Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 10 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1156 replies to this topic

#751    notyalcmas93

notyalcmas93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostBinaural Ubiety, on 22 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

No one able to give me any advice?

I think everyone is busy with holiday stuff. I have not yet projected so i dont think i can help much. But your mind is clear when its free of thought

Edited by notyalcmas93, 22 December 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#752    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postnotyalcmas93, on 22 December 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

I think everyone is busy with holiday stuff. I have not yet projected so i dont think i can help much. But your mind is clear when its free of thought
Hard to imagine, the closest thing I know of is my mind just skimming through tons of stuff too quickly for me to focus on it.

#753    notyalcmas93

notyalcmas93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostBinaural Ubiety, on 22 December 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Hard to imagine, the closest thing I know of is my mind just skimming through tons of stuff too quickly for me to focus on it.

Do you meditate? That helps a lot. It teaches you to hold out thoughts. Your thought are seperate from you. So you can learn to stop them from coming in.

#754    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

View Postnotyalcmas93, on 20 December 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

What do you mean not for everyone? Thanks for the link, i would try it but there is snow on the ground here! :/

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Prof is referring to the "uniqueness" of people, in general.  Just like, you may like peas, but that doesn't mean I have to like peas.  Likewise with the grounding technique.

Also, keep in mind that you can do that grounding anywhere/anytime, wearing anything, etc.  I did a similar form of it in my bedroom, sitting on pillows.  You don't have to be outside standing barefoot in the grass, it's only a recommendation.

#755    notyalcmas93

notyalcmas93

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostB Randomly, on 23 December 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Prof is referring to the "uniqueness" of people, in general.  Just like, you may like peas, but that doesn't mean I have to like peas.  Likewise with the grounding technique.

Also, keep in mind that you can do that grounding anywhere/anytime, wearing anything, etc.  I did a similar form of it in my bedroom, sitting on pillows.  You don't have to be outside standing barefoot in the grass, it's only a recommendation.

Yea, i figure it could be done anywhere, id just really like to do it outside. Which probably wont happen for a couple months. Indoors it is. lol

#756    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,181 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostBinaural Ubiety, on 22 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

No one able to give me any advice?
These are all difficult questions to answer. Everyone is different. The best I can do, is for you to give me a detailed account of what you are doing. Then we can trouble shoot from there.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#757    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 23 December 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

These are all difficult questions to answer. Everyone is different. The best I can do, is for you to give me a detailed account of what you are doing. Then we can trouble shoot from there.
The steps I've been taking, I'm sort of lazy about it though.

1. Go to bed
2. Calm breathing
3. Close eyes, try to be still (which is never possible)
4. Look for 'nural discharges' <- still not sure what these are
And that's about as far as I get before I give up because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also, good to see you're still around here helping people, Seeker79.

#758    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 182 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostBinaural Ubiety, on 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

1. Go to bed
2. Calm breathing
And that's about as far as I get before I give up because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Do you do anything else, mentioned in Seeker's turorial, to supplement your practice?

#759    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,181 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostBinaural Ubiety, on 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

1. Go to bed
2. Calm breathing

If you can handle it, try staying up late till like 3am, or wakeing up early like 3 am then waiting until you are groggy. Give it a shot you might be surprised.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#760    Amalthe

Amalthe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

A question to the astral projecters: Can you control your projection in order to experience some event that happened in history?
Because a loooot of answers could be given to people if that might be the case.

#761    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,181 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostAmalthe, on 02 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

A question to the astral projecters: Can you control your projection in order to experience some event that happened in history?
Because a loooot of answers could be given to people if that might be the case.
I have heard that you can. I however have not. Tom brown jr. Has a story. He learned from an apache holy man. The story goes that he journeyed into the passed and whittnessed Somone drop a stone tool which he latter went back and dug up.

Bruce Lee-

#762    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,870 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Check the symbolism in this, an interesting interpretation of ego, shadow self and inner child. The scene with the wheel chair and 2 guardians blocking the way - classic depiction of SP ...

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#763    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,281 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 12 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Check the symbolism in this, an interesting interpretation of ego, shadow self and inner child. The scene with the wheel chair and 2 guardians blocking the way - classic depiction of SP ...

I think I understand the Ego aspect of this. But the Shadow Self and Inner child is still a bit of a mystery.. As you are probably plainly aware from another thread, I'm poking an prodding Ego at the moment, and making a few interesting & disturbing discoveries along the way. Ego is so predicible.. Ego is so easily manipulated! It's easy to see in others, but damn hard to see in your self..

Question?? Given that you have suscessfully eliminated most of not all of your ego, would the world and people and their conversations and interactions seem on the whole as being 99% ego driven and therefore predictible & kind of plastic and shallow?

#764    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 12 January 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I think I understand the Ego aspect of this. But the Shadow Self and Inner child is still a bit of a mystery.. As you are probably plainly aware from another thread, I'm poking an prodding Ego at the moment, and making a few interesting & disturbing discoveries along the way. Ego is so predicible.. Ego is so easily manipulated! It's easy to see in others, but damn hard to see in your self..

Question?? Given that you have suscessfully eliminated most of not all of your ego, would the world and people and their conversations and interactions seem on the whole as being 99% ego driven and therefore predictible & kind of plastic and shallow?
Elimination of ego, I think, only comes from particular metaphysical states, and while interesting I have found that it takes the ego to appreciate the state therefore the ego is a necessary part of the equation. I'd be careful with labeling the ego in a negative context. The self plays an important role.

Bruce Lee-

#765    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,281 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 12 January 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Elimination of ego, I think, only comes from particular metaphysical states, and while interesting I have found that it takes the ego to appreciate the state therefore the ego is a necessary part of the equation. I'd be careful with labeling the ego in a negative context. The self plays an important role.

Cool..
This has been my more recent thoughts on the matter..

But before I started playing with Ego, letting it loose, and toying & manipulating other ego's I was under the impression that Ego was a roadblock.. Which I know it is in a metaphysical sense... But I thought Ego was something one should eliminate as opposed to control.
I kind of feel that people with No Ego at all would really struggle to fit into such an egotistical society..

Recent blog entries on this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users