for me.  Xbox 360 was sort of a down point for me.  The games often felt watered down.  The last halo I played seemed weak compared the the original.  The same with Ninja Gaiden.  Castlevania was good but the Xbox pokemon style castlevania felt very wonky and deep.  There we some good games but they felt fewer and farther between.  I seem to be getting old as this happens more and more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users