Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paleobiology Database

Startraveler

I notice this forum looks to be almost exclusively focused on dinosaurs but of course there's a great deal more to paleontology than just dinosaurs. So anyone who's also excited by the prospect of drawing brachiopod and bryozoan diversity curves through the Phanerozoic or of mapping fossil distributions (or indeed anybody who just likes data) might enjoy The Paleobiology Database, a collection of data put forth and run by paleontologists from around the world. There's enough there to keep you busy for quite a while, if you're into that sort of thing. Just a heads up.

Just out of curiosity, are any of you into invertebrate paleontology?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• redhen

• FrothyDog

• Startraveler

Very good link...Thankyee, I'll bookmark it.

Just out of curiosity, are any of you into invertebrate paleontology

A little...my knowledge on inverts is limited although.

i think invertebrates are massively cool. especially arthropods. that link rocks, btw.

Thanks for the link, looks like good reference material. I would go out and do some fossil hunting here in the Phoenix area where I live, but it's 100 degrees at 8 in the morning here right now.

:o

Better watch out for rattler;s..You have western pacifics and mohave's there...some of the most dangerous rattlers in the U.S. Just respect them and stay away.

• 3 months later...

Thanks that looks great :)

I deal mostly with vertebrate fossils but that's not to say that I'm interested exclusively in them.