Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters Set fire to LeBeau Plantation

Brian Topp

The seven men in custody in connection with the suspected arson of LeBeau Plantation in Old Arabi apparently were looking for ghosts, according to St. Bernard Parish Sheriff Jimmy Pohlmann. The sheriff said the men had been smoking marijuana and drinking in the vacant house

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/11/seven_people_in_custody_for_le.html

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Another haunt falls to trespassing and foolishness. Sad :td:

And sometimes some folks wonder why I'm such a tightarse about trespassing and legality.

• Like 8

Sad pathetic idiots, who have removed a historical home all for a night of vandalism under the guise of 'ghost hunting'.

I don't think that you are particularly harsh about it rashore, I have often stated, If you can't muster up the courage to ask the property owner for permission to be on their property (ghost hunt, take photos, hunt), you have no business doing it.

Mabon.

• Like 5

Yay.

Just in case anyone cares...

This is what the plantation once looked like:

11069366996_5bf3245d19.jpg

And just prior to the fire, which as you can see, would be easy enough for anyone to destroy...

11069378834_8d55a7e24d.jpg

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 4

That will certainly not help the reputation of ghost hunting. In fact, that's a blow for those who are invested to make honest researches. Some owners might be more reluctant to let a team in for a night at historical locations.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Glad I wasn't looking forward to seeing this place, idiots, now I can't.

I don't like people trespassing on my property, they are usually up to no good.

• Like 1

That was a really nice looking place too..damn fools

least they coulda done was set a crack house on fire looking for ghosts or something productive*

Kelevra Industries World Wide does not support arson in any level despite target*

Throw these morons in jail

That's where they are. Or still were as of Monday. Not sure if they were able to bond out or not.

• Like 2

I wonder if any ghosts showed up prior to the fire? The "hunters" might try to blame them. Tards. Lol lucky no one got hurt

Edited by Lava_Lady

These idiots deserve every inch of the law up their butts.

Nothing says intelligence like burning down a house in attempts to summon a ghost. Dumb **** people like this is the reason the human race is considered the Gomer Pyle of the inter-galactic community.

• Like 1

I live in Louisiana, and let me tell you, don't worry the state will throw the book at them. Jackasses. We are very protective of our state history.

• Like 1

Toast busters?

Nah, there used to be a cereal called Post Toasties, probably didn't have it in the UK, plus I'm showing my age!

Nah, there used to be a cereal called Post Toasties, probably didn't have it in the UK, plus I'm showing my age!

Yup, I am a bit ignorant of american breakfast cereals. :blush:

As for the age, I sure have a few too many years myself...

These aren't Ghost Hunters. The title is misleading. These are just Criminals who burned the place down. Anyone can claim they are Ghost Hunters but legit ones wouldn't burn a historical place to the ground.

I would like to clarify this story because the news media has all of the facts wrong. Not that I am defending what these punk kids did. However, the news media are reporting them as Ghost Hunters. They are not an established group! They are not Paranormal Investigators. They are simply just "Paranormal Enthusiasts!" I agree with Steve. They are just punk kids. Professional Ghost Hunters would not ( I hope not ) in any investigation smoke pot, drink or set fire a historic location. The news media is misleading with their information and I am outraged from it. This is totally giving professional Investigators a bad rep!

I would like to clarify this story because the news media has all of the facts wrong. Not that I am defending what these punk kids did. However, the news media are reporting them as Ghost Hunters. They are not an established group! They are not Paranormal Investigators. They are simply just "Paranormal Enthusiasts!" I agree with Steve. They are just punk kids. Professional Ghost Hunters would not ( I hope not ) in any investigation smoke pot, drink or set fire a historic location. The news media is misleading with their information and I am outraged from it. This is totally giving professional Investigators a bad rep!

No news media here in the city portrayed them as any part of a group here to investigate. It's been well established that locals believed it to be haunted. That's all they needed. "Hey man. Let's go see if that house really is haunted. Maybe we can find one!"