Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lightning strike knocks man out of his boots

Still Waters

Yard work almost turned deadly for a man hit by lightning in Coweta County.

Sean O'Connor said he was raking leaves Saturday afternoon when a bolt of lightning came down and struck him in the right foot.

"I heard the loud crack and next thing I know, I was over here on the side of my driveway," said O'Connor.

http://www.wsbtv.com...-be-aliv/ngQdD/

• Like 3

The odds of being stuck by lightning is a lot better then winning the lottery. Lightning can travel 10 miles and hit you. You won't even know there is a storm. My dog knows. though. I'll take her out and it will be bight and sunny and she will just say no way and want back in. I'll look at the local radar and a storm will be just starting to pop up. She is my lightning warning alarm.

• Like 3

The Vietnamese have a folk belief that only evil people get struck by lightning, so during these storms we are beginning to get now that we are entering the rainy season people put on a brave face and act fearless. Sorry. I go indoors and stay away from windows and the telephone (no longer an issue actually as we got rid of our land lines) and plumbing fixtures. Even at that sometimes it gets so noisy I want to crawl under my bed.

• Like 3

The odds of being stuck by lightning is a lot better then winning the lottery. Lightning can travel 10 miles and hit you. You won't even know there is a storm. My dog knows. though. I'll take her out and it will be bight and sunny and she will just say no way and want back in. I'll look at the local radar and a storm will be just starting to pop up. She is my lightning warning alarm.

Where you get the talking dog?

• Like 2

Dogs don't really talk much...but they manage to get their point across none the less.

• Like 4

I speak dog, but I'm not fluent in it yet. I am fluent in cat, though.

• Like 2

I speak dog, but I'm not fluent in it yet. I am fluent in cat, though.

If you mastered Cat then you will be fluent in Dog in no time...

• Like 1

I am fluent in cat, though.

Communicating with my cats is exactly like a hostage negotiation.

*with megaphone* "If you retract your claws from the drapes, I'll let you have half my chicken dinner and I'll even throw a roll of toilet paper to shred. All I want is your happiness. It's not worth it by throwing it all away with an act of disobediance."