Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 20 votes

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

• Please log in to reply
1484 replies to this topic

#91    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

the dark horse, on 21 February 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

It is crazy that other people have seen this thing (or things).  I've woken up from terrible, terrible nightmares to have this thing standing over myself and my girlfriend.  It has to be one of the most terrifying moments I've ever experienced.  It's not even some kind of sleep paralysis or anything .... I've tried to shake my girlfriend awake while I was staring this thing down in her room, and it just moves backwards slowly and disappears into the dark.  I've seen it as a kind of shorter guy with a beard, and even as a shapeless form perched over me.  The craziest thing about it, which I haven't heard anyone else mention, is that if I sense something in the room before I go to sleep, I'll turn the bedside lamp on (waking my girl up, who has never seen the thing, and is somewhat skeptical).  While we argue about the validity of said shadowman, the lights will cut out ... and I mean, the whole second floor breaker will switch off.  Which is terrifying at the time, needless to say.  Any skeptics out there, I can understand why you wouldn't believe this phenomenon to be true... however, I have unfortunately experienced it personally.  I actually only came across this forum while trying to do research on this stuff!  I wasn't aware that a lot of people have seen this thing.

I have found that there are two types of dreams that these entities infuse into the mind of a sleeping person:

1. Nightmares: You see death and destruction everywhere around you. You see your loved ones die. Sometimes you see sick stuff happening to people. Like people getting dragged under a running vehicle, falling off buildings, their body parts scattered and other sick stuff. These can casue psychological damage to the victim if not physical.

2. Endless Loop Dreams: I believe that these dreams are infused to physically damage/hurt or kill a person. These dreams are not typical nightmares. These are more like endless puzzles. You find yourslef in a building and you are trying so hard to find your way out and you just go round and round, there seems no end to it. You see yourself on road and you want to reach a destination and you are trying so hard to reach it but you just keep going and going and the road never ends, sometimes you find that you came back where you started from. You see that you solve one problem in dream with so much effort and another one comes and you begin solving it and there seems no end to it. All such dreams that just go on and on and the victim is totally focussed into solving those puzzles, he is so deeply focussed into solving those puzzles or finding his way out that he never realizes that he is in a dream. He never bothers to wake up.  Here only partial sleep paralysis occurs but the victim does not realize it. When he wakes up he usually feels extreme thirst and a burning sensation in the throat region. He feels exhausted. Sometimes he finds injuries on other parts of his body. Most of the times he finds a shadow person standing there. He experienced sleep paralysis but does not realize that. Now here goes my theory. I believe this is what happens here: Ordinary nightmares wake the victim up and in sleep paralysis the victim wakes up and tries to free himself. These entities do not find enough time to physically hurt a person. So they put him in solving these puzzles and then slowly and subtly begin inflicting damage to his body like inducing heat around the throat. The victim begins feeling this choking sensation or thirst or burning sensation in the dream but he is so involved into solving those puzzles that he thinks that this is happening in reality, he thinks that this is happenig out of exhaustion while finding his way out. He may try to find water in dream but does not find it anywhere and goes on searching for it. Then again comes to solving those puzzles until he is almost at the verge of succumbing to physical injuries. Its my own theory based on my own experiences and experiences of few other victims. Criticism or any other explanation is welcome. :)

As I said earlier, shadow people can have tangible state. They can physically touch things. So no wonder you find that your lights are switched-off. Skeptics are skeptics. Don't worry about them. Think about how you can get rid of this shadow person.

#92    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

Tom B, on 22 February 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

After watching the video, I can say that my case is not sleep-paralysis. Its not just the chest that is unable to move, often enough the chest was not even touched but your head being pushed down or your hands or arms being grabbed and it always seemed to love to start at the feet and touch up to the knee area.
It seems that your body has learnt to be resistant to its paralyzing attempts. Usually, he does not proceed without first paralyzing the victim. It is too risky for him. Perhaps he does not know that he is failing in paralyzing you and still trying that. If you feel a rush of strange force entering your back or neck or a drilling/vibrating sensation in your head then it is definitely attempting to paralyze you but is failing in that. If you can move your limbs while it is there why dont you attack him and drive him away. You have chosen to become a silent victim of its torment.

Tom B, on 22 February 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yes, we're both concerned about Nikki and her being all alone on the third floor, I tell her to try to record it with her blackberry camera if something happens
Never ever do that. Never record it and never communicate with it. Based on the amount of data I have collected on these encounters, I can confidently claim that it will only worsen the situation. Scare him, or attack him, or even kill him  if you have to, but do not communicate with him and do not record him on camera. More of his clan will come to your house to deal with you.

