Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Did God vote for Obama?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 11 November 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

its okay obama will be the last president of the USA anyway

And why is that then?..World going to end...again ?  

isnt it ironic? the first president freed the slaves and now the last president  is a black guy lol                      

The first US president freed the slaves...so  George Washington freed them? ..There was me thinking it was Abraham Lincolon ?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#32    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,893 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 November 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

And why is that then?..World going to end...again ?  

The first US president freed the slaves...so  George Washington freed them? ..There was me thinking it was Abraham Lincolon ?
It was Abraham Lincoln who signed the Emancipation Proclamation that freed all the slaves BM. But it is also true that Washington personally freed his, only asking them to stay until after Martha's death to take care of her, which they did. So in a roundabout way, he was ahead of his time. lol

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#33    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,142 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

which bit could refer to sarcasm, a joke or seriousness?

I think this has already been debated, but not concluded.

Obama controlling the weather to win the election. Serious? Sarcasm? Joke? Delusion?

Edited by Beany, 11 November 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#34    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old ! seek what they sought . FREEDOM ! o_O   sweet dreams ..

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

View Postsusieice, on 11 November 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

It was Abraham Lincoln who signed the Emancipation Proclamation that freed all the slaves BM. But it is also true that Washington personally freed his, only asking them to stay until after Martha's death to take care of her, which they did. So in a roundabout way, he was ahead of his time. lol

He freed his own personal slaves.. He was not the first president to free all of the slaves..  Abraham Lincoln  helped free the slaves..He introduced the 13th Amendment..This kicked in and took effect  months after Lincoln  was assassinated

#36    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostBeany, on 11 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Obama controlling the weather to win the election. Serious? Sarcasm? Joke? Delusion?

If they are serious claiming  Obama did control the weather to win the election.. then I would say, they were seriously delusional

On the other hand, if it was a joke..I would say in return  - Yea sure Obama  stood out on the white house lawn, and preformed a storm dance

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#37    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,893 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

He freed his own personal slaves.. He was not the first president to free all of the slaves..  Abraham Lincoln  helped free the slaves..He introduced the 13th Amendment..This kicked in and took effect  months after Lincoln  was assassinated
Right
http://en.wikipedia....on_Proclamation

Edited by susieice, 12 November 2012 - 01:45 AM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#38    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I'd vote for Escape From New York era Kurt Russell, no mazes of semantics, no suits, no empty promises, no dithering about, no problems!  :whistle:

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#39    Magicjax

Magicjax

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

True. I just think people think he "caused" all the problems. When in reality most of the ones people seem to blame him for happened before him. Like Clinton said. No president in history could have cleaned up the mess we where in when he took office in only 4 years. In my opinion he's focusing on a long term fix even if the pill is a little harder to swallow than the short term band aid Romney seemed to plan on using.

But getting back to my OP. I don't care if or what religion my president is. But I do care if they put that in its proper place when it comes to decision making for a country that made of many religions. Bush did this to some degree. Just watch him answer questions about stem cell research. IMO He didn't know the science. Just what some religious peddlers say about it. This, in my mind anyway is especially scary in religions like morman and Scientology.

Man in suit!

Posted Image

#40    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Having read the Bible, I'd say God is clearly a hardcore "my way or the smite-way" conservative so he would vote Republican. Jesus was the rebellious liberal son so he would vote Democrat. The Holy Spirit voted Libertarian so weed would be legal. Satan voted for Roseanne Barr.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#41    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,730 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostMagicjax, on 11 November 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

I much rather have a president that's consistent over the flip flop alternative.
This may be wandering from speculation about God, but is that really a virtue? Might it not be better in a Politician to be willing to admit that ideas that thety may have held before might not have worked as well as they'd hoped, and be willing to try something new? Isn't adaptability a virtue? I really don't udnerstand why admitting that it may be time to try something new is dismessed as Flip Flopping.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#42    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,730 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostBeany, on 11 November 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

that's correct! :innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#43    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,695 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 11 November 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

its okay obama will be the last president of the USA anyway :D    isnt it ironic? the first president freed the slaves and now the last president  is a black guy lol

GOD Really Exist !

Ehhhhh? Got your history a little mixed up there. it was Abe Lincoln. He was not the first president of the USA.  Grorge washington eas the first president, And I believe he was a slave owner.

Edited by Seeker79, 12 November 2012 - 10:52 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#44    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

My senior year in public high school coincided with the 1984 election. Our local elections had several candidates who were completely unqualified and only ran to spread the word of Jesus through the Election Guide. Their pages were full of capitals, bold face and exclamation points saying things that you would normally hear from street preachers.

One of the Jesus freaks at school got into a screaming match with a bunch of students over one of these non-candidates, ending with "God will decide who will be the next County Director of Soil and Water Conservation! [or whatever it was]"

Someone said, "He will? God doesn't believe in democracy! He's a mother****ing Commie!"

And the laughter from (almost) everyone ended that discussion.

#45    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

With all these dead and fictitious people voting for O; I am quite that that God, Zeus, Belzeboob and Micky Mouse were too.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users