Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

were therre any other books of the bible?

PAKAI

just wanting to know if there where more books of the bible or is that the lot???..was watching t.v. and this thing came on saying theres more of the bible that was not in??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKAI

• Wings of Selkhet

• Ashley-Star*Child

• SilverCougar

Que Enoch...

Que Enoch...

428454[/snapback]

not sure who you mean...sorry about that

*wonders how long before ashley types up every chapter of enoch*

428480[/snapback]

nice!! ...thanks for that

yes, ashley is a major enoch advacate. there are other books that were left out too... there's another book about the end times that was too graphic, so they left it out.

I heard there was another gospel...crap....I can't remember the name...suffice it to say - yes, there was stuff left out. I'm sure you can find it online, though.

Don't forget the dead sea scrolls... a whole host of "How to.." stuff... Like how to chew your food, drink.. eat.. go to the bathroom...

So there's a holy way to use the loo?

I heard there was another gospel...crap....I can't remember the name...suffice it to say - yes, there was stuff left out. I'm sure you can find it online, though.

428774[/snapback]

fist off... the word of god is NOT crap to me...so have respect for what other people write down here...you dont have to like it...but you dont have to trash it as well

yes, ashley is a major enoch advacate. there are other books that were left out too... there's another book about the end times that was too graphic, so they left it out.

428694[/snapback]

do you know what the book is called?...what was the book of enoch all about as well?

fist off... the word of god is NOT crap to me...so have respect for what other people write down here...you dont have to like it...but you dont have to trash it as well

I'm not trashing anything. Why are you so angry? Crap was a word of frustration because I couldn't remember the title. As in, "Wow, I read this book, but crap, I can't remember the title!" Sheesh.

I'm not trashing anything. Why are you so angry? Crap was a word of frustration because I couldn't remember the title. As in, "Wow, I read this book, but crap, I can't remember the title!" Sheesh.

428852[/snapback]

I'm very sorry about that......been trying to get this whole(more books of the bible) thing sorted before my head gose pop!...alot of awsome people have told me there are more out there...but i'm not the best at the computer thing and takes me longer to figgger thing's out...

I am sorry for what i said...and thank you for making ME think before i type thing's down

*pat* 'tis okay.

just wanting to know if there where more books of the bible or is that the lot???..was watching t.v. and this thing came on saying theres more of the bible that was not in??

428447[/snapback]

Yes, there's Enoch, the FULL VERSION of Solomon, Peter's Apocalypse, etc etc etc. MANY MANY MANY books have beeen excluded, changed over time and translations, and cut to pieces.

*pat* 'tis okay.

428890[/snapback]

if you have anything on this... can you let me know

If you want to go looking go to Amazon.com, with a credit card (used for I.D. no charge) you can read the book (in parts, bit of a pain) for free.

Some Enoch translations add 'opinions'. DON'T READ THEM. The 'Old Testament Pseudepigrapha Vol 1' (and vol 2) is the best translation I've found yet. It has Enoch, Solomon, Ezra, Baruch, etc. Vol 2 has the Jubilees (with Noah, Enoch was Noah's great-grandfather) the full account of Moses (I think) etc.

There's also the Dead Sea Scrolls which also include 1 Enoch (there's 3 parts of Enoch) and the Book of Giants/Watchers (also related to Enoch) etc.

Lots of good reading. thumbsup.gif

SOME books however, you should be careful with. You can't take every book as 'truth' like the one's saying Jesus had a twin....which He did not. They assumed that because the name Thomas means 'twin'.

428694[/snapback]

That was Peter's Apocalypse which was actually going to be included INSTEAD of John's Revelation, but they chose John's instead, because like you just said, it was too graphic.

Yes, there were many many more books of Xian mythology that were not included in the main book of mythology. I work on the contention (if Xianity was actually true) that an all powerful God would have ensured that the books he deemed the truth and worthy of inclusion were in the bible. Anything else would be unacceptable!