#93    Tom B

Tom B

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

angela_sb, on 22 February 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

I have found that there are two types of dreams that these entities infuse into the mind of a sleeping person:

1. Nightmares: You see death and destruction everywhere around you. You see your loved ones die. Sometimes you see sick stuff happening to people. Like people getting dragged under a running vehicle, falling off buildings, their body parts scattered and other sick stuff. These can casue psychological damage to the victim if not physical.

This is the first thread where I am seeing other people with the nightmares. You just described exactly what they are like. The things that happen are just mind numbing. It's pretty much a psychological torture that its doing. And all the while all you can do is watch it takefold. Most of the time there is a beast like creature (that is shaped so indescribable that I am speechless with how it looks) that will pretty much do total annihilation with everything in its path, other times there is no entity but the surroundings look like hell exploded on earth and people are falling victim to it no matter where I look.

To me the dreams are far worse then the physical attacks because those images are burned in your mind.

And ya, wow.. when you wake up you feel so drained, sweaty and empty.

#94    Tom B

Tom B

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

angela_sb, on 22 February 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

Never ever do that. Never record it and never communicate with it. Based on the amount of data I have collected on these encounters, I can confidently claim that it will only worsen the situation. Scare him, or attack him, or even kill him  if you have to, but do not communicate with him and do not record him on camera. More of his clan will come to your house to deal with you.

You see thats one thing that I am very, very hesitant to do. As was stated elsewhere in this thread, it is known as a trickster, it will do what ever it takes to take advantage of a situation and generally likes to make your life a living hell. From doing research on this subject since I was living in the states and my own personal experiences is that it has the ability to get in your head and do what ever it can during the limited time he can maintain that power. Now with my mindset to say, ok.. I'm going to try to kill it by strangling him or whatever else I can do, with that mindset I think he can take that and use it against me. Think about it, all he has to do is make it look like in my eyes that my better half is the entity and here I am thinking, ok its time to get rid of this thing once and for all. Well.. you can see where I am coming from.

I'm not a violent man and no, this is in my eyes a very, very bad idea. I would rather look down another avenue for expelling this thing.

#95    the dark horse

the dark horse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Tom B, on 22 February 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

The nightmares that they give off is just horrific. Things that a normal person can never dream up. In my case the dreams are always of death and destruction around me, the one thing that is truly terrifying to me since I value human life so sacred. It knows this and wow.. really just unleashes chaos. So sadistic. When these dreams are over I feel so drained. I feel that these creatures sorta feed off of that, like drinking it from a cup. They feed off of that energy and I would assume it makes them stronger.

Its funny because sometimes I tell my better half what happens in these dreams and she's like.. wow, that would make a good horror movie. :D

yeah, my nightmares usually involve fighting demons, large dogs, and my little brother (like fighting to the death).  those are the ones where i actually wake up swinging punches or kicking, and then i will see the form in the room.  I have seen (in the dreams) strange landscapes, almost like a mix of a graveyard and a temple ... and there will be threatening figures inhabiting the place.  One is a shorter thing that wears a hog carcass over his head (just the skin) and the other is a bony, Native-american looking guy in a cloak that looks like it has been ripped to shreds ... this thing is deformed and has two torsos stacked on top of each other, with 4 arms.  he will sit under an archway.  this isn't the shadow i see in the room, but just a recurring character in the nightmares that come with him.  At first I thought that my nightmare was just carrying over into a waking state, and i was imagining things, but after so many different scenarios have taken place I believe that these things are the cause of the night terrors (almost like my consciousness is doing battle with this thing while I am asleep).

#96    the dark horse

the dark horse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

I will also have repeated dreams of being in a labyrinthian haunted house of some sort.  There will be some kind of terrible evil in the house and I will be lost inside.  Like somebody else said, I don't know if these things make your worst fears happen in dreams, but they are truly terrifying to experience.

another interesting side note: I have seen this thing in the room while my girl was awake once.  i woke from a nightmare and she was sitting on the bed next to me and the shadow was walking away from us, toward the closet.  I started shaking her like "THERE!!!! THERE IT IS!!!" ..... and she couldn't see anything!!  i guess not everyone can see them, which makes it harder for people to believe you.

Edited by the dark horse, 22 February 2011 - 03:43 PM.

