Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO flies into Mexico's Popocatepetl volcano

popocatepetl volcano ufo mexico

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

The wind forces surrounding a high land mass/structure and the forces of nature that exhibit gasses emanating from these high land masses explain why we are seeing these sights.The laws of physics & natural surroundings explain why we see these occurrances.

Edited by GirlfromOz, 04 June 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#32    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 June 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

At least the next time a vid comes along of a ufo going in the volcano,  (and they will), you can cry BS - knowing theres no place for anything to actually go into!

what about unstructured plasmas?

There are numerous verified accounts of ball lightning contacting a commercial aircraft in flight and somehow finding its way inside the passenger and crew compartment(s), sometimes to exit silently at some point or other times to explode with a loud clap. How the plasma enters the fully enclosed volume has never been explained but it does! - http://www.nicap.org...rs/92apsiee.htm

#33    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostMac E, on 04 June 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

The article's explaination makes sense that it's a commercial aircraft.  You never see the craft enter into the volcano, it fades just before it hits.

and there is an airport just behind it too, well, not 'just', but close enough

(Reuters) - Flights to and from the airport of Puebla, a major city southeast of Mexico City, were halted on Wednesday morning as ash from the nearby Popocatepetl volcano covered the runway, a state government official said.

"It'll be closed until further notice," said Irving Gonzalez, a spokesman from the state government.

http://www.reuters.c...E9470XL20130508

eta source!

Edited by seeder, 04 June 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#34    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 04 June 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

what about unstructured plasmas?

There are numerous verified accounts of ball lightning contacting a commercial aircraft in flight and somehow finding its way inside the passenger and crew compartment(s), sometimes to exit silently at some point or other times to explode with a loud clap. How the plasma enters the fully enclosed volume has never been explained but it does! - http://www.nicap.org...rs/92apsiee.htm

nice link, thanks Mcrom.

any idea as to how these where determined to be 'ball lightening'?

#35    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

heres a vid from February, again, notice the object approaches from the right

So, its just a flight path. But I do think as the OP vid has tampering, ie, time stamp removed,  that the thing that seems to curve round while flying 'may' have been added in, as like I say, the volcano is full up, nowhere for anything to fly down to. Or a chopper even

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#36    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postquillius, on 04 June 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

nice link, thanks Mcrom.

any idea as to how these where determined to be 'ball lightening'?

hiya quillius.. that was part of the discussion in the paper re klass' suggestion, nothing definitive, will have to look further... but imo, we're still uncovering the workings of plasmas, therefore to use incomplete science to refute a hypothesis doesn't sound logical to me i.e. on haines' part

eta...

i used the above quote in response to seeder re solid objects entering closed spaces.... here's another similar example...

People claim to have seen ball lightning entering a house through a closed glass window, yet subsequent examination of the window reveals no damage or even discolouration of the glass.

http://theconversati...rth-is-it-10419

Edited by mcrom901, 04 June 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#37    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 04 June 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

hiya quillius.. that was part of the discussion in the paper re klass' suggestion, nothing definitive, will have to look further... but imo, we're still uncovering the workings of plasmas, therefore to use incomplete science to refute a hypothesis doesn't sound logical to me i.e. on haines' part

Hello mate, ok will have a good read tonight....and yes I agree we cant use incomplete science to refute a hypothesis but at the same time we cant use it to confirm the same.

There are numerous verified accounts of ball lightning contacting a commercial aircraft in flight and somehow finding its way inside the passenger and crew compartment(s), sometimes to exit silently at some point or other times to explode with a loud clap. How the plasma enters the fully enclosed volume has never been explained but it does! -

this comment sounded quite definitive hence the question.

#38    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

ufos seem to frequent this volcano, maybe they can install some equipment there to record the activities? without data it's hard to reach any conclusions...

Much better results have been obtained more recently by the SOSO camera (SOSO Live Camera, website),
which is presently monitoring all the time the sky from a location close to Bologna, Italy. In the specific case
of SOSO, which so far is able to capture atmospheric sprites and bolides, what is acquired by the video
camera is quite easily recognizable. A similar approach is presently used by a monitoring station in the Marfa
area in Texas (Marfa Lights Research, website), which anyway is also devoted to videoing ascertained
anomalous light phenomena occurring very recurrently in the area. Light phenomena of anomalous nature
may not be recognizable as such if simple “light balls” are captured at night time by a video camera. Light
phenomena of such an unstructured nature might be in some circumstance mistaken for airplanes turning
and/or landing, helicopters or even “Chinese lanterns”, unless characteristic erratic features of motion are
recorded (this is sometimes, but not always, a typical signature of earthlights). Several signatures are
necessary in order to recognize an earthlight that appears in a video and a quite strict screening is often
necessary in order to exclude ordinary causes (Project Hessdalen, website). Anyway the performance shown
(also in terms of efficiency, including some triangulation efforts) by the SOSO system seems to be presently
superior to the one shown by the standard Hessdalen station, so that a possible implementation of the SOSO
camera in Hessdalen and other interesting areas is highly recommended if money funding will allow this in
the near future.

