Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts of the past haunt tsunami survivors

Saru

The Japanese tsunami two years ago has left some so traumatized that they now believe they see ghosts.

The tsunami that engulfed northeastern Japan two years ago has left some survivors believing they are seeing ghosts. In a society wary of admitting to mental problems, many are turning to exorcists for help.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Yeah, I think it's more psychological trauma than "ghosts"

But who knows? I also believe in ghosts.

• Like 5

i don't buy into that,i don't buy into that that may be in some cases yeah without a doubt but it does not apply to all cases or etc!!!i personally don't reject this because it challenges my beliefs or etc it just does not make sense for all cases nor paranormal and supernatural case or out of the norm!!!i am not a science person and do not side with science or religion either but science is limited and works with theories and hypothesis i don't work with theories and hypothesis.science is based on theories and etc weak sauce to say the least and nicely too and really limited.let me tell you people something about science.science is powerful and useful but only in the 3rd dimensional realm and physical world.and science is just a baby it's still in its early stages and does not know all the answers and facts!!!Boom!!!!!!!!! take that science if science was so mighty and powerful and knew all the answers then they would't be working with theories and hypothesis those my fellow humanity and people theories and hypothesis can be challeged ha ha ha

Edited by Andromedan Starseed 333

science is limited and works within only the chances of probabilities and theories and etc.a least conventional and mainstream science does.what is the matter science and scientist what are you afraid of???

That was a horrific time for them and my heart breaks for each individual loss. The images we saw on TV barely convey the tragedy. I don't doubt for a second some people are seeing ghosts. Whether it's imagined or not hardly seems to matter...let the survivors deal with their losses the best way for them.

• Like 8

If a ghost is in the physical plane or mental, it's still a ghost. What is a ghost if not a memory?

• Like 6

i like how philosphy goes in the place of science.

Its quit possible they are seeing ghosts and also possible such a traumatic event has given them psychological problems.

• Like 1

repressed memories due to trauma resurfacing?

Edited by ancient astronaut

there would be a lot of unrested souls there. Some of them probably aren't even aware that they are dead. And that they are just in limbo. For sure they all need to be exorcised

• Like 1

there would be a lot of unrested souls there. Some of them probably aren't even aware that they are dead. And that they are just in limbo. For sure they all need to be exorcised

stories are just that. only thing that needs to be exorcised is that psychological trauma that has effected them.

• Like 1

It's messed up. 19,000 deaths altogether... that's not something you just forget about if you were in the thick of it.

Could have done without the silly dramatic talk from the 'exorcist' though:

Aizawa, 56, dressed in a black sweater and trousers and with dangling pearl earrings, said in an interview in her home that she had seen numerous ghosts.

"There are headless ghosts, and some missing hands or legs. Others are completely cut in half," she said. "People were killed in so many different ways during the disaster and they were left like that in limbo. So it takes a heavy toll on us, we see them as they were when they died."

But she fulfills an important role either way.

To All De-Bunkers and NB's (Non-Believers),

These people I mentioned above are so full of Bull Chips that it's over flowing out of their ears! I cannot believe they had the audacity, the sheer and utter Bells to say these poor people are all having mass hallucinations of Ghosts or mental projections of them due to the fear and distress the experience associated with the disaster.

Oh my dear Lord, I just want to smack this living spit out of these idiots! They just assume all people that see Ghosts or Paranormal are imagining it even if they have 3000 people sitting in front of them telling them what they saw and they still refuse to believe it. It probably all goes back to the "in my opinion" the incredibly stupid "Occums Razor" theory another bunch of bull chips man!

Come on man, open your eyes and ears, take a deep breath and slowly look around and face the facts that there are many things we do not know about, many, probably for good reason! But regardless many people just say I don't believe because it's so much easier then facing the truth and having to deal with a whole new set of unknowns. Most fear it will have a profound impact on their religious beliefs, but I have my very own theory, known as (Franks Epiphany), "What if everything we know is all wrong" think about that you stupid "Psychologists". Chew on that NB's!!

(Frank Fresh) L-Town, New Jersey

• Like 1

To Freshness,

Stop shouting and calm down. You believe it if you want to, and others don't. Lots of us have seen ghosts; some of us think they were ghosts, others of us think other things. You sound like you are the one with a closed mind.