#97    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Tom B, on 22 February 2011 - 03:16 PM, said:

You see thats one thing that I am very, very hesitant to do. As was stated elsewhere in this thread, it is known as a trickster, it will do what ever it takes to take advantage of a situation and generally likes to make your life a living hell. From doing research on this subject since I was living in the states and my own personal experiences is that it has the ability to get in your head and do what ever it can during the limited time he can maintain that power. Now with my mindset to say, ok.. I'm going to try to kill it by strangling him or whatever else I can do, with that mindset I think he can take that and use it against me. Think about it, all he has to do is make it look like in my eyes that my better half is the entity and here I am thinking, ok its time to get rid of this thing once and for all. Well.. you can see where I am coming from.

I'm not a violent man and no, this is in my eyes a very, very bad idea. I would rather look down another avenue for expelling this thing.

It is not capable of producing hallucinations in a person who is awake and concious. It is a coward who attacks people during sleep. But if you just choose to wait and watch then this is what is going to happen. It can produce voilent traits in people who are not voilent. It has the ability to induce such feelings. People in the house begin fighting with each other and there comes negativity everywhere. Life becomes a torment. People then proceed commiting voilent crimes that they would never comment. Did you watch the complete documentary I posted. See how that person began hurting his loved ones after waking up from sleep.
With all due respect, sir, I don't subscribe to your views. I am a girl, never been voilent in my life. But decided to have a physical confrontaion with this creature, I would kill it if I had to. It is a poisonous snake, nothing more than that. When it comes to survival, you are not a man or a woman, you are not even a human-being. Your animal instincts take over you and you do whatever you have to do to save yourself. It is not called voilence. If you knew how dangerous this creature is you would not hesitate to be voilent with it. I did and I succeeded. Its been a year and it never came back.

#98    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

the dark horse, on 22 February 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

I will also have repeated dreams of being in a labyrinthian haunted house of some sort.  There will be some kind of terrible evil in the house and I will be lost inside.  Like somebody else said, I don't know if these things make your worst fears happen in dreams, but they are truly terrifying to experience.
Do you mean infinite loop type? It is saddening to hear that. These types of dreams are more dangerous than nightmares. Do you feel thirsty when you wake up? Deal with this creature at the earliest.

#99    the dark horse

the dark horse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

I can't recall if I was ever thirsty afterwards.  I haven't seen one in about two months, since we moved to a new place.  I'm not sure if this was something residing at the old house or what, but the funny thing is that the house itself never freaked me out, or gave off bad feelings.  I was completely perfect there, unless something was actually going on in the room.  Hopefully that thing was just a resident there, but coming on here and seeing that all kinds of other folks have seen the same thing is kinda discouraging.  And just think how many people have seen stuff like this and have just pushed it out of their head and refused to believe it was real!

#100    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

the dark horse, on 22 February 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

I can't recall if I was ever thirsty afterwards.  I haven't seen one in about two months, since we moved to a new place.  I'm not sure if this was something residing at the old house or what, but the funny thing is that the house itself never freaked me out, or gave off bad feelings.  I was completely perfect there, unless something was actually going on in the room.  Hopefully that thing was just a resident there, but coming on here and seeing that all kinds of other folks have seen the same thing is kinda discouraging.  And just think how many people have seen stuff like this and have just pushed it out of their head and refused to believe it was real!
Those who disregard their senses and refuse to believe that it was real, just put their lives in danger. What kind of shadow person have you seen? I mean what did it look like?

#101    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Tom B, on 22 February 2011 - 03:16 PM, said:

Think about it, all he has to do is make it look like in my eyes that my better half is the entity and here I am thinking, ok its time to get rid of this thing once and for all. Well.. you can see where I am coming from.

WOW... Good point, scary thought.

I had never connected it to nightmares, but now that I think about it I had a nightmare around the time I saw the cloaked figure that I can not get out of my head. I had never had dreams like this and for a while I had them, it was dreams of being pursued. The one I can't forget was me running trough the city, like someone was chasing me, it was a car; and I was barefoot running through dark allies in between really tall buildings. I got to this one building that had windows where I could see inside and I could see people in there, and I would bang on the windows and ask for help, but they wouldn't let me in, they would stare at me in fear. As I was banging on the window I looked towards the end of the alley and I saw the car drive past the alley on the road, they were looking for me so I turned and ran the other way. I could feel my feet aching from running on pavement and glass, I could hear my breath as I ran, it just kept going and going until I was trapped in an alley. I woke up breathing really hard and reaching for my feet. Whoever said it was like a horror movie is right on, that's exactly what it felt like. It was so strange because it was a looping nightmare like it was described... It kept going and going, I didn't realize I was dreaming until I woke up because I was trapped and couldn't go anywhere. I have never forgotten it because it felt SOOO real, like I was going to die. I cried when I woke up, my boyfriend couldn't understand why a nightmare would make me cry, but it was terrible, like I had really just been chased all over town.

