Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russian warships gathering off Syria waters

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#121    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostI believe you, on 12 January 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Sounds like a movie.
It did sound like a movie.   Even if I can entertain the idea, when Assad's canton gets surrounded like he just described, he's as good as done.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#122    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,375 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostI believe you, on 12 January 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Except not everyone feels Russia is our enemy or that our leader is weak.

And in case you forgot again the Cold War is over. The 80s texted and want their paranoia back.

Sounds like a movie.

Anyways the only solution for Syria is dialogue.

The era of conflict with winners and losers is rapidly coming to an end. The century of compromise is before us which will lead into a millennium of harmony.

See, if we have to offer fantasy in this thread it is better to be positive  about it in any case.
Your humor isn't appreciated.  If you disagree with an assessment can you at least be adult enough to explain it without the sarcasm - or is that not possible with you?  This display on your part seems to be a trend.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#123    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,375 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostYamato, on 12 January 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

It did sound like a movie.   Even if I can entertain the idea, when Assad's canton gets surrounded like he just described, he's as good as done.
First of all I think it's quite possible as long as Russia feeds and arms him.  Second, don't be so quick to assume the rebels would rush headlong into annihilation against chemical tipped scuds.  It's a nasty way to die and once Assad is facing his own death I don't think he'd become PC about using this poison.  He has shown ABUNDANTLY that he will do anything to maintain his power.

#124    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

View Postand then, on 12 January 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

First of all I think it's quite possible as long as Russia feeds and arms him.  Second, don't be so quick to assume the rebels would rush headlong into annihilation against chemical tipped scuds.  It's a nasty way to die and once Assad is facing his own death I don't think he'd become PC about using this poison.  He has shown ABUNDANTLY that he will do anything to maintain his power.
I'm taking these Russian ships about as seriously as anyone.  I must have asked almost a year ago if there were Russian ships sailing into Syrian ports because that's the kind of activity that could neutralize whatever minor gains the rebels can muster and keep Assad invulnerable.  Resupply is crucial to fight on indefinitely.   The supply lines are everything in this conflict in the long run.  If you're surrounded in a canton, you're done.  If the rebels are constrained to pockets of resistance surrounded by government forces, they're done if they can't break out or be rescued from the outside.  Warfare is impossible without supplies; supplies are impossible without supply lines to move them.  Assad using chemicals isn't the game changer that running out of food and ammo will be.  Using chemical weapons would probably be the biggest mistake Assad makes in this conflict because what little political capital he has left would be spent.   He'd be vilified by the world even if he could still rule Syria from his bunker.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#125    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

The Russian "fleet" on it's way to crush FSA, start WWIII on any other fantasy garbage vomitted on this thread by know nothings. Here is frigate Yaroslav Mudry at Malta a few days back. While US sends carriers etc all around the world, invades some countries and engages in black ops in others, I will not listen to the selfrighteous garbage here. Russia has every right to protect it's own interests and citizens. The subheading to the thread is "To deter the west", what total fantasy, nothing but see through Russophobe propaganda. So, how many US/Nato ships in the area?, how many US carrier battle groups? yet here there is garbage about one Russian frigate and some landing and supply ships. Yet here not one word here against Saudi and Quatar. Smell of hypocracy very strong from west, as always.....
Posted Image

#126    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Uhhhh the Russians actually want the FSA to talk, they have never said that they want to remove the FSA. So it seems your leaders are smarter than you

#127    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

You have a problem with understanding sarcasm?, or is your comment, which shows no sign of any understanding of what I posted, simply some sort of spoiler in order to make it seem I have really said that Yaroslav Mudry is going to crush FSA. You should think before posting, otherwise what you say will be disregarded as troll like garbage

#128    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 January 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

You have a problem with understanding sarcasm?, or is your comment, which shows no sign of any understanding of what I posted, simply some sort of spoiler in order to make it seem I have really said that Yaroslav Mudry is going to crush FSA. You should think before posting, otherwise what you say will be disregarded as troll like garbage
So why did you post it?

#129    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Are you playing with a full deck of cards? or are you simply what I call a "soft" troll?

#130    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Are you playing with a full deck of cards? or are you simply what I call a "soft" troll?
Keep on topic please

#131    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,746 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 January 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Aten, calm down and talk to people. Don’t be like aunty Helen who sees trolls everywhere she looks :D

Yaroslav needs a coat of fresh paint, pronto. It looks stereotypically Russian rusty in that photo.
Yes, I’m teasing you a little, but I am aware the paint doesn’t influence the fire power.
I’m also aware Russia would send freighters instead of frigates if the ships were there to evacuate instead of deter someone, probably the West.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#132    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

@ Nixon fool
You are a troll, it is obvious. You have deliberatly misquoted me and tried to twist my post #125. This post was one of the few here that is actually on topic, so now you try the ploy of your ridiculous statement that I should keep on topic. Anybody reading this thread will see you for what you are, and will disregard your deliberate distruptive and time waisting tactics. Not wanting to be banned prevents me from saying what I really want to about you. Go to hell, I respond no more.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 12 January 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#133    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,073 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 January 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

@ Nixon fool
You are a troll, it is obvious. You have deliberatly misquoted me and tried to twist my post #125. This post was one of the few here that is actually on topic, so now you try the ploy of your ridiculous statement that I should keep on topic. Anybody reading this thread will see you for what you are, and will disregard your deliberate distruptive and time waisting tactics. Not wanting to be banned prevents me from saying what I really want to about you. Go to hell, I respond no more.
You need to calm down, i have not misquoted anything. All i said was the Russians want the FSA to talk.

#134    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,375 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 12 January 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

The Russian "fleet" on it's way to crush FSA, start WWIII on any other fantasy garbage vomitted on this thread by know nothings. Here is frigate Yaroslav Mudry at Malta a few days back. While US sends carriers etc all around the world, invades some countries and engages in black ops in others, I will not listen to the selfrighteous garbage here. Russia has every right to protect it's own interests and citizens. The subheading to the thread is "To deter the west", what total fantasy, nothing but see through Russophobe propaganda. So, how many US/Nato ships in the area?, how many US carrier battle groups? yet here there is garbage about one Russian frigate and some landing and supply ships. Yet here not one word here against Saudi and Quatar. Smell of hypocracy very strong from west, as always.....
Posted Image
Aten I don't think anyone here really views Russian ships in an ally's port as a threat to the west.  The real threat would come from the eventual dissolution of Assad's forces and he resorting to wmd for "survival".  If Russia continues to support him no matter what, then it may come to this.  And if Russian forces  - no matter how small a unit - were to accidentally come under fire when the west responds to a Syrian chem/bio attack then all hell could break loose, don't you agree?  It could be construed as the west attacking Russian forces intentionally.  And I think Putin might just get his dander up too much over that.  With as many nukes as the east and west still have on a short launch window it is well to keep such threats at bay.

#135    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,118 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 12 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Aten, calm down and talk to people. Don’t be like aunty Helen who sees trolls everywhere she looks :D

Yaroslav needs a coat of fresh paint, pronto. It looks stereotypically Russian rusty in that photo.
Yes, I’m teasing you a little, but I am aware the paint doesn’t influence the fire power.
I’m also aware Russia would send freighters instead of frigates if the ships were there to evacuate instead of deter someone, probably the West.
but that's the only warship they have sent. The others are landing ships, which, unless they're there to put troops on the ground to deter intervention, are exactly what you'd use to evacuate people, and one friggate, which could do with a paint job, is not going to be likely to deter the Armed Might of the U.S. ™.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users