Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

10 Startling Predictions Of Edgar Cayce

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,656 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Purifier, on 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

What about the medical diagnosis and cures, how did he pull that off? That's what I can't figure out. Anybody ever figure out his trick?

Most of the cures were old fashion remedies.:)

#17    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Greater portion of Europe changing in a twinkle of a eye is Europe changing their way of thinking. He also left it open for the rest of eternity in a way.

If Atlantis will be found near Bimini and the records of Atlantis will be open to those that are the spiritual initiates of the knowledge of one God contradicts itself some. That's saying were going to find basically nothing that says it's Atlantis. Where's Plato and I assume others come into this? The whole idea of Bimini road as it stands now in my opinion is just a clue to our Universes existence.

A city of Gold to be found in the Gobi desert appears possible at first thought. China keeps a lot of things to themselves and keeps people out. I'd say it's Cayces opinion or idea of what a City of Gold is. I don't know yet. Sure, it could be false. I personally like the idea of Michael Crichtons lost city of Zinj that Tim Curry has looked for his entire life.

I believe New York City and its East coast can disappear as in changing almost every type of building and road(civilization). The water level rose recently and lost a milimeter hence it disappeared. Also a bunch of nuclear bombs can hit the place. It's not going to happen.

Americas West coast will be destroyed maybe in a way by hurricanes, tsuamis, volcanoes and earthquakes and humans ourselves. Also by nuclear weapons(are stupid - that's a entirely new discussion).

Doesn't the Great Lakes already empty into the Mississippi then to the Gulf of Mexico river in a way already and for a long time?

We discovered enough already to explain what Cayce said at #10.

As to the shifting of poles and everything else that happens after, as time would explain to me, it's possible.

Edited by kampz, 05 January 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#18    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

"He was mostly known for his medical readings"

In some circles he's mostly known for missing the Second World War. Entirely.

#19    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

PersonFromPorlock, on 05 January 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

In some circles he's mostly known for missing the Second World War. Entirely.

lol

Edited by kampz, 05 January 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#20    Winter Summer

Winter Summer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

• You're not where you left yourself.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Quote" Doesn't the Great Lakes already empty into the Mississippi then to the Gulf of Mexico river in a way already and for a long time?"

Most of the emptying of the Great Lakes is via the St Lawrence Seaway straight to the northern Atlantic.

Silence often says much more
Than trying to say what's been said before.

#21    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,016 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

docyabut2, on 05 January 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Most of the cures were old fashion remedies. :)

Yeah, some of his recommendations were, but some of it was way the hell out there in bizzaro world and they supposedly worked. Most critics call it pure quackery in alternative medicine. As bizarre as some of his methods were, I just don't understand how these unheard of methods could of healed people. Unless all of his clients were lying or every one of them had the placebo effect take place, which is really a long shot with that many clients; over more than a thousand from what I read.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#22    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

I predict I'll be long dead and gone before number 10 happens... :(

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#23    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Purifier, on 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

What about the medical diagnosis and cures, how did he pull that off? That's what I can't figure out. Anybody ever figure out his trick?

He didn't.

He always had a medical doctor with him.  In practically every "reading," he mentions at least five or six different anatomical systems in the human body.

If the person being "read" was later diagnosed, or died of, failure of one of these systems, the ARE counts it as a successful reading.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#24    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Harte, on 05 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

He didn't.

He always had a medical doctor with him.  In practically every "reading," he mentions at least five or six different anatomical systems in the human body.

If the person being "read" was later diagnosed, or died of, failure of one of these systems, the ARE counts it as a successful reading.

Harte

You beat me to it dammit. I was about to post that too. The ARE counts quite a bit as 'successful" and aren't shy of "helping" it to become true when needed.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#25    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,016 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

He didn't.

Harte

Aaah-Ha! Didn't know or think of that. It all makes sense now. Thanks Harte.

TheSearcher, on 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

You beat me to it dammit. I was about to post that too. The ARE counts quite a bit as 'successful" and aren't shy of "helping" it to become true when needed.

Slowpoke! That'll learn ya! I've seen turtles move faster than you. Get a fringin' move-on next time, fella.
(Naw I kid ya Searcher, lol, but thanks anyway.)

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#26    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,978 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Edgar casey was awesome.

#27    skywizard

skywizard

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

• Accept or Change

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

He didn't.

Harte

There’s a lot of records on file at A.R.E. stating he did.

I think having a medical doctor there was possibility to keep him from killing the patient with one of his readings. Plus, I don’t think there was a doctor in all of his readings. If the patient later was diagnosed and (or) died. why have a doctor at all.

I think he was an interesting man and had an interesting talent. OMI

By the way, I noticed where your from and it’s close to my neck of the woods.

Peace
~skywizard

~~ Never stop looking for what's not there ~~
~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

#28    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

skywizard, on 06 January 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

There’s a lot of records on file at A.R.E. stating he did.
Of course there are.

The ARE is pretty slick, keeping themselves operating so many years after their resident con man died.

Have you joined?  You realize, of course, that you have to pay money for access to the records that the ARE is happy to "summarize" for those of us that won't consider even for a second giving them even one red cent.

I think having a medical doctor there was possibility to keep him from killing the patient with one of his readings.
Do you even know how his "readings" were conducted? Do you think he could sleep them to death?

If the patient later was diagnosed and (or) died. why have a doctor at all.
How many people die while under a doctors care?  Why did they have a doctor at all?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users