Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Decoding The Final predictions of Nostradamus

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

a prediction isn't a prediction if it's only verifiable with hindsight.
me saying a plane will crash sometime, and then saying 'look, I was right!' the next time one happens to crash, doesn't mean I prophesied it, it just means that aeroplanes sometimes crash.
if nostradamus said 'on 28th july 2013 at 8.42pm a plane will crash at heathrow on runway nine, killing 362 passengers' and it happened, then THAT would be a prediction, but what nostradamus does is the equivalent of saying the next lottery winner will most likely have skin, and wear shoes, which isn't the same thing at all.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#32    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

View Postshrooma, on 22 April 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

a prediction isn't a prediction if it's only verifiable with hindsight.
me saying a plane will crash sometime, and then saying 'look, I was right!' the next time one happens to crash, doesn't mean I prophesied it, it just means that aeroplanes sometimes crash.
if nostradamus said 'on 28th july 2013 at 8.42pm a plane will crash at heathrow on runway nine, killing 362 passengers' and it happened, then THAT would be a prediction, but what nostradamus does is the equivalent of saying the next lottery winner will most likely have skin, and wear shoes, which isn't the same thing at all.

Na Nostradamus would be even more cryptic : "The seventh son of the seventh son will reap the bounty on the sixth day after the cobra turns purple" or something.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#33    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,516 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 23 April 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Na Nostradamus would be even more cryptic : "The seventh son of the seventh son will reap the bounty on the sixth day after the cobra turns purple" or something.
:-D

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#34    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I can never believe in only one prophesy for particular event, in all my research I have always seen 2 possible outcomes. Predetermination I can't subscribe to in the fullest sense, however once a series of events take place in a certain order it's fated and then the outcome can be predetermined to a extent and Foreseeable.

To understand the possibility of the 3rd mind that is influenced by a external force is a concept that I do have some theory and research on and to a extent have experienced in a limited capacity.

Prophets can't see unless there shown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users