Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kids who talk to 'invisible friends'

invisible friends spirits sensitive kids

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,607 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

As soon as a child enters the world he begins to learn.

His wide, gazing eyes take in every tiny particle of life.

He sees the way the wind blows the leaves, the way the dog wags its tail and the way his mother moves her mouth to speak.

But what else does that baby see?

http://www.nj.com/in...05/post_15.html

Posted Image

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I had an invisible horse. Was it a real ghost horse? Nope just my imagination.

It's this thing kids have. ;)

Edit: And some "adults".

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 01 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

The headline says 'MAY be sensitive to spirits' ............

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#4    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 01 June 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

The headline says 'MAY be sensitive to spirits' ............
Yes. It DOES.

Glad we solved that one. :)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#5    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

I wonder if they can see other dimension also

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#6    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Must be some effed up ghosts. I had an imaginary duck, my kjd had a talking dog.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Would it really matter if all adults think that it's just the child's imagination

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

It should say PARANORMAL experts say in the title.

More accurate.

#9    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

Children of a certain age (animals too) are most definitely more sensitive to the spirit world. The more rooted you become in the physical world, the more you unroot yourself away from the spiritual one. That's just the way life has been designed, so we can best complete our learning curves here with minimal influence from the spirit world. We wouldn't learn much (in the spiritual sense) if we knew why we were here. Just my belief of course.

My nephew has talked of the same "imaginary" friend that I used to have in the same house. I remember a thousand experiences with spirits before I even knew what one was, or even what death was for that matter, and I remember well enough to know it was not my imagination. As far as I was concerned, they were there and as real as my brother or any other member of my family.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 02 June 2013 - 03:30 AM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,918 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

I remember a really old man in a shed at the back of the house my parents rented when we first came to Australia, I remember visiting him all the time and being curious about all the lines in his face.

I mentioned it years later - asked mum and dad who the old man was that used to be in the shed at the back of the house.  They didn't know what I was talking about.

Edit to add: I was four years old at that time, it is one of a handful of memories that I have from those years but it doesn't seem to fit - as an adult I am prepared to believe it was my imagination, I am still curious about it though.

Edited by libstaK, 02 June 2013 - 04:14 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 01 June 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Would it really matter if all adults think that it's just the child's imagination

I guess not to adults, if adults dont want to believe. But to kids it would, because placebo has effect, and children are more vulnerable to have their perceptions of reality be directed through placebo. Of course this goes both ways, is why I wouldn't read mr. Lovecraft's stories to children. Fear makes you reject reality more easily, especially if you know the fear comes from something not so real. Just goes saying that we should above all encourage children to think on their own and learn to form their own views of the world

Children may be gullible, but they have a great power of belief too at their disposal. Unrestricted spirit compared to us, unoppressed.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#12    sam_comm

sam_comm

Psychic Spy

• 1,006 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

There was a time when I had a imaginary friends. I had watched ''Caillou''  and there was an episode when he had made up a friend of his own so I thought why not try this it seems cool.

I know that lots of people associated imaginary friends and ghosts at once. It should not be so. Children have lots of imagination and often make up things by themselves to play. I agree that kids are more sensitive to some phenomena but we shouldn't be too quick to associate a paranormal activity with a child's imaginary world.

Edited by sam_comm, 03 June 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#13    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

i find the fact when little babies start laughing and smiling starring at nothing but cieling or something .. that's funny and interesting

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#14    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 02 June 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Children of a certain age (animals too) are most definitely more sensitive to the spirit world. The more rooted you become in the physical world, the more you unroot yourself away from the spiritual one. That's just the way life has been designed, so we can best complete our learning curves here with minimal influence from the spirit world. We wouldn't learn much (in the spiritual sense) if we knew why we were here. Just my belief of course.

My nephew has talked of the same "imaginary" friend that I used to have in the same house. I remember a thousand experiences with spirits before I even knew what one was, or even what death was for that matter, and I remember well enough to know it was not my imagination. As far as I was concerned, they were there and as real as my brother or any other member of my family.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Brian Topp, 04 June 2013 - 03:55 AM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#15    sam_comm

sam_comm

Psychic Spy

• 1,006 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 03 June 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

i find the fact when little babies start laughing and smiling starring at nothing but cieling or something .. that's funny and interesting

Babies have thoughts and sometimes laugh about them just like they can have dreams and nightmares and be afraid. This has nothing to do with paranormal. Even us grown-up can suddenly think of something funny and laugh about it making fools of ourselves drawing suspicious glances of others!

Edited by sam_comm, 04 June 2013 - 03:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users