Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paris targeted in night drone mystery

Still Waters

Drones have been seen flying over several sensitive landmarks in Paris in a night-time mystery that French police say is being taken seriously.

At least five of the unmanned aerial machines were spotted between midnight on Monday and 0600 on Tuesday, and none of the operators has been caught.

The first appeared over the US embassy and there were later sightings near the Eiffel Tower and Place de la Concorde.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-31599903

Amazon deliveries?

lol

If it is, knowing Amazon, they'll just drop the boxes while aloft no landing required, which could be a pedestrian hazard concern.

• Like 1

Sounds like a recon to me. But hey, I'm just the resident psycho :w00t: I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with terror.

• Like 1

Considering what has happened in France lately I would be concerned. Probably scoping out the place.

If somehow they could only get a tracking device on it.

• Like 1

Very interesting choice of sites to be filmed/photographed by Al Jazeera! The question is to what end, and whether Jazeera is acting on its own or as a proxy for the government of Qatar (which despite all PC babble, does maintain covert relationship with terrorist organizations). There is something creepy about Qatar's self-aggrandizement ambitions.

Whew, for a minute there I thought it was a bunch of radical Catholic nuns! You just can't be too careful.

• Like 1

Hey its even happening in the UK

Plague of the voyeur drones: Flying toy cameras spark 'Peeping Tom' complaints with police powerless to stop them

A dozen incidents involving drones have been reported since Christmas

Tourists are taking selfies with the cameras at landmarks in major cities

It is illegal to fly them near buildings and people but police are powerless

Officers are calling for tighter laws amid new wave of complaints

KEY BIT

Videos posted on YouTube show spectacular footage of London’s major landmarks taken illegally from drones.

One drone scales the 315ft of Big Ben to show the clock face in minute detail. The ‘teatime’ tour begins in Parliament Square, where it zooms in on the Houses of Parliament’s peaks and the clock tower, before heading to the South Bank.

Then it flies inside the Barbican and scales The Gherkin’s glass curves.

Shots from Tower Bridge and above the Tower of London show parts of the site no tourist could ever see.

The drone also soars up to the London Eye’s top capsule. The tourists inside have paid more than £20 each to see the same view that the illegal footage reveals.

Despite top security precautions, Buckingham Palace was filmed from The Mall by another machine.

A YouTube user identified as ‘DronePrankster’ captured images of the Royal residence from above tourists’ heads with a £255 Parrot AR 2.0 device.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2973751/Plague-voyeur-drones-Flying-toy-cameras-spark-peeping-Tom-complaints-police-powerless-stop-them.html#ixzz3TAMpYlUB

May be ISIS doing recon for targets. Following individuals doing solo attacks there, they may want to conduct a bigger attack. Google Maps doesn't provide enough detail for proper planning so they use drones.

• Like 1

Seems the French government takes this matter more serious of unknown vehicles flying around

sensitive areas then the US. And should,considering the current world events.

It's commercialized now, ther eis no mystery in it. Every idiot can buy one drone and do whatever he likes. Luckily there were no accidents involving drones, at least not that i know of but soon, there will be. Stupid thing was to commercialize drones, now we all can enjoy life, untill something drops on our head.

May be ISIS doing recon for targets. Following individuals doing solo attacks there, they may want to conduct a bigger attack. Google Maps doesn't provide enough detail for proper planning so they use drones.

Seriously?

I would think that any of these drones capable of carrying a few pounds of payload would be a huge danger to sensitive targets. A little C4 and a remote detonator on a very small flying vehicle would be difficult to stop, and I'm sure this has crossed the minds of terrorists already, not to mention the covert surveillance of any potential targets. It's probably only a matter of time before we have a serious incident. Perhaps we need computer controlled LASERs that can target and take down drones at every military and nuclear facility.

It's sad that so many potentially wonderful new technologies end up being used for warfare, but it has ever been thus with the human race.