Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul loses the plot

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,846 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 14 May 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Those who beleive all our officials are corrupt likely mistrust deeply allowing them to easier become prone to believing conspiracy theories.

Those who fantasize of a clean slate are off the charts for CT.
Enough dismissing everything and everybody with the conspiracy theory slam. Can't we just bs once in a while? We aren't in school.
Anyways, no I do not believe they are all corrupt and I believe most of them on all sides of the isle go in with the best intentions. But with time comes corruption and not always by choice and as long as their are old 'timers' in there to coach the freshman on the ways of dirty insider politics the cycle never ends. And, I know it never will but it can be curbed. I chose to speculate on an extreme scenario that will never happen and all I was saying is how nice it would be to see a clean slate free of corruption and seeing blown egos is only humorous self gratification and not something I find important except for the fact that it would send a message.

If you or anybody else hasn't seen it and are a Netflix subscriber that hangs around these particular threads I URGE you to watch the Netflix original series House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. It's all about dirty insider Washington politics and the process of corruption and Spacey as Frank Underwood hellbent on power and is the best at being the dirtiest and the most corrupt while the public sees a squeaky clean all-star politician. It's highly entertaining and high quality you'd expect to see on something like HBO. Also, I can assure you that while the series is fictional it is soaked in truth. If you see it you'll see what I mean by young politicians with the best intentions being powerless to avoid corruption. Loved that show.

Edited by F3SS, 14 May 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#32    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,633 posts
  • Location:This new war has taken a toll on families, my part is coming to a close on this front, leaving soon on a mayday.

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

View PostF3SS, on 14 May 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

Enough dismissing everything and everybody with the conspiracy theory slam. Can't we just bs once in a while? We aren't in school.
Anyways, no I do not believe they are all corrupt and I believe most of them on all sides of the isle go in with the best intentions. But with time comes corruption and not always by choice and as long as their are old 'timers' in there to coach the freshman on the ways of dirty insider politics the cycle never ends. And, I know it never will but it can be curbed. I chose to speculate on an extreme scenario that will never happen and all I was saying is how nice it would be to see a clean slate free of corruption and seeing blown egos is only humorous self gratification and not something I find important except for the fact that it would send a message.

If you or anybody else hasn't seen it and are a Netflix subscriber that hangs around these particular threads I URGE you to watch the Netflix original series House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. It's all about dirty insider Washington politics and the process of corruption and Spacey as Frank Underwood hellbent on power and is the best at being the dirtiest and the most corrupt while the public sees a squeaky clean all-star politician. It's highly entertaining and high quality you'd expect to see on something like HBO. Also, I can assure you that while the series is fictional it is soaked in truth. If you see it you'll see what I mean by young politicians with the best intentions being powerless to avoid corruption. Loved that show.

When it comes to curbing corporate influence on our legislation process then we are on the same team. Could not agree more.

Is Rand Paul squeaky clean?

#33    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,846 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Well he is a republican. After all his exposer I'm sure something would've come to light by now.

#34    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,336 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 12 May 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

What are your thoughts involving Rand Paul's change of position regarding drones and the Sixth Amendment?

The key is "imminent threat, of course.

If a threat is "imminent," even local individuals - civilians - have authority to use deadly force.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#35    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Scoffing at an upcoming House Committee on Ways & Means inquiry into how the IRS targeted those who mentioned the Constitution, the bill of rights, or even making “America a better place to live,” Kentucky Senator Paul said he would introduce a resolution today calling for the IRS agents involved to be fired for abusing their power in targeting people for their political activities.

“The President says he’s going to do something if they’re guilty, well it sounds like there’s already been an investigation and no one’s been fired,” Paul told Fox News’ Sean Hannity. “I’m afraid he’s going to do about as much as he did after Benghazi,” he added, noting that those involved in the botched security operation still work for the State Department.

Accusing Obama of engaging in “faux outrage” over the IRS scandal, Paul said the President was “using the power of his government to investigate his enemies, he’s tapping the phones of the press, and it turns out last year he signed legislation that allows him to detain an American without a trial and send them to Guantanamo Bay.”

“This sounds like a President somewhat drunk on power, not cautious about how he uses power,” added Paul.

The Senator also responded to criticism over his claim that Obama is working “anti-American globalists plot[ting] against our Constitution,” a quote that was characterized by the Washington Post as “black helicopter stuff.”

“The one thing they can’t get away from is that there is a UN Small Arms Treaty, we’re not making it up, President Obama has sounded and acted in the UN as if he’s supportive, it is moving forward and we are trying to drum up support and publicity for people to say look we do not want to have Americans obey rules of the United Nations, it goes against our sovereignty, it goes against our Constitution,” said Paul, adding that he would continue to push the issue.

With the White House already reeling from its complicity in the Benghazi cover-up and the IRS controversy, it emerged last night that the so-called “most transparent administration” in history had, via the US Department of Justice, “secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative’s top executive called a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into how news organizations gather the news.”

Although the government refuses to divulge why it sought the records, which included 20 separate telephone lines assigned to AP and its journalists in April and May of 2012, speculation suggests the move was a reprisal against a May 7, 2012 AP story which disclosed details of a CIA operation in Yemen to disrupt an airliner bomb plot, a story which was initially delayed at the request of government officials.

“There can be no possible justification for such an overbroad collection of the telephone communications of The Associated Press and its reporters,” said AP President and CEO Gary Pruitt in a letter to Attorney General Holder. “These records potentially reveal communications with confidential sources across all of the newsgathering activities undertaken by the AP during a two-month period, provide a road map to AP’s newsgathering operations, and disclose information about AP’s activities and operations that the government has no conceivable right to know. We regard this action by the Department of Justice as a serious interference with AP’s constitutional rights to gather and report the news.”

After the Justice Department responded by claiming it valued “the freedom of the press” and was “always careful and deliberative” in its actions, House Oversight Committee chairman Darrell Issa reacted by remarking, “This is obviously disturbing. Coming within a week of revelations that the White House lied to the American people about the Benghazi attacks and the IRS targeted conservative Americans for their political beliefs, Americans should take notice that top Obama Administration officials increasingly see themselves as above the law and emboldened by the belief that they don’t have to answer to anyone. I will work with my fellow House Chairmen on an appropriate response to Obama Administration officials.”

Taken from http://www.infowars....drunk-on-power/

Edited by Kowalski, 14 May 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#36    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,687 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 13 May 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Left or Right....Red or Blue...Dem or repub...Conservative or Liberal/progressive...Two wings of the same bird of prey.
And this is why many mainstream media networks are a complete waste of time to view.   Fox News Channel and MSNBC focus everything through a partisan political filter as if that's the answer to a better future.  Anyone who watches these media sources for any length of time unwittingly welcomes the indoctrination they're going to get.   The media is the most protected class in the country and it thrives under the government's bedsheets.

It's a fool's errand to first figure out what politics one likes, and then choose media sources to reinforce those particular politics.  I might be libertarian, so if all I do is go out and watch libertarian media sources to reinforce the preconceived beliefs I already had, I'm drinking the same kool aid that the others are and I don't even know it.   One's personal politics is no refuge from the error.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#37    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 May 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Is that what it means?  So you are absolutely terrified of Obama then? :P

Damn right, and with good reason.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users