Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Stephen King

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61    linttrap

linttrap

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

I always listen to Books on CD in my car, and recently I have been enjoying Dreamscapes and Nightmares, a collection of King's short stories.

It has been wonderful! They are the perfect antidote for boring car trips!

#62    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

My favorite author,i own almost all his books except maybe the last 5 or so.Cant wait for his sequel to the shining!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#63    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Bought stephen kings Full Dark,No Stars earlier anyone read this one yet?Wondering how good it is before i start.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#64    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 01 March 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Bought stephen kings Full Dark,No Stars earlier anyone read this one yet?Wondering how good it is before i start.

It's great!  I loved it!  there were 2 stories in particular, but I won't get into it yet.  Let me know how you like the book and which were the best to you.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#65    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Ok thanks lava,the description just seemed like it would be pretty good so i had to buy it.I will let you know when im finished.I kind of slowed down on his books after "Just after sunset" when i read his books i go on a bit of a reading marathon so i let him get caught up a write a couple first haha.Im hoping the sequel to the shining turns out really good,though i doubt it will match it.One can always hope lol.

#66    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 01 March 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Ok thanks lava,the description just seemed like it would be pretty good so i had to buy it.I will let you know when im finished.I kind of slowed down on his books after "Just after sunset" when i read his books i go on a bit of a reading marathon so i let him get caught up a write a couple first haha.Im hoping the sequel to the shining turns out really good,though i doubt it will match it.One can always hope lol.

I didn't know he was doing a sequel!  Ooh I can hardly wait!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#67    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 01 March 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

I didn't know he was doing a sequel!  Ooh I can hardly wait!

Sure is!Read about it a few weeks ago.

#68    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,006 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 01 March 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Sure is!Read about it a few weeks ago.

You related to him, CK?

#69    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostEldorado, on 01 March 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

You related to him, CK?

Didn't you know that the Crimson King is the subject of one of Stephen King's books?  A rare biography from the master of horror... Hehe.  Read all about him in Black House.  ;)

#70    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,006 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 01 March 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Didn't you know that the Crimson King is the subject of one of Stephen King's books?  A rare biography from the master of horror... Hehe.  Read all about him in Black House.  ;)

Nope... I didn't know.  (I'm a fan though)

#71    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostEldorado, on 02 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

I'm reading Black House for the second time.  It's been awhile so it's like a brand new book.  It's pretty good, it's a collaboration of King and Strauss (who I'm not that crazy about but is decent).

#72    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,032 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostEldorado, on 02 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

He's also the main villain of the Dark Tower series.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#73    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Postlinttrap, on 19 January 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

I always listen to Books on CD in my car, and recently I have been enjoying Dreamscapes and Nightmares, a collection of King's short stories.

It has been wonderful! They are the perfect antidote for boring car trips!

I love my audio books!  If the narrator is good, some of his books can be as scary as watching a movie!

#74    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 01 March 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

The Shining is my alltime favorite Stephen King books and could easily qualify as my favorite horror novel. The Overlook pushing Jack ever further into madness is both frightening and tragic. I doubt the sequel will touch it as I dont even like most of King's latest stuff.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#75    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostB Jenkins, on 15 March 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

The Shining is my alltime favorite Stephen King books and could easily qualify as my favorite horror novel. The Overlook pushing Jack ever further into madness is both frightening and tragic. I doubt the sequel will touch it as I dont even like most of King's latest stuff.

Yeah some of his last few have been kind of dry to say the least.The shining,black house,and bag of bones rotate as my top 3!The talisman and It also in my top 5.Some of the past 10 years i dont know seems like he just hit a bit of a lull.I highly doubt this sequel will match,i own the book and the movie nicholson nailed the part!His best ever in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users