Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Does god exist

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Do(does) God(s) exist (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Chose an answer(expect critisism)

1. one almighty god (jews) (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. more then one semi almighty gods (Hindus) (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. more then one with a king god (Greek) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. one god with a demi god (cristians) (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

5. "one supreme being" (not god but creator) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. no god what so ever (athiest) (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

7. don't know (0 votes [0.00%])

8. don't care (some cults) (0 votes [0.00%])

9. other (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

10. thir aliens (most cults) (0 votes [0.00%])

if you choose there is a god or supreme being (any) chose one

1. bunch of good gods (0 votes [0.00%])

2. bunch of evil gods (0 votes [0.00%])

3. one good god (8 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. one evil god (0 votes [0.00%])

5. other (8 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

6. bored god or gods (1 votes [5.00%])

7. evil and good god (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. evil Surprem being(SB) (0 votes [0.00%])

9. good SB (1 votes [5.00%])

10. Mixed SB (0 votes [0.00%])

if you chose a good or evil, why

1. The worlds to cruel to have a good god (0 votes [0.00%])

2. we would all be dead by now with and evil god (1 votes [5.00%])

3. the evil gods are fighting and leave us alone (0 votes [0.00%])

4. the good gods are arguring about who will fix the world (0 votes [0.00%])

5. he/they think the world has destoyed its-self (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. he/they think it's beyond saveing (0 votes [0.00%])

7. they place bets on wars (0 votes [0.00%])

8. they don't care at all about us (1 votes [5.00%])

9. think i'm going to far with this (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

10. other (13 votes [65.00%])

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    RH2097

RH2097

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Fear the soul for it knows no fear.

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

All three I picked other.
First off, I don't believe in any religion or cult you posted in your poll.  I believe there is more than one deity, I believe them to be a mixture of good and evil, not just one set.  Just as on Earth with humanity, all cannot be good and all cannot be bad.  There needs to be a balance in the middle.

RH2097

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?
Don't analyze my beliefs.  And I won't pick out the flaws in yours.
You tell me that I sin, You say I'm bound to hell, So once judgment condemns you, I shall see you there.

#17    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

I also believe good cannot exist without evil. If there's no evil, how do we know what is good? =P

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#18    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

so much that we cannot place God before existence?
Other 1)Existence, before God.
Other 2)God, before Existence.

Well if God created existence it's feasible that he was present before existence.
If God is omnipotent, then he has to be evil as well as good. How could God know evil and create evil if he was not partially evil himself?

Posted Image

#19    Zoso

Zoso

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Lying in the misty morning sun
    The pillow of the night still beneath you
    Don't you think we're forever ---Roy Harper

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

Well if God created existence it's feasible that he was present before existence.
If God is omnipotent, then he has to be evil as well as good. How could God know evil and create evil if he was not partially evil himself?

Good point Yelekiah. I believe that a balance must be present in the world between good and evil. This is the nature of duality. Like the swing of the pendulum. These two extremes are known a Zos (consciousness) and Kia (unconsciousness) in many modern occult circles, and this concept was most notably published by the Cult of the Golden Dawn.
In yoga they are known as Ha (sun) and Tha(moon). In Bhudism we have Yin and Yang. Christianity seeks to separate these two forces and avoid evil, but as we can see from history---they can't.

#20    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

• " If there were no God, there would be no atheists "

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

Thats a good question. I wouldn't say God is evil, I would believe he is just. He never committed the first sin, Lucifer did, therefore, God is not evil, he has never sinned, he is always justified. Lucifer / Satan was sent to Hell for his sins, this not being evil, but a punishment for being the Father of evil. God created Lucifer, more then likely knowing of his actions, but Lucifer still had the choice, and he chose his fate. God did not force him to do evil, as he does not force us to sin as well.

Posted Image
"The worst moment for the athieist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank."
"Fiat  Lux"

#21    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:58 PM

In Bhudism we have Yin and Yang.

Correct. Black and white are representative of duality. What most people miss in the yin and yang, is that there is a white dot in the black portion, and a black dot in the white. Dualities within dualities.

God created Lucifer, more then likely knowing of his actions, but Lucifer still had the choice, and he chose his fate. God did not force him to do evil, as he does not force us to sin as well.

Correct, but God does create evil by his own admission. Apparently not everyone has free will.
CODE
(Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

I think God has to have all the qualities in order to create it. Because what God does, is learn of himself, since he was the only one from the beginning. Therefore, he has to have some sort of evil quality.

Posted Image

#22    I AAAM

I AAAM

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

• "I AM"! The Injector of Hope and Wisdom for this World!
    (Peace [in wisdom] be on earth and among all creatures)!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

sleepy.gif

Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!                      
www.cropcirclemessages.org Free Download's From 28/12/2005!

