Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zombie-proof housing

zombie architects housing blueprints

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,123 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

THE streets are full of lurching, brain-hungry zombies and humanity faces extinction. Should you run for your life or stand your ground? Luckily, bespectacled men and woman who stare at blueprints have already started thinking about it.

Architects are designing zombie-proof housing for Zombie Safe House, a design competition, now in its third year. It was originally devised by a trio of designers at Architects Southwest, an architectural firm in Louisiana, as an informal platform for colleagues to showcase their creative talents in a “pragmatically unconstrained format”, says co-founder Shea Trahan.

It now attracts hundreds of students, practicing architects, industrial designers and artists from around the globe looking for an inventive way to boost their portfolios.

http://www.economist...of-architecture

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,474 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'd give them all my boss' address and wish them luck finding his brain........

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Zombies? I say let them come, zombie proof-housing or not. If I go down, they go down with me.

Also tagged with zombie, architects, housing, blueprints

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users