Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Coast to Coast

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 04 February 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

Nope, because it makes money off a scam that pleases brain dead listeners.

Some times that true but Punnett and Knapp  have some really cool shows.

#17    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,256 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I almost wish Art Bell would come back, not to do Coast to Coast and the paranormal thing, but to do his free form current events and political show like he did in the early 90s. He's an amazing radio show host in that respect. He doesn't really have any political leanings but likes to tackle individual subjects albeit there was always a subtle undertone of the lurking conspiracy theory which kept things interesting. He was good at the "what if" style of conversation.

If Art Bell came back to do his current events show in the same freeform home grown style he used to do, Id be all over it.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#18    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 04 February 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

I miss Ian Punnett  the show has lost all most of its credibility Wells and are hacks. George Knapp is the only good thing about it not on much

I could not agree more. Ian Punnett was the only good hoast on that show. That old fart Art Bell, Mr.Incredible story Noory, and then the new (Ill agree with the loonies long as I get to be on c2c) guys.

Seriously,...  What the hell is sci-fi/fantasy radio comming to!!??  :angry:

I heard hundreds of shows,... but, I think enough is enough.

R.I.P

Edited by Hazzard, 10 February 2012 - 09:56 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#19    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

View PostHazzard, on 10 February 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I could not agree more. Ian Punnett was the only good hoast on that show. That old fart Art Bell, Mr.Incredible story Noory, and then the new (Ill agree with the loonies long as I get to be on c2c) guys.

Seriously,...  What the hell is sci-fi/fantasy radio comming to!!??  :angry:

I heard hundreds of shows,... but, I think enough is enough.

R.I.P

Scfi/ /fantasy ?   I would agree most of it crazy and has no credibility but not all of it.    Punnett  showed  you could talk about the unknown and have a level head at the same time and find quests that have some credibility.

#20    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,295 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ian is great and I'm glad he's still hosting the show one Sunday a month. I was sorry to see him go due to his health issue (severe tinnitus) but at the same time, he was a softpeddler when it came to guests on the show. That I think is the one thing missing from all the current guests except George Knapp (possibly because he's a reporter) is someone who asks hard questions. George Noory seems incapable, Rob Simone is too busy licking the toes of any B-rate celeb he can, John Wells guests are insane. The show had a much harder edge with Art (who Hazzard was NOT an old fart IMO) that it lacks with other hosts. The context of the show now also changed I think with 9/11 in that conspiracy theories were a generally underground sort of topic and they really came to the forefront after that. The focus of the show was less UFO, less ghost/paranomal and more political until George Noory took over. He took it into the realm of a paranormal book interview night after night. It as a show still has good parts but overall I think it needs a revamp if it's going to keep its listeners interested.

Edited by darkmoonlady, 11 February 2012 - 10:59 PM.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#21    Orclas Hands

Orclas Hands

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Anybody know of torrent site to download current shows. Used to get off Demonoid but they have been hacked

#22    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,117 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

I disagree.
I love Wells (a lot, love the controversial). I love knapp and noory. But wells is intriguing.
It got to where I didn't listen to the Ian nights. He was the one who grated on my nerves. But hey, I cant run C2C so I just avoid what I want to.
I am not impressed with the Deacon stuff, and try hard to avoid the Christian dogma.

View PostOrclas Hands, on 02 August 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Anybody know of torrent site to download current shows. Used to get off Demonoid but they have been hacked

It is worth becoming a member.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#23    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,117 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

I would really like to see a thread here to be able to discuss the C2C shows.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users