Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cannibal cult' arrested in Papua New Guinea

Saru

A total of 29 people have been accused of murdering 7 'sorcerers' and making soup from their organs.

Armed with home-made guns fashioned from rubber, and long-bladed knives they consider to be "possessed", the accused have allegedly killed four men and three women in isolated jungle territory since April. Four were murdered last week.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Wow, hope they dont make soup out of mine!

Takes all sorts, but why so they still think sorcerers are real? and why did they make soup and eat it?

surely, would have been easier to make a roll?

Guess ill never understand it.

Thanks OP.

• Like 3

Wow this is really strange. Bad place to be a witch doctor. Wonder if the had some farmer beans with the livers. But penis soup the thought of that makes me sick.

• Like 2

Yeah read baout this, so weird.

Note to self:

Don't ask for some broth if ever in Papua New Guinea.

• Like 2

Wow this is really strange. Bad place to be a witch doctor. Wonder if the had some farmer beans with the livers. But penis soup the thought of that makes me sick.

No just human beans

• Like 1

From the article ..

"They don't think they've done anything wrong; they admit what they've done openly," said the police commander of Madang province, Anthony Wagambie. Cult members reportedly wanted to weed out witchdoctors who charged excessive sums for services such as casting out evil spirits. By eating their victims' organs, they believed they would themselves gain supernatural powers

Weird and sick...But I have heard of this sort of thing before.. Only with child sex molesters.. a group of them ( I cannot recall the exact story ) believed if they had sex with little children.. it gave them super powers.. The things some mad people will believe and do is just twisted... I would say these people from the OP article, would need help, but then again how can anyone help them?

• Like 1

From the article ..

Weird and sick...But I have heard of this sort of thing before.. Only with child sex molesters.. a group of them ( I cannot recall the exact story ) believed if they had sex with little children.. it gave them super powers.. The things some mad people will believe and do is just twisted... I would say these people from the OP article, would need help, but then again how can anyone help them?

They seem as though they are less evolved sometimes don't they?

• Like 1

They seem as though they are less evolved sometimes don't they?

Absolutely ..you said it .. ( as per usual lol )

I seem to agree with everything you say..I only just now caught on to that lol...And it is NOT like me to agree with someone constantly... I am sure there is something at some point I will disagree with ..you will trip up and BAM ha ha lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Wow.. I wonder how that soup tastes.

im gonna behave

• Like 2

Absolutely ..you said it .. ( as per usual lol )

I seem to agree with everything you say..I only just now caught on to that lol...And it is NOT like me to agree with someone constantly... I am sure there is something at some point I will disagree with ..you will trip up and BAM ha ha lol :P

Haha, I'm going to get a right tearing into by you when I trip up aren't I? LOL

Wow.. I wonder how that soup tastes.

ew
  • Like 1

Haha, I'm going to get a right tearing into by you when I trip up aren't I? LOL

Well.........ha ha ..I am not that bad..lol Only to the idiots that like to mess about ...I doubt you would do that

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Another case of bath salts?

• Like 2

Actually, I think this is a fine, progressive idea!

Doctors overcharge for their services? Kill them and eat them!

Imagine how quickly overcharging would stop, not only to patients but to government medical offices!

I think they're onto something here!

:w00t:

• Like 1

Im not sure why they're calling it a "cult." It was only a few hundred years or less that tribes on this island were head-hunter canibals...

• Like 1

''Mr Wagambie said no remains of their victims had been found. "They're probably all eaten up," he reflected.''

Well now, there is the answer as to why no bigfoot bodies are ever found. The other bigfeet eat them :)

Seriously though, it does sound to us to be a rather barbaric way to behave but if this is their culture, who are we to say they should step into the 21st century and behave like we do?

By the sound of things these witch doctors became too greedy even to the point of demanding sex from the 'patient's' wife or teenage daughter!

They are behaving exactly as they would do had us westerners not initerfered in their lives and culture.

Who are we to say they are wrong?

Yes folks cannibalism & head hunting is still part of some tribes in remote areas, I remember some old WW2 stories where japanese soldiers ended up as a la carte & their heads are probably still in a museum somewhere. :unsure2:

im gonna behave

That's good 'cause a misbehavin' mule is sight to behold! But I understand completely :whistle:

That is dark. But if you explained to them that, houndreds of tons of bombs could come raining down from the sky, wiping out entire familes and villages in the blink of an eye - they may find that very difficult to fathom, also.

• Like 1

Am wondering if they argue over who gets the *dumplings".

:)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Am wondering if they argue over who gets the *dumplings".

:)

maybe they have to undergo an 'ickle test'' to see who gets them :w00t:

• Like 1