"Every one carves their own destiny!" Well unto those who understand this and act accordingly!

Make 2006 your greatest year ever, by developing the"I AM" within Yourself!

#23    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

Correct. Black and white are representative of duality. What most people miss in the yin and yang, is that there is a white dot in the black portion, and a black dot in the white. Dualities within dualities.
Correct, but God does create evil by his own admission. Apparently not everyone has free will.
CODE
(Isaiah 45:7, KJV) - "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

I think God has to have all the qualities in order to create it. Because what God does, is learn of himself, since he was the only one from the beginning. Therefore, he has to have some sort of evil quality.

I would assume God knows of evil, but I do not see God as being evil. Much like how I know of Egyptian Religion, but I do not follow it. God created everything that we know of, including the Prince of Darkness, so I would assume he has a vast understanding of what it is. Quite simply put, to dis-obey God is evil, so it's simple for him to justify good and bad. God punishes, he does not perform evil actions. It's almost a loop argument, because he did create lucifer, which gave birth to sin and dis-obey, which therefore created evil. So to say God created evil, Im sure he had a minor part. Metaphorically, it's like a car manufactuer saying they caused the accident, they created the car, that caused the accident, but are they held for the blame ?, no.

Posted Image
"The worst moment for the athieist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank."
"Fiat  Lux"

#24    hyperactive

hyperactive

abu gaia

• 5,691 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

sleepy.gif

i second that.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is simple - teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep - awaken him.
He who knows and knows that he knows, he is wise - follow him. "
Arabia

#25    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:04 PM

So to say God created evil, Im sure he had a minor part.

According to the quote in Isaiah, God does directly create evil.
You create based on what you know. So it has to be a part of you, in my opinion.
And thank you, I AAAM for your intelligent response.

Edited by Yelekiah, 12 November 2005 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image

#26    Azalin

Azalin

Psychic Spy

• 1,508 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

According to the quote in Isaiah, God does directly create evil.
You create based on what you know. So it has to be a part of you, in my opinion.
And thank you, I AAAM for your intelligent response.

I agree, and it's a tough quote from Isaiah. Perhaps he is talking about his creation of evil through Lucifer, or perhaps he is indicating he can in fact create evil, and is saying this as proof of his ultimate power. God would obviously know a fair bit about evil, hence why he made his commandments, he wanted us all to be good. His creation of Lucifer will never fully be justified. Whether he made him as a trial for all of us, to seperate the good or the bad, or whether it truly is a power struggle, a bet between 2 powerful beings, treating us all as chess peices, just to see who has the most influence.

In the end, I do agree Yelekiah, that God must of had a vast knowledge of evil, but why he created it in Lucifer is beyond me.

Posted Image
"Fiat  Lux"

#27    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

God would obviously know a fair bit about evil, hence why he made his commandments
In the end, I do agree Yelekiah, that God must of had a vast knowledge of evil, but why he created it in Lucifer is beyond me.

You have a good point.

Posted Image

#28    mklsgl

mklsgl

just me

• 3,153 posts

• They're selling postcards of the hanging
    They're painting the passports brown
    The beauty parlor's filled with sailors
    The circus is in town

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

Voted "Other" for all 3.

Everything influences me. Regardless of whether or not I recognize the particular influence(s), undoubtedly to some certain degree All Things have had, currently have, and will always have affect/effect upon me. (All Things, to me, means the culmination of that which comprises life, death, [G-d], the Universe, Nature, consciousness, dreams, imaginations, History, fiction, the Known and the Unknown, etc.,--”all things.”) To deny this would be absurd. I am as you are as everyone is, the result of every movement, every choice, every idea, every chemical reaction--All Things--that have occurred leading up to this very moment. And it doesn’t stop here, now; to the contrary, I am changing, redefining, reinventing, re-identifying myself as I write this.
All Things is a concept that I ascribe to, sort of my religion--if you will. Someone once said to me “if something defies description, let it” but I’ll try to elucidate All Things as best I can. All Things is literally all things, the connectivity of every atom, every particle of matter, every thought--everything that is contained in the Universe, to each other. When I write, or when I’m thinking, it is the resultant culmination of connecting and relating bits and pieces of All Things--that which I’ve seen before and now see, heard before and now hear, felt before and now feel, tasted before and now taste, smelled before and now smell--and it doesn’t need to be a conscious cognition because that would limit All Things.

Grateful Dead; July, 31, 1982 @ Manor Downs, Manor, TX
"Yes it's 'T' For Texas"
Be Here Now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users