Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apollo 11 post-flight press conference

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

Oh my, maybe they were actually hiding something...  In fact, we might have proof of such a thing at this point. :alien:  :gun:

#92    rajeev shagun

rajeev shagun

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

Hi again- in a hope that at least one person will find them happy...i showed this post flight pc image to 53 years old pete(businessman) and 44 years old mike(IT hardware eng.)... Pete said "look seriously worried" and Mike was agreed with him. May be one day somebody will find them happy?

#93    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,099 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

View Postrajeev shagun, on 13 December 2010 - 10:54 AM, said:

Hi again- in a hope that at least one person will find them happy...i showed this post flight pc image to 53 years old pete(businessman) and 44 years old mike(IT hardware eng.)... Pete said "look seriously worried" and Mike was agreed with him. May be one day somebody will find them happy?

Rajeev, has anyone on UM said that they look happy? as you seem to be trying to prove that they are not happy, even though no one has said this.
Mid and co have merely said that they are unhappy because of the up and coming events they have to be present on.

So i think you are wasting yours, Petes and Mikes time by trying to prove something that is not being disputed.

I would focus on proving saw somnething and are being forced to hide it!!! and for the record i do not think that Mike or Pete saying so will quite suffice.

#94    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:50 PM

rajeev shagun, please do not discuss the apollo hoax here :) its about the controversial behaviour on press conference

View PostbooNyzarC, on 13 December 2010 - 03:12 AM, said:

Oh my, maybe they were actually hiding something...  In fact, we might have proof of such a thing at this point. :alien:  :gun:

Where do you think they get these ideas from? :)

Edited by SolarPlexus, 14 December 2010 - 11:57 PM.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#95    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 14 December 2010 - 11:50 PM, said:

interesting :)

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#96    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,290 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

rajeev shagun, please do not discuss the apollo hoax here :) its about the controversial behaviour on press conference

The behavior is odd as these men were hot shots, test pilots and ego maniacs. This would have been a time to shine so yes there behavior is off imo.  

As far as the rest with the clip(movie) it's meant to sell tickets not promote an idea meant to be taken seriously. Or was Star Wars a documentary lol

Edited by The Silver Thong, 14 December 2010 - 11:58 PM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#97    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:15 AM

We do agree on things from time to time, I suppose. ;)

Honestly?  I think they get these ideas from paranoid conspiracy theorists, because let's be honest, those conspiracy theorists produce some pretty interesting fiction every once and a while.  Usually it is boorish drivel, like this thread, but every once and a while they come up with a compelling plot line.

#98    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

View Postrajeev shagun, on 13 December 2010 - 10:54 AM, said:

Maybe one day, someone did...

27 July 1969.

Posted Image

What's it matter?
Was there a point?
I realize I asked you that before, and you didn't answer...so this is likely a futile exercise in trying to figure out what's going in in your brain...

9 September 1969...
Posted Image

Happy enough for you?

#99    rambaldi

rambaldi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

View PostMID, on 15 December 2010 - 01:26 AM, said:

Maybe one day, someone did...
Happy enough for you?

Must have been a refresher course in their acting class :-)

P.S.
Am I the only one who considers the idea that NASA would hire such bad actors, while they were trying to fool the whole world, as plain stupid?

Edited by rambaldi, 15 December 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#100    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,355 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

View Postrambaldi, on 15 December 2010 - 02:07 PM, said:

Am I the only one who considers the idea that NASA would hire such bad actors, while they were trying to fool the whole world, as plain stupid?

The thought had crossed my mind.

Even if we ignore the missions that only orbited the moon (Apollos 8, 10 & 13) and count only those that actually landed then we have 6 missions with 18 astronauts, all of whom must have been in on the "great lie" (whatever you happen to think that lie was). These astronauts gave dozens upon dozens of press conferences and public talks. If the look on their faces really is evidence (it's not, but let's play along for a while) then how come we see only one incidence involving only 3 of the astronauts where they look (as rajeev would put it) like the have an AK47 pointed at their head? It just doesn't add up.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#101    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Speaking of happy images, here's one of Von Barun being carried through the streets of Huntsville after the successful moon landing.  Of course, one could argue about the morality of his transition from Nazi technocrat to all-American hero, but there are many happy pictures from this 1969 landing.

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=619

Edited by TheMcGuffin, 15 December 2010 - 07:37 PM.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#102    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

View Postrambaldi, on 15 December 2010 - 02:07 PM, said:

Must have been a refresher course in their acting class :-)

P.S.

:rofl:

Hiring a bunch of Military officers, or former military officers, who happened to be research pilots, engineers, or scientists...men with integrity, disciplined educations and backgrounds, who all competed mightily for their positions on flight crews,  to fool the whole world (when they would have rather died than have participated in such a thing)...,would've been just a wee stupid.

And of copurse, hiring all those flight controllers and directors, most of whom were of similar backgrounds, and expecting them to participate in a joke...?

Yea...the mindset that even implies this as remotely plausible is...in a word...stupid.

#103    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:03 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 15 December 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

Speaking of happy images, here's one of Von Barun being carried through the streets of Huntsville after the successful moon landing.  Of course, one could argue about the morality of his transition from Nazi technocrat to all-American hero, but there are many happy pictures from this 1969 landing.

http://www.google.co...iw=1024&bih=619

And others...like the next one....

27 November, 1969

Posted Image

And then there's these happy guys, 9 February, 1971...

Posted Image

That guy in the center....I'd have loved to se anyone approach him with the idiotic ideas we see today about Moon hoaxes and such crap.

that man was (at that time) captain Alan Shepard (USN...U.S. Naval Academy, 1944), Chief of the Astronaut Office and America's first man in space.  He would in a couple years be Rear Admiral Shepard, and he was a man of integrity, a supreme Naval Aviator, and you simply didn't screw with this man.  He could make you cold with a single stare, commanded the utmost respect, and if there were any shenanigans involved with the Apollo Program, that man would've spoken, loudly, brashly, and would've exposed everything without a skipped beat anywhere.  That man...was integrity exemplified, and he would've told any one who suggested he participate in a hoax to go "****" themselves...from a Manager to the Secretary of the Navy to the President of the United States.

Al has been gone for 12 years.

May you have good tailwinds Admiral!

:tu:

#104    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

Posted Image
"   Are you kiddin' me?!  Ed, Stu:  who the hell said we faked this?"

Posted Image
"Are you the idiot?"

Edited by MID, 19 December 2010 - 03:02 AM.

#105    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Lets have a look at other Apollo crews:

Posted Image
Apollo 8

Posted Image
Apollo 16

Posted Image
Apollo 17

Some pretty happy people there!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users