First off, Pakai, I have never seen any evidence (much less proof) that the Xian bible is God's word. If you want to believe that particular delusion, that is your right, but don't expect me to respect a delusion, nor hold my tongue - that is my right! thumbsup.gif

First off, Pakai, I have never seen any evidence (much less proof) that the Xian bible is God's word.  If you want to believe that particular delusion, that is your right, but don't expect me to respect a delusion, nor hold my tongue - that is my right! thumbsup.gif

429240[/snapback]

yes there is no proof!! those who say that the end is prophesised in revelations should have a think. what is it that is being prophesised????

destruction....famine.....death........BUT WAIT......isnt that most people will see the end?? (not just christians)

break down of society and moral codes.....BUT WAIT the human race is, i would say, the definition of sociey...so if people thought that society would crumble...it would be the end...moral codes and laws are what keep society up.....so if they were to be broken, its natural to think it would be the end.

you dont need to be a prophet to say the end can be shown by those....one side its the planet destroying us the other its us destroying ourselves....now if you merge them together, you will always be right.

if you want, go ask anyone what would happen if there were no laws or moral codes....im sure the answers would be practically the same. ie civilisation would be doomed.

does that actually make sence to anyone????????????

Yes, there were many many more books of Xian mythology that were not included in the main book of mythology.  I work on the contention (if Xianity was actually true) that an all powerful God would have ensured that the books he deemed the truth and worthy of inclusion were in the bible.  Anything else would be unacceptable!

First off, Pakai, I have never seen any evidence (much less proof) that the Xian bible is God's word. If you want to believe that particular delusion, that is your right, but don't expect me to respect a delusion, nor hold my tongue - that is my right! thumbsup.gif

429240[/snapback]

thanks for that???...i think??..... so if you dont respect delusion...do you respect others??hhhmmmm i think not .....oh well have a premo new years any way

First off, Pakai, I have never seen any evidence (much less proof) that the Xian bible is God's word.  If you want to believe that particular delusion, that is your right, but don't expect me to respect a delusion, nor hold my tongue - that is my right! thumbsup.gif

429240[/snapback]

yes there is no proof!! those who say that the end is prophesised in revelations should have a think. what is it that is being prophesised????

destruction....famine.....death........BUT WAIT......isnt that most people will see the end?? (not just christians)

break down of society and moral codes.....BUT WAIT the human race is, i would say, the definition of sociey...so if people thought that society would crumble...it would be the end...moral codes and laws are what keep society up.....so if they were to be broken, its natural to think it would be the end.

you dont need to be a prophet to say the end can be shown by those....one side its the planet destroying us the other its us destroying ourselves....now if you merge them together, you will always be right.

if you want, go ask anyone what would happen if there were no laws or moral codes....im sure the answers would be practically the same. ie civilisation would be doomed.

does that actually make sence to anyone????????????

429305[/snapback]

ah..thanks as well??ok nice bunch of people have a good new years

If you want to go looking go to Amazon.com, with a credit card (used for I.D. no charge) you can read the book (in parts, bit of a pain) for free.

Some Enoch translations add 'opinions'. DON'T READ THEM. The 'Old Testament Pseudepigrapha Vol 1' (and vol 2) is the best translation I've found yet. It has Enoch, Solomon, Ezra, Baruch, etc. Vol 2 has the Jubilees (with Noah, Enoch was Noah's great-grandfather) the full account of Moses (I think) etc.

There's also the Dead Sea Scrolls which also include 1 Enoch (there's 3 parts of Enoch) and the Book of Giants/Watchers (also related to Enoch) etc.

Lots of good reading. thumbsup.gif

SOME books however, you should be careful with. You can't take every book as 'truth' like the one's saying Jesus had a twin....which He did not. They assumed that because the name Thomas means 'twin'.

428898[/snapback]

got some good stuff off the net ...thanks for your help on this...have a premo new years..Kia Haha..