Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rock Apes

bigtoot vietnam sightings

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postbigtroutak, on 03 May 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Thanks for your reply! Some of the other stories I've read the (at the time) GI's would shoot because they seemed to be the same size and roughly color as the VC.

They were not as tall as the VC but at night it's hard to tell from any distance. and my answer to QuiteContrary is; We thought we were being overrun by the VC and after the first shot, it's hard to tell that it was only us fireing.

Odie :gun:

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

~Ancient Polynesian Greeting~

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

~American Defense Lawyers' Ethics Training Book for Children~

#32    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Postodiesbsc, on 05 May 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

They were not as tall as the VC but at night it's hard to tell from any distance. and my answer to QuiteContrary is; We thought we were being overrun by the VC and after the first shot, it's hard to tell that it was only us fireing.

Did you get a look at any of the bodies afterward?

#33    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Some folks drink from the fountain of knowledge. Some folks just gargle and spit it out.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 05 May 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Did you get a look at any of the bodies afterward?

Yes we did, I described what they looked like to me in another post.

As you slide down the water slide of life, may none of your swimming suits give you a permanent wedgie.

If the teacher has no DNA testing apperatus, you're probably safe blaming the booger you wiped on her computer screen on someone else.

#34    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postodiesbsc, on 05 May 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Yes we did, I described what they looked like to me in another post.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you're description was tongue-in-cheek or not, when you said they had "V" on their chests. As in Vietcong. Hard to tell if serious or if joking sometimes.

#35    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 05 May 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you're description was tongue-in-cheek or not, when you said they had "V" on their chests. As in Vietcong. Hard to tell if serious or if joking sometimes.

LOL, I never thought of that. So they must have been VC with the V on their chest. LOL

#36    Conrad Clough

Conrad Clough

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

yeah, I am sure the viet cong all wore super hero style emblems on thier chest....

#37    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostConrad Clough, on 06 May 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

yeah, I am sure the viet cong all wore super hero style emblems on thier chest....

I didn't know if he was being facetious in his description of the "creatures" they shot. As in they were Vietcong not Rock Apes.
Not actually Vietcong with a "super hero style emblems on their chest". :no:

#38    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postodiesbsc, on 06 May 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

LOL, I never thought of that. So they must have been VC with the V on their chest. LOL

Okay, I see the confusion. When you first posted I wondered why you all shot and killed something you didn't know what it was. Then after posting my question I thought "Oh, he is just joking." Either about the incident or in your description. Thus your "V" on their chests remark was a joke. But then when you posted again I thought maybe you were half serious in your first post,  so I wondered what they "really" looked like. Sorry for the confusion.

Makes perfect sense to me. :wacko:

#39    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 06 May 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Okay, I see the confusion. When you first posted I wondered why you all shot and killed something you didn't know what it was. Then after posting my question I thought "Oh, he is just joking." Either about the incident or in your description. Thus your "V" on their chests remark was a joke. But then when you posted again I thought maybe you were half serious in your first post,  so I wondered what they "really" looked like. Sorry for the confusion.

Makes perfect sense to me. :wacko:

No problem, I used to have pictures of the rock apes but they were in our basement about 30 years ago and it flooded so I lost all my pics. So I'm just going by memory what they looked like. They kinda looked like they had a tuxedo on with the open V on the front. If I remember right, it looked like the tux had short arms that came down to thier forearms. The tux would have been dark grey and the V and their forearms, a reddish color. The pics that I had wasn't the ones we killed. They were live ones I photographed on a hillside.

Edited by odiesbsc, 06 May 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#40    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

View Postodiesbsc, on 06 May 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

No problem, I used to have pictures of the rock apes but they were in our basement about 30 years ago and it flooded so I lost all my pics. So I'm just going by memory what they looked like. They kinda looked like they had a tuxedo on with the open V on the front. If I remember right, it looked like the tux had short arms that came down to thier forearms. The tux would have been dark grey and the V and their forearms, a reddish color. The pics that I had wasn't the ones we killed. They were live ones I photographed on a hillside.

Did you ever do a search of documented animals of Vietnam for something like them? Did you all think they were just normal wild animals?
Thx

#41    odiesbsc

odiesbsc

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

No, I never thought much about it until this thread came up. We knew what they were after we were in a one way firefight with em'.

#42    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postodiesbsc, on 05 May 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Great story odiesbsc,

Thanks for sharing it, but more importantly thank you for your service. :tu:

Did the locals ever talk about these apes?

Was this the only time you saw these apes?

Do you recall the general in country location, vegetation, and terrain types?

Too bad about losing those photos. I've lost many of my non digitized photos over the years so I can sympathize.

Thanks Again!

#43    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,197 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Attached File  INTL1969RockApesSeen.jpg   123.87K   19 downloads

Posted Image

#44    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,197 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

And can be verified here on page 29

Posted Image

#45    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,809 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

View Postodiesbsc, on 07 May 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

No, I never thought much about it until this thread came up. We knew what they were after we were in a one way firefight with em'.

One rendition (tattoo) of a rock ape the veteran refers to as a "female rock ape (gibbon)". Females blonde and males black.
http://www.lzrussell.org/misc/tattoo/

@Odiesbsc, are their any similarities at all to the gibbons that inhabit the area?
Only you know what you saw, not me. But my inclination is to search for real animal possibilities first. So, I hope no offense taken. You may be done talking about this anyway.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 08 May 2012 - 06:23 AM.

Also tagged with bigtoot, vietnam, sightings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users