Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Egyptians in the Grand Canyon

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#136    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,758 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

We can hardly criticise necroposting on the one hand, and constantly suggest using the search function on the other, so I'm glad to see it myself. Glad, that is, as long as the necroposter reads the content that is already posted in the old thread.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#137    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

View PostHarte, on 11 February 2010 - 01:12 PM, said:

We can hardly criticise necroposting on the one hand, and constantly suggest using the search function on the other, so I'm glad to see it myself. Glad, that is, as long as the necroposter reads the content that is already posted in the old thread.

Harte

Good point that. You are correct oh wise one! We shall heed your advise and speak no more of it.  :tu:  :P

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#138    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,514 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

is their a way you could post a link, maybe do a little research on the internet, see if you can find anything about anything Egyptian found in South America or North America?

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#139    Alien Being

Alien Being

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

View Posticet925, on 20 May 2009 - 06:16 AM, said:

I heard recently on tv that egytians tomb were found in the grand canyon in 1909.  Was this real or was this a hoax?
If you believe that this is truth, the how do you think it got there.
Let's discuss this topic without any flaming.

There are one or two Eqyptian pyramids with Mayan hieroglyths in but thats not entered the mainstream.

There is also evidence of Celtic buildings in the Americas along with skulls supposed to be Mexican however they have European traights.

#140    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

View PostAlien Being, on 20 February 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

There are one or two Eqyptian pyramids with Mayan hieroglyths in but thats not entered the mainstream.

There is also evidence of Celtic buildings in the Americas along with skulls supposed to be Mexican however they have European traights.

Anasazi seems like the most reasonable possibility. All the Egyptian styff was added by an anonymous author and the idea has since been used by the likes of Icke. There's a slim chance of oriental influence but a chance none the less.

http://www.philipcop...tiancanyon.html

As for other peoples in North America, there is Madoc and that has fairly string claims. There are pictures of ships froma round that time though they could be earlier vikings.
http://celticmythpod...t-chichen-itza/

The one that I find most amazign is the Calalus. Jews from the 8th century in Arizona. Check it out.
http://miriamhakedos...e-in-early.html

Thanks Alien for getting me to look up these things again.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#141    Alien Being

Alien Being

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

View PostSlimJim22, on 20 February 2010 - 12:00 PM, said:

Anasazi seems like the most reasonable possibility. All the Egyptian styff was added by an anonymous author and the idea has since been used by the likes of Icke. There's a slim chance of oriental influence but a chance none the less.

http://www.philipcop...tiancanyon.html

As for other peoples in North America, there is Madoc and that has fairly string claims. There are pictures of ships froma round that time though they could be earlier vikings.
http://celticmythpod...t-chichen-itza/

The one that I find most amazign is the Calalus. Jews from the 8th century in Arizona. Check it out.
http://miriamhakedos...e-in-early.html

Thanks Alien for getting me to look up these things again.

No. A couple of the very first Eygptian pyramids in the Sahara do have Mayan hierglyths in. That along with Cocaine found in mummies indicates pre-columbus contact.

Celtic buildings have been found. The cloud people (who were Nordic in appearnce) had them however their dna analysis is supposed to show they evolved European traights without European genelogy. Their blond, red hair, green and blue eyes are supposed to be independantly evolved. Celtic buildings have also been found in the US along with ancient cultural texts saying red haired people existed in those parts.

#142    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

View PostAlien Being, on 20 February 2010 - 12:07 PM, said:

No. A couple of the very first Eygptian pyramids in the Sahara do have Mayan hierglyths in. That along with Cocaine found in mummies indicates pre-columbus contact.

Celtic buildings have been found. The cloud people (who were Nordic in appearnce) had them however their dna analysis is supposed to show they evolved European traights without European genelogy. Their blond, red hair, green and blue eyes are supposed to be independantly evolved. Celtic buildings have also been found in the US along with ancient cultural texts saying red haired people existed in those parts.

A couple of links to sites would be nice.

