Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raptor Witness

Called an Omega Block, High Pressure System, it looks as if a giant fist of energy is blocking the rains in California.

If a plague is a conspiracy between the God(s,) and men, then who on earth benefits from its manifestation, if you belief in such things?

Attn: Large Animation File - Western United States GOES Satellite

17179117966_b50050d93a_o.gif

• Like 1

So...the conspiracy is between the God(s,) and men?

• Like 1

I can't be the only one who thought it looks like a mix between a jellyfish and a moving uterus.

• Like 6

So...the conspiracy is between the God(s,) and men?

Why not, we believe in almost every other sort of conspiracy here?

conspiracy

1. The act of two or more persons, called conspirators, working secretly to obtain some goal, usually understood with negative connotations.

plague.

2. A widespread affliction, calamity, or destructive influx, especially when seen as divine retribution.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Why not, we believe in most every other sort of conspiracy here?

No, really "we" don't.

conspiracy

1. The act of two or more persons, called conspirators, working secretly to obtain some goal, usually understood with negative connotations.

plague.

2. A widespread affliction, calamity, or destructive influx, especially when seen as divine retribution.

Yes, I have the ability to use dictionary .com as well.

Perhaps you would care to elaborate on the "conspiracy is between the God(s,) and men"

• Like 3

Called an Omega Block, High Pressure System, it looks as if a giant fist of energy is blocking the rains in California.

It's pretty cool. And quite common.

If a plague is a conspiracy between the God(s,) and men, then who on earth benefits from its manifestation, if you belief in such things?

Wait, what?

How is a plague a conspiracy between God and man? At most, God has warned one or two humans of the coming of a handful out of the hundreds of plagues that have occurred since the Bible was agreed upon. And what on Earth does it have to do with the weather phenomena known as an omega block?

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 3

God's and men both play harps.....or is that HAARP? Huh? God's and men conspiring to play HAARP? Get it? Get it? Huh?

• Like 1

Perhaps you would care to elaborate on the "conspiracy is between the God(s,) and men"

That's what a plague is, by definition. There's no need to elaborate on that.

However, the "God(s)" could even include "Mother Earth," because she clearly is a higher power.

What man or men benefit from such a "conspiracy," if you believe one exists, is the question?

Some will say this is a "plague," is why I'm asking.

Edited by Raptor Witness

That's what a plague is, by definition. There's no need to elaborate on that.

Not according to your dictionary definition.

California drought most severe in 1,200 years, study says - LA Times - Dec. 5, 2014

Ummmm ....Not so common ... this time.

Still common. Uncommon duration, sure, but we live in an age of such things.

And not so "cool," from what I've heard.

Yes, well, as these things so often do, I suspect it comes down to interpretation.

• Like 1

California drought most severe in 1,200 years, study says - LA Times - Dec. 5, 2014

Ummmm ....Not so common ... this time.

And not so "cool," from what I've heard.

Raptor.. you really need to check weather stuff more often. Omega blocks are somewhat common, there were a few Omega blocks last year, at least in January, April, July, November, and December by a quick look off the top of the list. It's just the shape of the weather, literally making an Omega shape.

• Like 2

I am all for conspiracy theories. I just can't see one here. Can you spell it out for me?

• Like 3

No conspiracy here. Next!

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

God's and men both play harps.....or is that HAARP? Huh? God's and men conspiring to play HAARP? Get it? Get it? Huh?

That's...

Actually, that's more logical than most of the conspiracies out there...

• Like 2

If a plague is a conspiracy between the God(s,) and men...

Please explain, because that statement by, and in and of itself, is just ludicrous.

Provide a factual example of that ever happening, please.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Governor Christie on Nor'easter following on the heels of hurricane Sandy: I'm Waiting for the Locusts Next - NBC News - Sep 20, 2013

I wonder if governor Jerry Brown will be making similar remarks, with an exodus before him?

Hollywood is just a modern version of "Broadway."

Edited by Raptor Witness

You questioned who would benefit from such a conspiracy. Care to elaborate? I guess I'm not imaginative enough to nail this down.

• Like 3

You questioned who would benefit from such a conspiracy. Care to elaborate? I guess I'm not imaginative enough to nail this down.

Ah the dust farmers, cacti farmers and lint industries. Without water California will be abandoned allowing all these economic sectors to expand quickly.

• Like 5

Some will say this is a "plague," is why I'm asking.

Yeah, since 2013 there have been at least...two...people. And they're obviously totally serious about it.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 6

Maybe they shouldn't have been dumb enough to think they had enough reservoirs over the last 50 years, even as the population exploded.

• Like 1

Governor Christie on Nor'easter following on the heels of hurricane Sandy: I'm Waiting for the Locusts Next - NBC News - Sep 20, 2013

I wonder if governor Jerry Brown will be making similar remarks, with an exodus before him?

Erm those quotes from New York are actually flippant and joking, and not at all remotely serious...

And just saying..... Hollywood is not just a modern version of Broadway... Hollywood is a filming industry area, and Broadway is a performance venue area. Hollywood as a filming industry area started in 1911- and Broadway in it's own didn't start till the 1920's-30's. The two areas evolved very differently as well. And interestingly enough, Broadway does not actually mean on the literal street- it refers to seating capacity of the 40 theaters in the theater district, with 500+ seats being Broadway, 100-499 being Off-Broadway, and 99 and under being Off-off-Broadway.

• Like 3

Attn: Large Animation File - Western United States GOES Satellite

17179117966_b50050d93a_o.gif

Nestle, I guess.

Please explain, because that statement by, and in and of itself, is just ludicrous.

Provide a factual example of that ever happening, please.

The creation of the camel?

• Like 1

Can you explain the purpose of this post?

I have a feeling you won't, but please consider it.

• Like 1

This thread is as full of Hot air as the Cali,coast ! Its gonna dry out people It gets hot there some centuries !