Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Met God in my dreams

ranrod

First of all, he was dark brown with peculiar looking hair (not straight).

I asked, "Where did you come from?" I was surprised I came up with such a good question in my dream.

Me and him instantly transported to millions of years ago. The world looked like a paradise.

Then he said, "I don't know. I came to be here, at this time"

I was flabbergasted by the response. I thought that if he doesn't know, that opens a whole new can of worms.

Any ideas if it means something, or is it just random? It sounds so interesting to me that the God that communicated with us since our creation actually doesn't know everything. Not even where he came from.

Sounds like a random dream. I had a dream once where two of my friends were sumo fighting in my computer room. I ask them what the devil they were doing and they told me creation of the universe.

• Like 5

Sounds like a random dream. I had a dream once where two of my friends were sumo fighting in my computer room. I ask them what the devil they were doing and they told me creation of the universe.

LOL! That's a better religion than mine by far!

That honestly made me laugh out loud! Now I'm hoping others have other examples of their own along the same lines. Please share!

does it have to do with creation of the universe? or can i just share a dream? if the latter thn i had this one where i was running with raptors in the desert and i notice there was a red sun so i stopped and touched the ground to see if it was a dream then i woke up or just dont remember the rest.

Intresting/impressive dream construction..ButThere's nothing out of God's knowledge..its infinite,And God is not human ..He created them..and i think he is much more great than to be a humanic..Sounds like this thread is going to religion forum...Bwt no doubt,that your subconcious is so cute..

and @Solaries..L o L.you r really funny..:D .cheers

Another one I've had involved a semi-truck. I was driving it down the road and it had these massive combine on the front of it, that things that collected up barley or what have you. I was collecting up zombies, and I kinda knew it was a dream cause I had no idea why I was doing this. I get up from my seat (apparently this thing had magical cruise control cause it continued all on it's own, turning and everything), there was Satan! It was the one that's all red with a trident, and he was laughing it up. 'What's going on!?' I asked. 'You're my AntiChrist!' He cried out. Then he handed me one hundred dollars. 'My paycheck?' I asked. 'You're hourly wage,' He answered. 'I'll get back in the seat,' I said happily.

• Like 1

First of all, he was dark brown with peculiar looking hair (not straight).

I asked, "Where did you come from?" I was surprised I came up with such a good question in my dream.

Me and him instantly transported to millions of years ago. The world looked like a paradise.

Then he said, "I don't know. I came to be here, at this time"

I was flabbergasted by the response. I thought that if he doesn't know, that opens a whole new can of worms.

Any ideas if it means something, or is it just random? It sounds so interesting to me that the God that communicated with us since our creation actually doesn't know everything. Not even where he came from.

An eternal god couldn't possibly know where it comes from. When I met god it was an ocean... But it wasn't a dream ;)

• Like 1

Another one I've had involved a semi-truck. I was driving it down the road and it had these massive combine on the front of it, that things that collected up barley or what have you. I was collecting up zombies, and I kinda knew it was a dream cause I had no idea why I was doing this. I get up from my seat (apparently this thing had magical cruise control cause it continued all on it's own, turning and everything), there was Satan! It was the one that's all red with a trident, and he was laughing it up. 'What's going on!?' I asked. 'You're my AntiChrist!' He cried out. Then he handed me one hundred dollars. 'My paycheck?' I asked. 'You're hourly wage,' He answered. 'I'll get back in the seat,' I said happily.

In my opinion.Guys,i am almost sure that this above said dream is in eitherway partially or completely fake/ a lie.But the person has got amazing writing skills.

In my opinion.Guys,i am almost sure that this above said dream is in eitherway partially or completely fake/ a lie.But the person has got amazing writing skills.

So, you mean dreams cannot be weird?

The reason,if i make clear,that no human on earth can remember any exact dialogues that is said in a dream,even if they are lucid.

Even when we write dream journals we will lose track of them in a couple of seconds.

@prototype guy - I remember a dream where I met my dad. He passed away in 1995. But I saw this dream much later. I was going through a very tough time in my life. It was when I was in college. I clearly remember my dad hugging me and saying that everything's gonna be just fine and that I should just trust my life. I even remember his smell, the sound of his voice, his exact words, I felt him holding me like when I was a little boy. I don't think it's impossible to remember details that may seem weird to a person or which can mean something, even if it's just a dream.

Edited by dlonewolf85
  • Like 1

You maybe right.strong moments like that can stay forever..But i am not agreed about words of a conversation.its a theory,found during dream journal expiriment,thats why they are saying to write whatever words we remember first..But yes,for example,if its "Hai,how ya doing?"or just a usual "hai" in dream, then sure we can remember that..But What about new/odd words? That it they're stored in shortest term memory of the brain..And will be forgetten within mere cycles..But still,you got a point,its not impossible..but it is ,most likely for a normal person who dont practice dream journaling for years and have years of dream yoga,lucid dream expirience..In short one has to be diffrent and really clever than a human.

Edited by prototype guy

Proto, you remind me of a song my mom used to sing when I was a kid:

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you, party pooper....

A dream from the mid 80's(I was in my early 20's):

I was flying high and fast, through the air, seated on a flying disc that safely drove me overseas in a matter of seconds, to an ancient stadium filled with people from all over the world. My flying disc circled over each section as I heard a loudspeaker in each sections native tongue until it found the English section and lowered me into the stands.

I focused on the one speaking at the center ground of the stadium. A man holding a malnourished infant was accusing the world of child neglect, and demanding that everyone with an abundance of food to give to those without. [Edit: I interpreted the old man to be God.]

Within a week of that dream Bob Geldof announced plans for the Live Aid concerts.

I hadn't heard any news of this before the dream, but I did always sleep with my radio on the rock stations all night.

It's possible I heard the first reports of plans for a charity concert in my sleep. [Edit: I admit to the possible mixup off which came first. I was more than familiar with mind altering substances.{September 2012}]

Seems to make sense that I incorporated it into my dream the more I think about it,

but back then I thought I was given a glimpse into the spiritual realm.

So yeah, I didn't get to meet Him but my seat was awesome!

*Post Removed*

Strangely, I think I know what you mean and I agree. I met the devil once, not in my dreams but in actual person (I often refer to that meeting as 'The Incident'). It came to me in the form of my girlfriend's mom (well, she became my ex-girl ever since). And I never had any temptation for her ever again in my life... I guess I got cured!

Edited by Still Waters
Removed quoted post - spammer

ranrod

That's one way of looking at it. But this is the dreams board, not theology :) .

You've dreamt a classic Jungian God-archetype dream. Yes, you did ask a good question, and you got a very Jungian answer. That was the emergence of consciousness you went to. Whether that's your personal consciousness, the species' consciousness, some ancestral consciousness... that'd be a good question, too :) .

I think more happened in the dream than you said. You should write it all down, draw it if you draw, write a song about it if you write songs, whatever. If you posted the rest of it, then the comments could be more extensive and focused on the actual dream you had.

Well dreamt.

Never met God that I know of in a dream, but a recurring character in my dream is a companion of mine. He only exists in my dreams, and all I can ever remember of him (besides being the same person I keep being in the company of) is that he is similar to me, but someone else.

I think he's a different side of me. He helps me, and has wisdom and insight in my dreams. He's a good friend. Has saved my butt multiple times.

i never remember my dreams :( they always fade away in the morning

If you get up and write them down right as you wake and think about them, you get to keep them forever before they fade (which can happen so fast). But sometimes it is a struggle to get up when you're in that sleepy morning. But if you recall them enough to know they faded away, you can time getting up and writing it down when you remember them.