Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Biblical Mysteries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#16    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Nxt2Hvn @ Feb 4 2004, 05:43 AM)
(Ha... bet when you saw I had posted, you guys thought I was replying to the original post to this thread didn't ya!)  thumbsup.gif

You just can't keep out of the religous posts can you Nxt2hvn(aka Lockmaster)?  You just have to throw your "preachy" 2 cents in dont you? Can't leave well enough alone...always trying to get another thread locked down...

***fluffy actually reads Nxt2hvns post***

Oh...uh...yeah...right. Nevermind...  tongue.gif

I have two cats...very cute ones...

Attached Files

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#17    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Feb 4 2004, 01:57 PM)
You just can't keep out of the religous posts can you Nxt2hvn(aka Lockmaster)?  You just have to throw your "preachy" 2 cents in dont you? Can't leave well enough alone...always trying to get another thread locked down...

***fluffy actually reads Nxt2hvns post***

Oh...uh...yeah...right. Nevermind...  tongue.gif

I have two cats...very cute ones...

LOL Fluffy!

wink2.gif  tongue.gif  

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#18    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:13 PM

*placing bets this thread doesn't go past 10 posts*   cool.gif

How could I have known this was going to evolve into a cat thread?!

You guys did that on purpose....just to prove me wrong! wink2.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#19    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 04 February 2004 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (joc @ Feb 4 2004, 07:13 AM)
You guys did that on purpose....just to prove me wrong! wink2.gif

tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#20    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• We're on a mission from God.

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:21 PM

I have lots of pictures of my cat on my computer, but they are too big and I don't know what to do.  So instead of posting my cat here is a picture of someone else's.  I don't know whose though.  Look at it.  It's funny.

Attached Files

Let's rock this joint!

#21    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:49 PM

About the Red Sea crossing, even if science does have an explanation, it is still curious to see that the Israelites crossed the sea at the correct moment, and the Pharaoh army following not so far behind didn't make it. The same goes for all the miracles mentioned in the OT. It takes more than some scientific explanations to dispell God. In fact the scientific explanation of Red Sea crossing simply shows that the phenomena is not a scientific impossibility, and there is a chance that the event actually happened.

#22    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:17 PM

<walking on eggshells>

Actually alot of "miracles" or if you prefer "happenings"... that the bible says happened... like the splitting and crossing of the red... have been scientifically shown could have happened.

I believe it was on the Discovery Channel... "Mysteries of the Bible Revealed" that I saw some of the examples.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#23    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:21 PM

I'm closing this down because it is a religious topic. I didn't even bother reading it. So, take no offence.  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users