Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Checkup on the EU

Resh

Hello to everyone in the forum!

A couple of years ago the EU situation started getting complicated and among many interesting

characters that arose in that time, the famous speeches of Nigel Farage made my head turn all the

way from America, for a while I kept looking into what was going on, but lately I havent been so attentive.

Ive seen a couple of videos, read a couple of articles on current events, but maybe you guys could

help me get my info in my brain up to date with any important decisions that may have taken place.

Edited by Palmy-Ra

Hello to everyone in the forum!

A couple of years ago the EU situation started getting complicated and among many interesting

characters that arose in that time, the famous speeches of Nigel Farage made my head turn all the

way from America, for a while I kept looking into what was going on, but lately I havent been so attentive.

Ive seen a couple of videos, read a couple of articles on current events, but maybe you guys could

help me get my info in my brain up to date with any important decisions that may have taken place.

The EU is a classic runaway project. It is rapidly morphing from the sensible customs union that it started out as into an unelected, undemocratic, obtrusive, authoritarian regime of bureacrats, which are trying to turn the free nations of Europe into a sort of neo EUSSR.

Pretty much everything Nigel Falange says is spot on, just keep following him.

• Like 3

The EU started life as a totally undemocratic, and un-elected grouping of Nations. The reality is that as time has progressed, so the EU has become MORE Democratic, not less. That said, there are serious flaws in its structure that are potentially harmful to it operating effectively, not least is the fact that Political and Monetary Union is not established throughout the EU.

The model the EU is trying to base itself on is not the Old USSR model, but the USA and German Federated Union model whereby individual Nations (or States in this example) retain autonomy in certain areas of government including the right to levy taxes, whilst decisions that affect the entire EU are taken at a higher level (posit the Federal Govt v State Government in the USA) by the Council of Ministers (Nationally Elected, democratic members).

The EU is not the way forward for all Nations, that is clear, especially as it tries to coalesce into a uniform Governing entity, and I am sure that a number of Nations will choose of their own accord to leave the Economic Area altogether. This is their right of course as Sovereign Nations cannot be dictated to without the agreement of their respective democracies.

The EU has "saddled" itself with a number of members with little Provenance in Democratic Principles or shared History which may yet unravel the EU

[media=]

[/media]

And you are the new paranoid. Notice how his prediction of a mass sell off of Euro's is the complete opposite of what actually happened after Cyprus, and he carefully avoids mentioning that it was Cyprus who wanted to raid all citizens bank accounts - not the EU.

Its just proof that Nigal Farage is far from right about every aspect of the EU.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest