Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Real Information on EMF

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Ok, I am tired of people learning about EMF's from paranormal teams, and TAPS.....

The " EMF's can make you sick, hallucinate, etc. ".........

Please take the time to read these links.....This is factual information on EMF's, what they are, why they are here, etc,etc,etc.........People used to think they caused cancer.

Anyway, talk to electricians about EMF's, not ghost hunters.......We are all exposed to it in various amounts 24/7.

Here is the information, please read it so that next time you read claims, and reports, you will have knowledge about them, and will not be fooled.The National Institue of Environmental Health Sciences is your source, and is also the place who studies things that can effect our health.....I believe their studies, and research, and explanations should be sufficient, don't you?

Posted Image

General Information

Edited by Sakari, 27 February 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

:tu:

#3    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

Nice one. thank you!

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

There you go again with all of your sciency stuff.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    DoctorBeautiful

DoctorBeautiful

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Proved.

#6    Shadesong

Shadesong

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• What? Lead? No, no, no. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

This needs to be stickied/pinned.  :yes:

がんばれ 日本!

Posted Image

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostShadesong, on 29 February 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

This needs to be stickied/pinned.  :yes:

Request it :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#8    Shadesong

Shadesong

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• What? Lead? No, no, no. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostSakari, on 29 February 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Request it :)

I might just do that. Threads/posts concerning Sleep Paralysis and Night Terrors probably wouldn't hurt either. A "Read these BEFORE posting in this forum" setup would be ideal, but I don't see that happening.

Edit: Also, let's be honest; the forum would probably die.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Shadesong, 29 February 2012 - 12:41 AM.

がんばれ 日本!

Posted Image

#9    judyrad

judyrad

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• You are not alone we are here to help!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

It's all scientific Opinion

#10    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

View Postjudyrad, on 14 March 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Better than uneducated opinion...

Posted Image

#11    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:58 AM

Good post,TAPS probably think that by debunking something using high EMF readings they make themselves look all scientific.

In the past when i worked in a factory with large amounts of electrical panels,i never really experienced any problems my self.Did any body else on here ?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#12    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 15 March 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

Good post,TAPS probably think that by debunking something using high EMF readings they make themselves look all scientific.

In the past when i worked in a factory with large amounts of electrical panels,i never really experienced any problems my self.Did any body else on here ?

I work as a plant operator in a control room next to the MCC room....Couldn't even venture to guess the wattage and voltage going through there.Enough to light a small city for sure....

I feel just fine.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#13    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

View Postjudyrad, on 14 March 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Yes, opinions are quite worthless, aren't they...

So.. over on this thread, I'm curious as to when will you be providing the facts and data to support your opinions/claims on this very topic?

As I have pointed out on that thread, and repeat (with a couple extra words) here:

It's EITHER science OR opinion.

Good (aka 'accepted') science can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, repeated and cited (amongst many other things).  That science is what has brought you the vast majority of the luxuries, technology (..health, improvements in life expectancy, etc, etc..) that you enjoy today.

Opinion is the sort of stuff you are offering, and it is especially useless when it is unsupported by actual data, actual reasoning, actual information, actual repeatable, testable (and falsifiable, ...) results.  Those who decry science often prove they do not understand it in exactly this way.. and often they do so to avoid proper scrutiny of their own claims.

And yes, sometimes scientists do offer opinions, but an opinion from a scientist's mouth is no more worthy than anyone else's until it is properly tested and accepted.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#14    judyrad

judyrad

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 14 March 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Better than uneducated opinion...
I concur
here is some educated opinion on why the 'EMF' topic is a scientific opinion.
There's a heated debate as to what electromagnetic field (EMF) level is considered safe. Since the experts have not come to an consensus, you'll have to decide for yourself..Scientific Opinion
What is the real issue? We do not fully understand EMF and how it effects the body.
There is so much more I could post!!!

http://emf.mercola.c...mf-dangers.aspx
http://www.epa.gov/r...power-lines.pdf
http://nepis.epa.gov...ges=1&ZyEntry=7
http://www.consumerh...=19990303201129
http://www.promolife...t/emf-pollution

#15    judyrad

judyrad

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostSakari, on 27 February 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Ok, I am tired of people learning about EMF's from paranormal teams, and TAPS.....

The " EMF's can make you sick, hallucinate, etc. ".........

Please take the time to read these links.....This is factual information on EMF's, what they are, why they are here, etc,etc,etc.........People used to think they caused cancer.

Anyway, talk to electricians about EMF's, not ghost hunters.......We are all exposed to it in various amounts 24/7.

Here is the information, please read it so that next time you read claims, and reports, you will have knowledge about them, and will not be fooled.The National Institue of Environmental Health Sciences is your source, and is also the place who studies things that can effect our health.....I believe their studies, and research, and explanations should be sufficient, don't you?

Very interesting read

Posted Image

General Information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users