Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rotating red light formation on ceiling

Aum Girl

I had a strange occurrence last night and I have been searching all over the internet to see if any one else has had the same thing happen to them. About 2:30 last night I woke up and noticed that I there was a strange formation of red lights rotating on my ceiling. It comprised of about 6-8 lights in a circle with one in the middle. I was shocked and held my breath as I watched it. It slowly moved about half the length of my ceiling and then seemed to disappear up through my ceiling. It left me with a very uneasy feeling and I could not go back to sleep. There was nothing in my room that could have caused it and nothing outside either. I have experienced one single red light appearing on me with no explanation twice before but it instantly vanished. This happened when I was awake and in my kitchen. Several months ago I experienced an episode of missing time. I lost an hour in what seemed like an instant. Because of this last incident I am getting more and more concerned! Am I going crazy? Am I being visited? Anybody out there experience this type of thing before????

• Like 1

That certainly seems a bizarre event! The apparent complexity of the formation suggests that it would have to be a very strange and sophisticated device to transmit such imagery inside your very room, though it does not rule out a hypnopompic state where you're coming out of a period of sleep and blurring the boundaries of dream and awake. Do you remember being 'paralyzed' for a few moments before realizing you are in the waking world? I have not came across much other than different coloured lights interacting with humans before, not a whole series such as that.

Edited by DancingCorpse

Hi Dancing Corpse,

I didn't have any paralysis before seeing the lights. I was awake a few moments before noticing the lights. I did wonder if it could have been a hypnagogia event and I am definitely not ruling that out. It is just that when I considered the other strange occurrences that have transpired recently it has spurred me on to look at other options...

Thanks for the input :yes:

Hi Rafterman,

I don't think so because the blinds and curtains were drawn. I actually did get up after it happened and looked outside. The cul-de-sac was empty and I had not heard any sirens or anything... Of course, I am open to the idea... The lights actually looked like they were being sucked up through the ceiling. It was very very strange. I am actually a little nervous to go to sleep tonight :(

I think you are getting stressed as the way you reply on here I guess, have you been looking at bright lights recently?

Hi Scowl,

No, I don't wear glasses or contacts. Thanks for asking. I really appreciate everyone thinking of possibilities for me....

:yes:

For now I am going to chock it up to a hypnagogic experience... We shall see what/if anything happens next...

Hi Scowl,

No, I don't wear glasses or contacts. Thanks for asking. I really appreciate everyone thinking of possibilities for me....

:yes:

For now I am going to chock it up to a hypnagogic experience... We shall see what/if anything happens next...

I always ask people if they have good uncorrected vision in these cases. I've had many hypnagogic hallucinations in my life yet I can't see a foot away without my glasses. That doesn't prevent the crazy things I see from being perfectly sharp without my glasses.

Hi Aum Girl,

I had a similar experience about a month ago. While laying on my couch I saw a tiny strobe from the ceiling twice. The first flash was followed immediately by the second. Like you, I'm writing it off as hypnagogic tho I wasn't sleepy at the time. Maybe just a brain fart. I've had no missing time etc.

Anybody out there experience this type of thing before????

I had an experience with a red light when I was younger. Not the same pattern but it was a red light at least. I was about 15 years old maybe(I forget). I think it might of been a spontaneous OBE but I'm not sure. I posted it ages ago here http://www.unexplain...3

I've seen a couple. The first time I saw a ufo I was about 15 and in my house just watching tv, when this little red square about twice the size of a coke can went slowly floating past the window. It was just like a small red light which as it went past, it was like it slowed down time because I tried to stand up to walk to the window but it was like walking through water. It was really weird because I remember seeing it go down the road even though I had not made it to the window. It was almost like it dragged me out of body for a moment and when it left my vision I found myself back on the couch watching the ending of the movie again like nothing had happened.

So in that experience I actually watched it go down the road from another room. So I watched it from a window that was in a bedroom that was near my lounge room where I had been sitting, then next thing I know I'm sitting back on the lounge watching the ending of the movie again. I'll never forget it. First thing I did afterwards was draw it. I call it a red square but it was actually rectangular. It was also quite close to the window, it wasnt like it was 100 meters away or anything. It was just outside so not far at all. I talk about it with slightly more detail here. http://www.unexplain...pic=203760&st=0

Edited by Kazahel

• 2 years later...

I am so relieved to read his post, this is exactly what happened to me last night, did you find anything else out about it? I woke up from a deep sleep to a strange vibrational sound and there were rotating red lights on the ceiling above the end of my bed. It scared me so badly that I sat up immediately and they instantly disappeared and the sound was gone. The blinds were all closed so I thought something must have been on the floor like a blinking toy or flash light but there was nothing there. I convinced myself it was my imagination but I know what I saw, it was absolutely bizarre.

Just a thought but maybe your eyes were rotating and the red lights were stationary?

Just a thought but maybe your eyes were rotating and the red lights were stationary?

Yes virtigo. Op, do you have any inner ear problems or migraines?
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Happened to me right now the time is 2 32 .. night...the lights were quick to disappear though.. came across your thread while searching for the phenomena..

Edited by PuneetTiwari
Adding text

1 hour ago, PuneetTiwari said:

Happened to me right now the time is 2 32 .. night...the lights were quick to disappear though.. came across your thread while searching for the phenomena..

Were you asleep before this happened? If so I suggest looking into hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucations.