Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreaming Awake?

Oni Kariudo

I was taking a little nap after lunch on monday, and i woke up an hour later, that im sure of, but i was still sleepy and i continued to lay there.

Then i dont know if i went back to sleep or was still awake, either way i was dreaming, and if i was asleep everything around me would have made indication that i did, cause my room was exactly the same, and i was in the same orientation on my bed looking the same way between when i was awake, dreaming and awake again

anywho....

when i started dreaming again i felt something crawl up on the bed above my head, then it came in contact with my hand which was streched above my head. Well it was furry like it was a cat or somehting (we have no pets) so i tried to grab it, then i felt it was my roommate (i didnt move my head or anything, i was kinda freaked out, so i couldnt see, I just grasped my hand into a death grip), then it felt like something was walking around again, but i decided to pull myself around and face it head on. As i tried to turn around the movement stopped but my heart was pounding so hard agaist the bed i could feel the beat in other parts. I guess that was what i felt moving.

When i did sit up it was like waking up from a bad dream aburtly.

So i dont know if i was awake or asleep or somewhere in between.

something like this ever happen to someone before?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oni Kariudo

• doomgirl

• Tia

• Lethe

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A dream within a dream. There's a scene in American werewolve in London, where the main character is dreaming about killing a deer and he wakes up in hospital . The nurse walks in and goes over to the window to open the curtain ande a creature jumps at her when she opens them. The main character then wakes up again, for real this time. His hospital room and surrounds were exactly the same in both dream and real life. Is this what you mean?

I seem to be replying to a lot of ' dream related ' threads, I must be still tired.

This sounds like sleep paralysis. I get it every day when I have a nap, which I tend to, as I never sleep well at night. You can ' see ' where you are, the angle of the sunlight, in your room, hear children outside, the t.v. on, etc, but your body is still motionless in sleep. I've seen a doctor about this, as for me, this all started when on a particular anti-depresant drug.

For instance, I ' know ' my b/f is downstairs on the XBox and I can hear what he's playing, but other elements will enter my ' reality '. some-one walking up the stairs and attacking me, being pulled out of bed, my parents coming in and talking to the b/f. It's as if reality and dreams meld together for a moment and seem incredibly real. I live with it now, as I think the drug has done something to that area of my brain ( my doctor agreed this might be the case) and it might never revert. It can be very alarming, as I ' know ' I am asleep and struggle to wake up, think I have, only to ' realise ' I am still asleep and trying to wake all over again, and it can take a few attempts before I do, and I often come to full awakening with my heart pounding from the effort. It's an odd sort of thing, which I only experienced a few times prior to the anti d's, but I'm now accustomed to it. sad.gif

Edited by Lethe

I think that you were Probably dreaming within a dream, sort like what tia said. I have had several dreams like that, including one where I knew that I was dreaming, so I had found this "fairy" that could make me wake up, which i did. I have had this dream in particular several times in one night.