Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

My new theory on Bigfoots.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hi,

Someone might have already thought of this, but I just thought that there might be an unknown species of bear living in the USA. They look almost identical to normal bears and that is why no one suspects anything. The major difference is that they can stand up and walk about on their hind legs for long periods of time. This is why people think they have seen a bigfoot, but in fact they have seen a walking bear.

If not an unknown species of bear then a small group that have learnt to walk. It is possible as small groups of animals sometimes learn a new trait that only the group they are in know about. Like certain apes using sticks to get insects out of holes.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#2    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

This has been often posited and many BF sightings could probably contributed to the misidentification of a bear, especially that 3 legged one that walks on two legs as well as you or I. But one of the defining features of a BF is the way they "lope". Unless this new species of bear has VERY long legs...they can't lope.

Edited by jaguarsky, 06 March 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#3    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Some bears go bipedal.
This sow most likely learned this behavior at a very young age. A necessity to be mobile or not survive. The young cub will probably never bother to mimic this behavior. Since, it really isn't advantageous for bears.

To add: Three legged bears still spend the vast majority down on three legs.

http://youtu.be/6yZ4fktcuNk?t=35s

Edited by hucksterfoot, 06 March 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#4    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ya I can see it

#5    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

MAD! I never knew about this 3 legged bear! That's awesome, I guess there must be a percentage of bears that have stood on bear traps and lost a limb so find walking on two legs a bit easier some times.

~
Carl Sagan

#6    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

... And, the Right Jack

• 2,813 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

The problems I have with "bear misidentification" are thusly

1. Bears may be able to stand on two legs, but they cannot run at 30 mph on two legs
nor can they take strides that are 15 feet apart

2. the alleged bigfoot has a nose distinct from it's mouth whereas a bear has
a nose/mouth combo aka, a snout, and it is the largest most prominent feature of the face.

3. bears are notoriously narrow at the shoulder and rotund at the hip/rump region.
the alleged BF has very wide shoulders (42-44 inches) and is barrel chested.

also, in many BF sightings, witnesses say that the 'creature' has hands/fingers. bears - not so much.

and lastly, many many witness to the BF are woodsmen/hunters and they are very  impressed with the
stench of the animal. bears of course, do not have such a stench to them.

I cannot see the stretch myself.

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Posttrancelikestate, on 06 March 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Ya I can see it

Amazing that the video is so clear and non-shaky.

Funny how bigfoot videos are neither.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#8    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

1. Bears may be able to stand on two legs, but they cannot run at 30 mph on two legs
nor can they take strides that are 15 feet apart

No bigfoot has ever been documented running or taking 15 foot strides.

2. the alleged bigfoot has a nose distinct from it's mouth whereas a bear has
a nose/mouth combo aka, a snout, and it is the largest most prominent feature of the face.

The nose and mouth of bigfoot have never been documented as having any kind of morphology at all.

3. bears are notoriously narrow at the shoulder and rotund at the hip/rump region.
the alleged BF has very wide shoulders (42-44 inches) and is barrel chested.

The wide shoulders of bigfoot have never been documented.

also, in many BF sightings, witnesses say that the 'creature' has hands/fingers. bears - not so much.

There has never been any evidence that bigfoot has hands or fingers.

and lastly, many many witness to the BF are woodsmen/hunters and they are very impressed with the
stench of the animal. bears of course, do not have such a stench to them.

Bears so have a well documented and repeatedly observed stench which is well known and accepted as true to wildlife biologists who manage bear populations, or study bears.

The stench of bigfoot has never been documented.

So, to sum up, the hands, fingers, eyes, nose, shoulders, and stench of bigfoot have never, ever, not one single time, been documented, nor has any evidence whatsoever, not one single piece, been collected that supports the existence of those things either.

We know that bears have a stench and a snout-like nose and claws and narrow shoulders for one reason... they are real, and as such, can be documented, repeatedly observed and those observations documented, and evidence for these things has been, continues to be, and will be, collected and further documented.

#9    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm sure like humans, some bears stink and some do not. Possible causes of stink are rubbing in poop like some dogs do, or having a skin disease or possibly covered in some rotting carcass gore.

I can't explain how some people saw a bear/bigfoot/unknown jump/stride 15feet though. Unless its a misinterpretation i.e. Someone said they saw a bigfoot/bear/unknown run really fast as if in one stride (or one fluid movement) 15feet into cover and disappear and it was  incorrectly documented as 'it moved 15feet in one stride'.

~
Carl Sagan

#10    I Chew My Chimichanga

I Chew My Chimichanga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• There's a naked man on a pack of camel's.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

People have reported up close encounters with bigfoot. Able to describe details on human like qualities. I'm just throwing my theories out. Seeing that the fact our world is a living being in itself, perhaps they're her creations. To protect her precious forest or vital organs. The native americans knew certain parts of the woods to be sacred. As they also have told stories of bigfoot.... Perhaps they're large hairy sorcerers, (jedi wookies) living in an invisible village above in the trees. or they have a transporter like stargate on another planet, like forest patrol. Whatever maybe, if they really look like the descriptions people have gave. They would have a much bigger brain than us. Eating fish sandwiches in the back of a station wagon....HAAAARRRY!!!! Oh HAAARRRYY!!! We'll never catch one, always be one step ahead of us. I heard they threw rocks i sure as hell wouldn't wana catch one to the head.

#11    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Well, I'll concede ...Bears don't take 15 foot strides.

Now I'm off to LOL

#12    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

View Posthucksterfoot, on 06 March 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Some bears go bipedal.
This sow most likely learned this behavior at a very young age. A necessity to be mobile or not survive. The young cub will probably never bother to mimic this behavior. Since, it really isn't advantageous for bears.

To add: Three legged bears still spend the vast majority down on three legs.

http://youtu.be/6yZ4fktcuNk?t=35s

Amazing how animals can adapt :)

#13    Contract Killer Romeo

Contract Killer Romeo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• "I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings."

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

when the bear first starts walking, it looks like a bigfoot video from behind the trees. So I can understand how someone could mistake that.

#14    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,819 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostContract Killer Romeo, on 06 March 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

when the bear first starts walking, it looks like a bigfoot video from behind the trees. So I can understand how someone could mistake that.

Totally agree, if the undergrowth was a few feet high you would  only see the huge body and might think the undergrowth was higher and assume what u saw had bigger legs. I bet walking bears account for at least a few bigfoot sightings.

~
Carl Sagan

#15    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostKryso, on 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Amazing how animals can adapt :)
Yes, and it's amazing that bigfoot has the stride of a T-Rex. :]

I'll refrain from re-posting the demonstration picture. This post might just go poof to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users