Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Melba Ketchun on AM Coast to Coast

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

No need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story. It's evancj's feelings that I think are a bit more dangerous, in not wanting to see or hear something because they are just 'sure' of what they will hear, and don't want to. Who knows what he might miss learning.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#17    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 17 February 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

I'm the same way, it's just one of those things that I just wanna hear what she has to say about it. I think it's all bogus but then I just gotta watch it for some crazy reason.

I don't believe I'll be converted. :no: Noooooo :no:

But it's like a "how low can she go" curiosity
And what all is she selling that some are actually buying

Plus, when some start quoting a particular peer reviewed scientific journal, I'll be familiar with its painful and demonic birth :td:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 17 February 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#18    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Imo, if you claim to personally know habituators and have seen these creatures at these sites yourself, as she claims to have done,
you wouldn't need 100 DNA samples from all over the country/world fraught with secrecy and debate and questionable science to prove their existence.

Unless...wait for it...wait for it... there are no creatures! :tsu:

#19    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

Oh I agree, but I think there is some sort of conspiracy-like thing going on, at least in my mind, there are too many consistencies going on. Ketchum's self-published report which never was peer reviewed, then sudden Dyer's got another body and his now infamous tent footage. Then this guy Musky Allen, who there is no record of before 2006 or so and claims to be a huge skeptic is converted to being a believer after he's seen "the body", much like Saul on the road to Tarsus.......and oh yeah. There's this film maker who's mentioned all over but not talking himself or......as far as I know......made any comments about this mysterious film that's supposed to be in the works.

Now I will have to say that if I shot a Bigfoot, I might well be quiet about it until I got the results from some real scientists for verification purposes, but these guys are out dropping little bombs of information then jumping behind the veil of legal permission and they all signed these secrecy and non-disclosure agrees, apparently in blood.....but they keep talking about it, until someone tries to get some real information out of them, then they jump behind the secrecy thing again.

My own feeling is there is a huge scam in the works and it involves several people.

#20    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 17 February 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

much like Saul on the road to Tarsus.......

*snip*

and the new Saul, Paul, spent a bit-o-time in jails

#21    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 17 February 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

*snip*

and the new Saul, Paul, spent a bit-o-time in jails

Yeah, conversion can be a real b1tch at times.

#22    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

View Post_Only, on 17 February 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

No need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story. It's evancj's feelings that I think are a bit more dangerous, in not wanting to see or hear something because they are just 'sure' of what they will hear, and don't want to. Who knows what he might miss learning.

You are right, there is "no need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story", and I don't think I suggested that anyone should. I have been following this scam for years, so why would I tell anyone they should not do the same? There is no danger in me sharing my distaste in listening to her lies (again). What is dangerous is perpetrators of junk science like Ketchum et al are actually convincing the ignorant among us that real science is bogus.  

What I clearly stated was that if you buy what she is selling and you believe her side of the story is real scientific fact, then you are a fool, and I stand by this statement.

Edited by evancj, 17 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#23    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postevancj, on 17 February 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

You are right, there is "no need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story", and I don't think I suggested that anyone should.

He seemed to be wanting to have to justify his desire to listen to the broadcast. Nothing to do with what you said.

What I clearly stated was that if you buy what she is selling and you believe her side of the story is real scientific fact, then you are a fool, and I stand by this statement.

No need to defend yourself. I just still think it's less than satisfactory to not want to hear something because you assume you know what is going to be said. You can miss a lot of new stuff that way.

#24    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

View Post_Only, on 17 February 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

No need to defend yourself. I just still think it's less than satisfactory to not want to hear something because you assume you know what is going to be said. You can miss a lot of new stuff that way.

The thing is, she's said a lot already. No need to guess anymore. A brief summary of her "results" are posted on her new scifi journal website DeNovo.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 17 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#25    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

View Post_Only, on 17 February 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

With that line of reasoning, I guess I should watch every episode of the Kardashians on off chance I might learn something.

#26    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Postevancj, on 18 February 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

With that line of reasoning, I guess I should watch every episode of the Kardashians on off chance I might learn something.

If they go into any depth about DNA research, you just might. Otherwise that would just be completely unrelated hyperbole.

#27    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

You call what Ketchum is claiming DNA research?

#28    _Only

_Only

• 6,634 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Since the topic is about sequencing DNA... yes, I just have the strong feeling that mention of some type of DNA research will be involved in the show. It feels like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing now, but I don't feel like participating. Feel free to miss the show. I really don't care.

#29    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,639 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

At this point it really doesn't matter what Ketchum says. The only thing that really matters IMO is whether or not there is an actual DNA study by a reputable genetics lab and if so, what it says. Anything less is sensationalist fodder for the media as well as something for the gullible to swallow hook, line and sinker.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#30    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 February 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

At this point it really doesn't matter what Ketchum says. The only thing that really matters IMO is whether or not there is an actual DNA study by a reputable genetics lab and if so, what it says. Anything less is sensationalist fodder for the media as well as something for the gullible to swallow hook, line and sinker.

cormac

And whether or not there is an actual DNA study by a reputable genetics lab, is what sums it up for me. If there isn't, then the entire thing is just a load of bovine manure.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users