Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Dog suicides at overtourn

mystery dog suicides dogs suicide at overtournbrid

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think is happening? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think is happening?

1. Aliens (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Ghosts (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

3. Strange gasses (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

4. Government experiments (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Psychic phenomena (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

6. Other? (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    elitenecro

elitenecro

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• Can you hear that? No

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Ahh.

But seriously, dogs can smell cancer, they can detect earthquakes and other natural disasters before human technologies of present, dogs sensing and waiting for you before you come home five minutes before there is any form of sign of you arriving.
And many other things. I'm sure they can handle a mink scent rationally after a couple of beers.

#32    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,219 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

View Postelitenecro, on 22 May 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Ahh.

But seriously, dogs can smell cancer, they can detect earthquakes and other natural disasters before human technologies of present, dogs sensing and waiting for you before you come home five minutes before there is any form of sign of you arriving.
And many other things. I'm sure they can handle a mink scent rationally after a couple of beers.

They also chase motorcycles, run into traffic, walk into walls, jump over fences with 6-foot drop on other side and attempt to have sex with anything that catches their eye... lol

"I had predicted from the onset there might be some type of strong scent around the parapets that was over-stimulating a dog's senses. However, I needed some evidence of something more tangible. I knew there would be scenting from rats, squirrels, stoats, pine-martins or the related, but much large, mink. The latter creature first introduced from North America into the UK for farming and inadvertently (or deliberately) released into our countryside. The dogs death-records date back to the onset of mink farming........"
http://www.problempe...rtounbridge.asp

Intoxicated by the scents.  :)

#33    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Postelitenecro, on 22 May 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

So if you broke all your limbs from going too close to a cliff and are still in shock and more than likely dying, you would still crawl with your broken limbs to fall off again?

That is what happened in all the cases where the dogs survived and were brought back to the bridge while they were dying from the broken limbs.

Where did you get that false information?

Brought back to the bridge?....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#34    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

So if you broke all your limbs from going too close to a cliff and are still in shock and more than likely dying, you would still crawl with your broken limbs to fall off again?

That is what happened in all the cases where the dogs survived and were brought back to the bridge while they were dying from the broken limbs.

Comparing to a human? Big mistake.

View Postelitenecro, on 22 May 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Not really, it just doesn't have to be the most simple and ignorant one.

I've owned and loved dogs. Just as much if not more thna humans I know. lol So my comments are definitly not ignorant. Unlike yours where oyu are comparing what a human would do to what a dog would do and thinking it's the exact same thing. lol We have different instincts.......

Also Sakari had a wolf.... I mean common that's the optimum of having a bond with an animal form the dog family. I don't see how he could be ignorant with this. lol

Edited by Coffey, 22 May 2012 - 08:14 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#35    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

View Postelitenecro, on 22 May 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Ahh.

How do you know the dogs have been sensing and waiting around five minutes before you get home? Wouldn't they hear you pull into your driveway or walking towards the house and then come and wait at the door?

And why do you think it's psychic phenomena? We've all given reasonable answers for our opinions, wheres yours?

Edited by DKO, 22 May 2012 - 11:58 PM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#36    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostCoffey, on 22 May 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

Comparing to a human? Big mistake.

I've owned and loved dogs. Just as much if not more thna humans I know. lol So my comments are definitly not ignorant. Unlike yours where oyu are comparing what a human would do to what a dog would do and thinking it's the exact same thing. lol We have different instincts.......

Also Sakari had a wolf.... I mean common that's the optimum of having a bond with an animal form the dog family. I don't see how he could be ignorant with this. lol

Thanks for remembering that :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#37    _Only

_Only

• 6,508 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Well if you say it that way, people/dogs/etc. do incredibly illogical and stupid things when in shock. They're not thinking as much as blindly acting/reacting. This, mixed with dogs impulsive behaviors would make a case for this happening. It's still extremely odd, no doubt, but dogs being in shock? I wonder if they would do something like that again out of pure shock/adrenaline actions.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#38    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,369 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Perhaps they're acoholic, I've often done suicidal things which, when I survived I tried again and again....

Edited to say...BTW: I'm 22 months sober..yay :w00t: ..for me.

Edited by and then, 23 May 2012 - 04:16 AM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#39    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostSakari, on 23 May 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Thanks for remembering that :)

It's hard to forget such a beautiful creature. I watched the youtube vid you posted a while back. (or was it on your profile?) Also I love the name you gave her.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#40    VietRulerZ

VietRulerZ

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

the bridge is probably haunted due to the fact that there are ruins and that they are easily possessed by a ghost or a dog ghost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users