• Like 6

Fresh, Ghost's can't be proven to exist so if people who have not had any experiences don't believe it's nothing to get mad about.

• Like 4

These people I mentioned above are so full of Bull Chips that it's over flowing out of their ears! I cannot believe they had the audacity, the sheer and utter Bells to say these poor people are all having mass hallucinations of Ghosts or mental projections of them due to the fear and distress the experience associated with the disaster.

Oh my dear Lord, I just want to smack this living spit out of these idiots! They just assume all people that see Ghosts or Paranormal are imagining it even if they have 3000 people sitting in front of them telling them what they saw and they still refuse to believe it. It probably all goes back to the "in my opinion" the incredibly stupid "Occums Razor" theory another bunch of bull chips man!

Come on man, open your eyes and ears, take a deep breath and slowly look around and face the facts that there are many things we do not know about, many, probably for good reason! But regardless many people just say I don't believe because it's so much easier then facing the truth and having to deal with a whole new set of unknowns. Most fear it will have a profound impact on their religious beliefs, but I have my very own theory, known as (Franks Epiphany), "What if everything we know is all wrong" think about that you stupid "Psychologists". Chew on that NB's!!

There is no doubt in my mind that the victims of the tsunami now have psychological issues. How could they not? They most definitely are suffering from varying degrees of PTSD.

Are they seeing ghosts?

I personally believe ghosts exist but, in this case it just doesn't matter. What matters is that the victims get the help they need in the form that helps them the most.

Seems like it would be harmful to try to talk someone in such a state out of believing in ghosts but, to each his own. Whatever helps is best.

Japan has the best ghost stories ...... simply the best

• Like 1

the West really needs a new category called 'non-science' me thinks

not just 'nonsense' just because science comes up short

• Like 1

Japan is haunted to begin with . I've had some very funky experiences there. There's a reason they make those hair crawling out of the tv kind of movies.

The sudden horrifying deaths of 1000s,usually leaves ghosts in its wake. No surprise here.

• Like 1

Deep breath .....youve been on this board longer than even I have . Dont get upset by debunkers . Everyones sensitivity curve is very different.

If they don't believe,they just dont. Talk to like minded peeps ,and know we are also here .

We've all had "funky" experiences. What you make of them is a good sign of how rational you are.

Japanese amongst themselves believe in ghosts and have coined their own word for a soul that has not crossed over--yurei. However, I'm sure they also have their non-believers as well. The most popular hauntings are centered around World War II. Some examples of supposed hauntings in Japan are found below.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki

It should come as no surprise that these two sites of such terrible tragedy are haunted by the unfortunate souls who perished during the nuclear bomb attacks at the end of World War II.

Ghostly voices are heard at twilight crying and screaming for help.

Okinawa: Camp Hansen- Gate #3

After darkness falls, every weekend a soldier with blood all over his World War II fatigues and a cigarette in his hand would ask the gate guard: “Gotta light?” The MP would oblige and as soon the cigarette was lit, the soldier would disappear.Whether you believe this or not, gate #3 at Camp Hansen is closed because of this reported haunting

Yokohama: Ikego-The Middle Gate

The Middle Gate marks the spot where a concentration camp from the World War II era once stood. Here, thousands of Chinese and Korean people were put to work and then killed by the Japanese army. Today it serves as a U.S. military housing base.

There are five incinerators on the premises and three gates that separate it from the Japanese community. At the middle gate, patrol guards have reported hearing voices and footsteps, and have described the feeling of being watched by unseen eyes.

One recurring vision concerns a Japanese soldier from World War II in a brown uniform with no legs floating between the middle and back gates.

These incidents are part of a much bigger picture, as there are many more haunted spots in Japan. Most but not all date back to the era of World War II.

If you plan a visit to one of these spooky places, whatever you do, don’t go alone!

Edited by Scorpius
  • Like 4

We've all had "funky" experiences. What you make of them is a good sign of how rational you are.

This from the Vietnamese guy named "Frank Merton" .yah. Well one of these experiences occured with two other people ,whi also saw and heard the same things.

One is now a hairdresser to the stars in LA .Married,no psych history . One is a translator for the American embassy in Tokyo ,and me with my numerous talents,and again,no psych history .

May I say ,lol .