Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Nobody Gives You A Reading

Amberlight

Reason 1: You are new.

You haven't posted anywhere before and you may not come back. This gives people who read a reason to shy away. Why waste time on a person who flew in and might never come back. Get the know the community a bit more. Post in other places and prove you want to hang out awhile. It makes others think you are the real deal.

Reason 2: You gave an insufficient or a vague request.

Asking for "a reading" about you in general isn't a great way to get a successful reading. Be specific about what you want to know. Not all people that are gifted psychics or natural readers get the information the same way. Be concise and specific, it helps a lot when we know how to tune in to you or your question.

Reason 3: You are faceless, nameless, and voiceless.

Even if you are talking to a reader over the phone, they get a chance to hear your voice. That is a piece of you that contains your energy signature. On this website, most people have an screen name, an avatar that is not your photo, and no way to listen to you. Post a picture of you or the person you are talking about, upload a sound file or your voice, or simply tell us your name. The more of the person (human-ness) we see, the easier it is to tune into you and offer a reading.

Reason 4: You didn't believe us the first time.

If you post a bunch of "I want a reading" threads then get one but were unsatisfied, don't post more threads demanding more readings asking the same question. I recall a person who had a number of very insightful and perceptive readings on this board who kept asking people over and over again the same question. The question was answered, please either ask another question or move on. You will eventually get ignored. Oh yes, and please don't PM your readers wanting your question answered unless invited by them to do so.

Reason 5: You are a pain in the you know where.

This goes a bit with Reason 4. Demanding a reading to amuse you, to try to discredit people who play, to heckle or to prove it isn't real scares a lot of readers away. Being skeptical is fine (and quite healthy), but setting a person up for failure doesn't serve you or your reader. Be nice to your readers and have fun. Keep it into perspective that many (if not most) readers are simply practicing or just guessing. It's fun to be a reador and also be a readee if the spirit is kept in it's proper perspective.

Reason 6: You ask a very heavy or strange topic to read.

When you say that you think your friend is on the verge of suicide (OMG is it TRUE???), you think you might have a incurable disease, or are a general basket case, it shys the reader away. If you are having depressed thoughts or want to talk about your recent departed loved one and where they are, it is wise to seek professional help rather than us. A reader cannot know how fragile your state of mind might be. A call to a crisis line is free and trained professionals are there to listen to you 24/7.

Now have fun.

• Like 6

Great post i couldn't agree with you more on why alot of the people here who can give readings wont... If you really don't believe in {Readings} then why are you wasting our time...... :sleepy:

• Like 1

Hey, I actually like vague/no info., and when no one tells me what they want a reading on. I do better actually when the person gives me no information. The reason why I don't give everyone a reading is truthfully because I do not feel like their situation is critical, or I simply don't see it...or I am overbooked. So, there you go, or lastly I feel like I cannot read them.

Though I do agree with you on those that asks for a billion readings..which no I'm not going to give you all the readings and cut out everyone else..or like you said those that are like NOOOO your lying and come back for more..its like really? I love the ones that tell me I am wrong, then pm me months later to say o guess you are right, then ask for another reading!

Anywho excellent job on this thread.

Edited by puridalan
  • Like 3

I like this thread! I agree with pur though sometimes I do better with nothing.

• Like 1

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread. It may help streamline readings a bit more.

Feel free to add anymore tips, for people, to help get more quicker, efficient readings.

superman-1.gif Superman superman-1.gif

Unexplained Mysteries Senior Moderator

• Like 1

I don't give psychic tradings, but i've been doing Tarot readings for 13 years. My biggest reason for not giving some one a reading is respect. It takes a lot of energy for me to give some one a reading and when they dismiss my first reading and and ask for another because they not only want to know if "he" will ask them out or to marry, but they ant to know if they'll be rich, it makes me not want to read them again.

I had a friend that repeatedly asked me when her baby would be born. I repeatedly gave her June 18 as a date,she dismissed me. I never read her cards again. She went into labor on the 17th and the baby was born on the 18th.

I recently canceled a reading because the client was told by someone whose cards I have never read, that I told them they were going to be murdered by a man in black during a reading. I explained to them that it was disrespectful to make light of my beliefs, as I would not do that to them, and there for had to decline the request.

Its very frustrating some times.

I don't give psychic tradings, but i've been doing Tarot readings for 13 years. My biggest reason for not giving some one a reading is respect. It takes a lot of energy for me to give some one a reading and when they dismiss my first reading and and ask for another because they not only want to know if "he" will ask them out or to marry, but they ant to know if they'll be rich, it makes me not want to read them again.

I had a friend that repeatedly asked me when her baby would be born. I repeatedly gave her June 18 as a date,she dismissed me. I never read her cards again. She went into labor on the 17th and the baby was born on the 18th.

I recently canceled a reading because the client was told by someone whose cards I have never read, that I told them they were going to be murdered by a man in black during a reading. I explained to them that it was disrespectful to make light of my beliefs, as I would not do that to them, and there for had to decline the request.

Its very frustrating some times.