http://www.itacomm.n...9_teodorani.pdf

#39    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postquillius, on 04 June 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Hello mate, ok will have a good read tonight....and yes I agree we cant use incomplete science to refute a hypothesis but at the same time we cant use it to confirm the same.

i don't necessarily agree with that, what i meant was re the mechanisms behind the observation - our ability to explain them fully... for example: we know that gravity is real but we can't explain it fully

View Postquillius, on 04 June 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

this comment sounded quite definitive hence the question.

yeah, i know what you mean, but if you read the paper... haines is trying to use those examples to refute the plasma hypothesis... your question was valid, as i said i just wanted to highlight the examples... check my edit above... :tu:

Edited by mcrom901, 04 June 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#40    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 04 June 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

maybe they can install some equipment there to record the activities? without data it's hard to reach any conclusions...

The volcano already has 3 dedicated, permanent cameras filming 24/7, and have done for years

And incidentally, Ive discussed this volcano and the images many times on other forums, no matter what is seen and posted, its only over captured from one view, which is odd as the cams surround the volcano, literally. So my money is on bugs on the lens for daytime 'ufo' shots, and planes for night-time shots, (or added hoax images) . One thing we cannot percieve with webcams very well is distances from the objects to the actual volcano

heres the 3 views, starting with the main view that everyone seems to see stuff on!

1: http://www.cenapred....genVolcanI.html

2: http://www.cenapred....poTlamacas.html

3: http://www.cenapred....ImgPopoSur.html

and the Mexican news reporting it? Tourism is always great!!

Edited by seeder, 04 June 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#41    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

The volcano already has 3 dedicated, permanent cameras filming 24/7, and have done for years

And incidentally, Ive discussed this volcano and the images many times on other forums, no matter what is seen and posted, its only over captured from one view, which is odd as the cams surround the volcano, literally. So my money is on bugs on the lens for daytime 'ufo' shots, and planes for night-time shots, (or added hoax images) . One thing we cannot percieve with webcams very well is distances from the objects to the actual volcano

heres the 3 views, starting with the main view that everyone seems to see stuff on!

1: http://www.cenapred....genVolcanI.html

2: http://www.cenapred....poTlamacas.html

3: http://www.cenapred....ImgPopoSur.html

and the Mexican news reporting it? Tourism is always great!!

i appreciate where you're coming from, but that still doesn't rule out uaps for me... check out persinger's work re tectonic stress theory...

http://en.wikipedia....arthquake_light

:tu:

#42    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

i don't necessarily agree with that, what i meant was re the mechanisms behind the observation - our ability to explain them fully... for example: we know that gravity is real but we can't explain it fully

sorry, to confirm, I was talking more about what is it that confirms these observations as 'plasma'?

View Postmcrom901, on 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

yeah, i know what you mean, but if you read the paper... haines is trying to use those examples to refute the plasma hypothesis... your question was valid, as i said i just wanted to highlight the examples... check my edit above... :tu:

ok

With regards to teh edit, I instantly have more questions...i..e what appears to be solid may indeed not be, how do we know they are solid? also when they are said to enter planes or houses, this would indicate they would have to have been observed from both outside and inside , otherwise how do we know where they originated...especially hard to do this in the plane one would imagine.

but rather than answer these (potentially) pointless questions let me read the paper and come back to you

#43    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I have seen other photos thru the years of this same thing...seems like more than a coincidence or a hoax....

#44    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have seen other photos thru the years of this same thing...seems like more than a coincidence or a hoax....

#45    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,182 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 04 June 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

i appreciate where you're coming from, but that still doesn't rule out uaps for me... check out persinger's work re tectonic stress theory...

http://en.wikipedia....arthquake_light

:tu:

Oh and Id agree too, 'anything' - other than UFO's diving into a volcano, which just happens to be solid rock and not hollow!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users