Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Evil Dead (2013)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Another bad remake prequel whatever. The original Evil Dead was quite straight-faced and scary back in the day especially since it was made on an estimated shoestring budget of $375,000.

This was made on a $14,000,000 budget and looks like crap.

Sorry, the Chin has left his memorable mark in cinema with these movies and set the benchmark quite high.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#17    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostBracket, on 02 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

It's a remake. But, I get the feeling that it will be revealed to be a prequel to the original at the end.
It appears to be a remake of the first,with aspects of the second incorporated .

Miss me?

#18    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 November 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

It appears to be a remake of the first,with aspects of the second incorporated .

I noticed that with the self-mutilation and chainsaw. In fact, the trailer teaser exposes too much self-mutilation. That was sooo weak!

That's one reason I love the psychological horror and power of suggestion of yesteryears classic to these mindless plotless horrors of today.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#19    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

oh yes .. this going to be fun

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#20    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Another bad remake prequel whatever. The original Evil Dead was quite straight-faced and scary back in the day especially since it was made on an estimated shoestring budget of $375,000.

This was made on a $14,000,000 budget and looks like crap.

Sorry, the Chin has left his memorable mark in cinema with these movies and set the benchmark quite high.

That's kinda jumping the gun, don't you think? Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Rob Tabert are producers and had say in the writing process. Bruce Campbell has said he thinks this one is even better than the original.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 November 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Yeah, I know. I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy. But, there's a few little things that just kinda make it look like a prequel, like the introduction to the Necronomicon and the fact that it's all new characters. Do I think it's a prequel? No. I just think it would be pretty cool to see that happen, though.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#21    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostBracket, on 03 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

That's kinda jumping the gun, don't you think? Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Rob Tabert are producers and had say in the writing process. Bruce Campbell has said he thinks this one is even better than the original.

Bruce Campbell is being modest. It has anted up the gore and gratuity. In fact, the remake strongly resembles just another zombie flick in the woods (only its demon possession). Is it going to scare me and make me hold my breathe in suspense? I seriously doubt it, I believe it is going to just open up both barrels worth of gross-outs.

I believe I am going to walk out of that theatre... "... wow, um, Oh-kay, more teenagers in peril."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users