Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US DEbt Limit Raised

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

They got there taxes so the rest can wait..Politicians have no integrity.

http://news.yahoo.co...-015556104.html

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Like anybody expected a different outcome...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

those  who  owe  tax's   will  wait  till   april 15th   @  11:59  and  59 seconds ....   those  who  get  a refund   will  apply   three  weeks  ago ...

the  goverment  ran  out  of  money  15  years  ago  ...  so  credit  is  all  they  have  ,  and  they  have  checks  that  need  to  get  in  the  mail ...

the  question  is  not   if  the trust in their  money   is  going  to  run  out...   the  question  is  when  will  people  stop  trusting  in  the  money ....

those  in  the  zero  sum  game   will  not  be  happy  campers ,  those  in  the  free  market  will  be  just  fine .

the  real  question  is  will  it  go  quietly ,  or  will  it  get  messy ...

i  suspect   they  will  pull  it  off  again .
  if  its  going  to pop  ,  it  will  be on  or  before  april 15th ....

if  it  does  pop ,   keep  news  paper inserts  for  the  realitive   prices  of  items  to  each  other ....

common  currency   are  bullets...   2  '3o.o6'  = one standard  loaf  of  white  bread .
1ooo '3o.o6' bullets =   one  ounce  of  gold

two ounces  of  gold   = one  pound  of  silver

one  ounce  of  gold =  one men's  fine  suite  of  cloths

history  repeats  itself ,  and  goverments  never  learn  to  get  smaller...   that  is  just  a thing  no goverment has  ever  done .

#4    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

its  called  a bullet  proof  economy  for  a reason

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

View Postonereaderone, on 05 February 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

those  who  owe  tax's   will  wait  till   april 15th   @  11:59  and  59 seconds ....   those  who  get  a refund   will  apply   three  weeks  ago ...

the  goverment  ran  out  of  money  15  years  ago  ...  so  credit  is  all  they  have  ,  and  they  have  checks  that  need  to  get  in  the  mail ...

the  question  is  not   if  the trust in their  money   is  going  to  run  out...   the  question  is  when  will  people  stop  trusting  in  the  money ....

those  in  the  zero  sum  game   will  not  be  happy  campers ,  those  in  the  free  market  will  be  just  fine .

the  real  question  is  will  it  go  quietly ,  or  will  it  get  messy ...

i  suspect   they  will  pull  it  off  again .
  if  its  going  to pop  ,  it  will  be on  or  before  april 15th ....

if  it  does  pop ,   keep  news  paper inserts  for  the  realitive   prices  of  items  to  each  other ....

common  currency   are  bullets...   2  '3o.o6'  = one standard  loaf  of  white  bread .
1ooo '3o.o6' bullets =   one  ounce  of  gold

two ounces  of  gold   = one  pound  of  silver

one  ounce  of  gold =  one men's  fine  suite  of  cloths

history  repeats  itself ,  and  goverments  never  learn  to  get  smaller...   that  is  just  a thing  no goverment has  ever  done .

Only the very dumb will give you anything for gold because once the economy crashes gold is also worthless. They will rather take a dozen of eggs instead of an ounce of gold.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Someone please tell me why they collect taxes anyway.  Why don't they just print whatever amount of money the economy needs (I know they have measures for this) and pay for government programs by printing extra money.  That way they don't need to collect taxes nor to borrow money. :clap: :clap:

#7    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

They actually do both.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well, yes, so why do they bother with taxes.  Actually I can see the point of borrowing -- it makes jobs for bond brokers, but who wants to make jobs for tax collectors?

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

I dont know it started as this:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Imposts and Defence and general Duties, Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

then this in 1913

The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on Census results. This amendment exempted income taxes from the constitutional requirements regarding direct taxes, after income taxes on rents, dividends, and interest were ruled to be direct taxes in Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. (1895). It was ratified on February 3, 1913.

and evolved into what we have today which I dont understand one bit. Its ludicrous and ineffective.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

So they do it because the Constitution says they can?

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I suppose thats why they do it. They have to keep alot of things running so theres a bit of justification for some taxation. But theres many many dollars that dissapear or are wasted on really dumb things.

This is what the people originally thought of taxation without representation.

http://www.ttb.gov/p...rebellion.shtml

Originally all taxes were to be paid by tarrifs on imported goods.

Edited by AsteroidX, 05 February 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#12    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 05 February 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

They got there taxes so the rest can wait.

You are taxed on every paycheck. And did you actually read what a debt limit is " Experts say that will allow the government to borrow about $450 billion to meet interest payments and other obligations."

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#13    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 05 February 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Only the very dumb will give you anything for gold because once the economy crashes gold is also worthless. They will rather take a dozen of eggs instead of an ounce of gold.

No.  That is incorrect.

A medium of exchange would still be in the best interest of any individual engaging in a post crash market  to avoid the inconveniences of a pure barter system.  

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

You are taxed on every paycheck. And did you actually read what a debt limit is " Experts say that will allow the government to borrow about $450 billion to meet interest payments and other obligations."

Do I care they are unwilling to make there financial obligations without making the  necessary cuts in Big Gov to be fiscally responsible. Yerp.

#15    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Problem is, the money is diverted from the original intent to other things that is either pocketed or used on objects not even related to the subject at hand. Politicians keep using a slight of hand, to divert money to other things that we really don't need to be spending money on. This is what you get with greed rampant and politicians trying to buy votes, instead of actually using money management skills to improve the economy. I think they should be judged on real long term accomplishments instead of short term bandages that doesn't fix anything.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users