Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Name That Creature

Night Walker

namethatcreature.jpg

The image above, taken from secrurity camera footage, caused quite a stir in the local community when it was released and even prompted questions from government officials. What is it?

Further details (where, when, etc) will be provided in a week or so but in the meantime I am interested in opinions, first impressions, and more detailed analyses from UM members. There are no right or wrong answers as this case was never solved so please feel free to speculate on what you think it is and why...

• Like 1

Initial response? A scared black cat with four white paws, arched back, curved upright tail and hair standing up all over.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 8

It's created a stir......its a cat .A tuxedo by the looks of it .

Like....a.....cat ....cat ...yah .

• Like 1

Looks like a house cat to me too. What about it caused a Stir?

• Like 1

A cat? A cat created a stir? Are you serious?

Local governement got involved? C'mon man, you're pulling our collective legs, right?

Actually it is not just a cat. It is a Blurry Cat!! :whistle::w00t:

Does that make it a... BlobCat?? LOL!!

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 7

Well,the little p.ussy paws,don't seem to be touching the ground. People think its floating ?

Just caught in a leap I would think ...

Ok, well if they don't like us calling it a cat then let's name it "George" and we will love him, and pet him, and hug him, and call him our own.

Unless he pees on the carpet, then we'll stroke his fur the wrong way......

• Like 3

I t'aut I taw a puddy tat. Did he survive the crossing ?

"Cat" seems to be the overwhelming consensus at the moment and that would be my opinion as well. Further opinions are appreciated.

I am still chasing up further details and will post the remaining information on Friday 16/11/2012.

Is this serious? Well, this is cryptozoology...

I think it is likely a hyrax imitating a cat, and the next picture will probably have it imitating a flattened cat.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

Cat. I mean what else can it be?

Was this caught on camera and If it was the camera is crap because thats one blurry image

I assume that paint strip is the standard intermittent white road strip to indicate seperate lanes. So it isn't anything big. A little cat, cheeky little kitty causing widespread stupidity.

• Like 1

It looks like a Polecat, and a big-ish one at that. They're all over the world, but are somewhat rare in places. A polecat (NOT a skunk) is kinda like a cat and a weasel, mixed together in appearance, and can sometimes spray like a skunk can.