There is another nightmare I had in my teens that horrified me, it was around the beginning of my SP. I dreamed that I was walking out of my house, and there was all these dead cats, like a line of them with their throats slit it was like a trail, and I started crying and covering my mouth I couldn't understand... My moms cat was dead, and my neighbors cats were dead, and I just followed the trail horrified. When I got to the gate my dad was holding my cat and he had a knife he was about to slit his throat, he had this horrible evil look on his face he was smiling really big in a very disturbing way. I began screaming and woke up. It was terrible, that time I also woke up crying. It scares me to this day!!

If these things can cause those dreams, they really know where to hit you because I loved all of those cats and it showed them to me dying.... in a very gruesome way. I won't even get in to the other one, it's terrible any way you put it, I felt like prey.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#102    Tom B

Tom B

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

angela_sb, on 22 February 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

Its been a year and it never came back.

Thats the thing though, I honestly do not believe you can actually kill it. This Entity or shadow ghost or hat man or what ever we label it is not really alive and its not really dead. We really don't know what it is. If we strangle it does that mean it needs oxygen to live? I hardly doubt it.

And yes I am very aware of the dangers it can do. Back in 2008 we were sleeping in bed one night and everything was fine. No dreams or no visits for quite some time. I awoke at 6:00am with two police officers here at my bedroom door. I had no idea what was going on but I was handcuffed and brought to the police station, where I was in custody for about 23 days and almost deported. What happened? From what she told me was that during the last stages of night I suddenly kicked her off the bed with such force that she hit the wall and I got up and grabbed her and started to strangle her, she said my face was not my own and my eyes were of another person, that I had such energy that it seemed like it was ten men on her. Our oldest daughter, who has since moved out and starting her own life now used her cell phone to call the cops from the other room since she heard what was happening. She then said I simply stopped and climbed back into bed and then thats where I recall what happened, the two cops opened the door some ten minutes later and they walked me down the stairs and into the car, i didnt even have my glasses on or any shoes.

So yes, I do understand the dangers of this, he is a trickster, just evil.

I don't share this story to anyone, for its something that truly terrifies me that this happened. But I feel I can say it here to give you some insight of how evil this guy can be.

And trust me, its true. I wouldnt want to make this up.

To this day I have no memory of it, all I know is she told me that it wasnt me that did this.

Edited by Tom B, 22 February 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#103    the dark horse

the dark horse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

angela_sb, on 22 February 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

Those who disregard their senses and refuse to believe that it was real, just put their lives in danger. What kind of shadow person have you seen? I mean what did it look like?

well the very first time i saw it, it was almost formless... a thick bluishblack cloud. it was directly over me, almost floating 2 ft over my bed.  as i woke up, it slowly (then rapidly) jetted to the foot of the bed.  I tried to kick it so hard that i kicked all the sheets off the bed.  It shook me up, but I eventually dismissed that one as maybe just having my nightmare carry over into consciousness.  It wasn't til the next time I saw it that I was dead certain of its existence .... I woke up from a dream while I was kicking out (I actually kicked my girlfriend) ... she kinda moaned so I started to apologize to her, when I noticed a figure standing over the bed.  I looked up and this thing was looking dead into my face .... it was dark in the room, and this thing was even darker, but it was pretty short (I would say not much taller than 5'4) and had a beard.  The eyes were completely black (and probably the scariest feature, as they were fixed directly on mine).  I started to feel terror rise up in my chest, so I started attempting to wake my lady (saying "there's something in the room)" ... as I was doing that, the thing slowly backed away and moved across the room, watching me the whole time as it disappeared into the shadows of the closet.  I was completely shocked, as I've always believed in ghosts, but I've always felt their presence, and never actually thought I would SEE one with my own eyes.  I don't know if its a ghost or not, but it obviously wasn't human (although it appeared to be).  I wonder if these are creations of an individual's consciousness, or if they exist outside of that realm and just decide to interact with certain people?  Because like I said before ... my girl was never affected by this thing, and the time she was awake and it was in the room, it appeared that she was unable to see it...