Or else I could as well say here there are traces of ancient Bantus in Lapland, and 'now you find out where I read it'...

#143    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

Claiming that the Mayans managed to leave behind markings on something that predated their culture is going to need something back that up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#144    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:03 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 20 February 2010 - 01:53 PM, said:

Claiming that the Mayans managed to leave behind markings on something that predated their culture is going to need something back that up.

I'll try to find Egyptian hieroglyphs depicting ancient coke-snorting Mayans in a boat, ok?

Posted Image

#145    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Here is a little article about the alleged 'cocaine mummies' from, with a certain amount of synchronicity on multiple levels, The Straight Dope.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#146    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 20 February 2010 - 02:03 PM, said:

I'll try to find Egyptian hieroglyphs depicting ancient coke-snorting Mayans in a boat, ok?

Posted Image

I'd be indebted to you. :)

Hall of Ma'at reference for the cocaine mummies.  
The Stoned Age, by Duncan Edlin
I think this part is fairly important:

Most importantly it's been noted that the identification of cocaine in Egyptian mummies needs to be verified by researchers from an independent laboratory. [52] The only Egyptian mummies to have tested positive for cocaine originate from the Munich museum and these samples all passed through Balabanova's laboratory.

Edited by ShadowSot, 20 February 2010 - 03:44 PM.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#147    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,338 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:31 AM

View PostAlien Being, on 20 February 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

View PostAlien Being, on 20 February 2010 - 12:07 PM, said:

I wish you would point out the source of this information because, trust me, it's patently absurd. I have studied Egypt for over twenty years and you will find nothing of the sort in any Egyptian pyramid. But of course this is obvious. The first Egyptian pyramid was built for Djoser around 2600 BCE. The Maya and their glyphic script would not exist for millennia after that.

Timelines, people. Observe proper timelines! That will at least get everyone going in the right direction.

And the "cocaine mummies" are not taken seriously in the scientific community. At best it's a matter of contamination, at worst (given the manner of examination this might be more likely) it's a hoax to which the uninformed media has attached itself like a giddy schoolgirl. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#148    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,735 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 21 February 2010 - 06:31 AM, said:

I wish you would point out the source of this information because, trust me, it's patently absurd. I have studied Egypt for over twenty years and you will find nothing of the sort in any Egyptian pyramid. But of course this is obvious. The first Egyptian pyramid was built for Djoser around 2600 BCE. The Maya and their glyphic script would not exist for millennia after that.

Timelines, people. Observe proper timelines! That will at least get everyone going in the right direction.

And the "cocaine mummies" are not taken seriously in the scientific community. At best it's a matter of contamination, at worst (given the manner of examination this might be more likely) it's a hoax to which the uninformed media has attached itself like a giddy schoolgirl. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, wasn't cocaine invented in the 19th Century? How was it supposed to have gotten to the mummies except by contamination? Time Travel? Coke dealing seems extraordinarily unlike Doctor Who, I have to say.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#149    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,735 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

View Postconzors, on 21 February 2010 - 05:14 PM, said:

Is Obama the clone of Akhenaten?

Barackhenaten & Renaissance Tiye with Radiance & Rosebud

President Barack Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten the father of monotheism. Michelle Obama looks amazingly like Akhenaten's mother, Queen Tiye. Akhenaten had two daughters by Nefertiti They look amazingly like Malia and Sasha. The code names of Renegade, Renaissance, Radiance and Rosebud correlate well with the ancient depiction of the Royal Family.

There's a whole forum of conspiracy theory loonies here you can debate this non-sense with. Hell, you could even start a thread here on it, if you were masochistic enough.

But it's not appropriate /at all/ in this particular thread.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#150    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

He also looks like this fellow:
Posted Image
Apparently he's also a clone of Kar.
Or, y'know, he's African, and looks like someone who's also African.
I'm two generations English, and have been told I'm a dead ringer for Prince Harry.

-Terry Pratchett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users