#104    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Tom B, on 22 February 2011 - 04:10 PM, said:

Thats the thing though, I honestly do not believe you can actually kill it. This Entity or shadow ghost or hat man or what ever we label it is not really alive and its not really dead. We really don't know what it is. If we strangle it does that mean it needs oxygen to live? I hardly doubt it.

And yes I am very aware of the dangers it can do. Back in 2008 we were sleeping in bed one night and everything was fine. No dreams or no visits for quite some time. I awoke at 6:00am with two police officers here at my bedroom door. I had no idea what was going on but I was handcuffed and brought to the police station, where I was in custody for about 23 days and almost deported. What happened? From what she told me was that during the last stages of night I suddenly kicked her off the bed with such force that she hit the wall and I got up and grabbed her and started to strangle her, she said my face was not my own and my eyes were of another person, that I had such energy that it seemed like it was ten men on her. Our oldest daughter, who has since moved out and starting her own life now used her cell phone to call the cops from the other room since she heard what was happening. She then said I simply stopped and climbed back into bed and then thats where I recall what happened, the two cops opened the door some ten minutes later and they walked me down the stairs and into the car, i didnt even have my glasses on or any shoes.

So yes, I do understand the dangers of this, he is a trickster, just evil.

I don't share this story to anyone, for its something that truly terrifies me that this happened. But I feel I can say it here to give you some insight of how evil this guy can be.

And trust me, its true. I wouldnt want to make this up.

To this day I have no memory of it, all I know is she told me that it wasnt me that did this.

I totally believe you. I know so many cases like these. That's what I am talking about. This creature can make you voilent even if you are not voilent. Wouldn't it be better if you confronted this creature instead of having that voilent episode with your girlfriend? You ended up being voilent anyway.
But how can you claim that the creature is not really alive? It is just your personal belief? This creature is an animal, a living one. When you wake up it runs back scared into darknesss? What is it afraid of if it is not alive? What is it afraid of losing? It runs in self-defense, of course. It is an alive creature but only with a difference that it has both physical/tangible and astral aspects to it. When it is in tangible state you can literally kill it. I am not the only one who has succeeded after physically confronting it, there are many others. Some fought with it in the physical dimesion hurting it/klling it and some did it in astral projections. I have confronted it in physical dimesion, it struggled with pain, ran away scared. If you do not want to physically confront it, it is your own choice but please do not disregard what others have seen with their own eyes. This is becoming a debate now. I am not here to debate with anyone. If you do not want to confront it, it is your choice. No one will judge you on that. You can do whatever you want.

#105    Angela_SB

Angela_SB

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

the dark horse, on 22 February 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

well the very first time i saw it, it was almost formless... a thick bluishblack cloud. it was directly over me, almost floating 2 ft over my bed.  as i woke up, it slowly (then rapidly) jetted to the foot of the bed.  I tried to kick it so hard that i kicked all the sheets off the bed.  It shook me up, but I eventually dismissed that one as maybe just having my nightmare carry over into consciousness.  It wasn't til the next time I saw it that I was dead certain of its existence .... I woke up from a dream while I was kicking out (I actually kicked my girlfriend) ... she kinda moaned so I started to apologize to her, when I noticed a figure standing over the bed.  I looked up and this thing was looking dead into my face .... it was dark in the room, and this thing was even darker, but it was pretty short (I would say not much taller than 5'4) and had a beard.  The eyes were completely black (and probably the scariest feature, as they were fixed directly on mine).  I started to feel terror rise up in my chest, so I started attempting to wake my lady (saying "there's something in the room)" ... as I was doing that, the thing slowly backed away and moved across the room, watching me the whole time as it disappeared into the shadows of the closet.  I was completely shocked, as I've always believed in ghosts, but I've always felt their presence, and never actually thought I would SEE one with my own eyes.  I don't know if its a ghost or not, but it obviously wasn't human (although it appeared to be).  I wonder if these are creations of an individual's consciousness, or if they exist outside of that realm and just decide to interact with certain people?  Because like I said before ... my girl was never affected by this thing, and the time she was awake and it was in the room, it appeared that she was unable to see it...

I meant to ask, was it wearing a hat or a hooded cloak?
This is not a creation of your conciousness. How come so many people see the figure with similar characteristics irrespective of their cultural background. It is real. It is there alive hunting people who he sees dangerous to his clan. Your girlfriend may not have that high level of perception so is unable to see it.

Edited by angela_sb, 22 February 2011 - 04:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users