I agree. I have recently begun to learn tarot and the results are very interesting and accurate. It does take a lot of time and energy preparing for, then trying to interpret the cards. Every spread is done with respect and an open mind and I find all sorts of ways to look at a situation I never would have before because of the cards I was given. This has helped me tremendously.

I do hope to give readings one day, but like you mentioned, the dismissal of these readings are very troubling for me. It's like, "Why did you waste my time then?" Anybody who really cares about tarot as a way to receive insight should be willing to accept both the pleasant and not pleasant aspects of what it is trying to convey. I really believe the cards are not meant to tell the person what they want to hear but to give a balanced and honest accessment of the question. Sometimes that involves revealing that persons part to play in the problem, which is uncomfortable, but if taken in the perspective of getting help it is very insightful.

Glad to know you are a tarot reader, it takes a lot of study and knowledge to do what you do.

Hi there everyone :)

I just saw this when I was browsing around and I wondered if it was ok if I asked a question?.... All I want to know is why is it sometimes when you go for a reading you get refused? My cards were laid out before at a reading and then the lady looked at me and said she would not read my cards :( I was a bit shocked but never found out if there was a particular reason as to why she wouldnt do it...If someone can just answer that for me as it has bothered me for some time now I would be really grateful xx

Could of been simply that she was not able to read you, nobody can read everyone so don't be discouraged, it's not because you're a monster or anything haha

• Like 1

phew and there was me thinking I was about to sprout fangs and claws!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you have got me wondering why she couldn't read me lol

There can also be a good reason sometimes for why a person can't be read or over a specific matter. For the reader if they feel a block, simply can't connect or it's painful to try then it's something they should listen to and withdraw from. Not because of something bad but because it would be considered 'interfering' for some reason. It's a good sign when a reader can hold there hands up and say, sorry can't read you. won't. You then know they are truly listening and not some fake trying to fob you off with something vague.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that sounds more like it :) I had my cards done years ago and there was no problem but this time there was also while I was there and she was trying to do my cards the candle that was beside me was flickering like made when all the other candles on either side of it was totally still and the candle above kept falling out of its holder and landing beside me :S she kept putting it back up (it was in some sort of chandelier) and it kept falling down....it was the candle beside me though that I thought odd, only because it was going mental and the rest wasn't...I checked for drafts and there was none but even if there was a draft the other candles either side of it would be going mental to....but this candle was the candle I had been given while I was there and I was told it had to burn out totally but compared to all the others that were of the same size mine wouldnt burn down :( so I dont know if that makes it more helpful in figuring out why she wouldn't read me or if it was just a coincidence x

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips! I guess I should have read this thread before I sent a member a PM. Thanks again!

im always intrigued regarding readings. I do try to give honest questions to answer, and to see the results of what these can produce and i can imagine how much time gets wasted on people that clearly are wanting to use your time for nothing other than entertainment matters. Which is a shame.

• 3 months later...

Hiya, I am new. This is pretty exciting and I'll love to try new things. :) I hope to get a reading soon when I'll get to post some more stuffs around here. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this information, im new here and was looking for a reading regarding my dad. Now i have a better idea of how it works. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question for anyone here who's had success reading tarot for people over the Internet.

I've been reading tarot for almost 40 years, and I've never known it to work unless the person I'm reading for shuffles the cards themselves. Is there something I've been missing all along? I'm kind of stumped as to the mechanism that would allow the cards to line up for the seeker if the seeker isn't physically involved in the reading. I guess I've always been mystified as to how this sort of thing works for Internet and phone readers.

Anyone?

Edited by Auto-G

I have a question for anyone here who's had success reading tarot for people over the Internet.

I've been reading tarot for almost 40 years, and I've never known it to work unless the person I'm reading for shuffles the cards themselves. Is there something I've been missing all along? I'm kind of stumped as to the mechanism that would allow the cards to line up for the seeker if the seeker isn't physically involved in the reading. I guess I've always been mystified as to how this sort of thing works for Internet and phone readers.

Anyone?

I don't do Tarot but I get the concept. Wouldn't it work the same as if you did the shuffling on their behalf? I've always wanted to learn Tarot. You can practice on me if you wish. We could do it in PM too.

Hatch.

I don't do Tarot but I get the concept. Wouldn't it work the same as if you did the shuffling on their behalf? I've always wanted to learn Tarot. You can practice on me if you wish. We could do it in PM too.

Hatch.

The whole idea - from what I've ever known - involves the seeker's subconscious "shuffling the question into the cards" and bringing the appropriate cards to the top of the deck and in line for the layout. The concept is like what savants are capable of doing, and depends on the capacity of the seeker's brain to calculate the ongoing causal trajectories that exist within their own life and how those trajectories will likely intersect. That's why they say that a tarot reading only tells you what is probable if things continue in the same direction they're proceeding.

I don't know. I have no sense of the logical/causal connection between the cards and the seeker if the seeker never touches the cards. As it is, if the seeker isn't serious about the question or the reading as he/she is shuffling, then the reading is generally crap anyway. You can do readings any way you wish, but I guess I need to be able to make sense of the mechanics involved or else I'll just figure I'm playing with cards and making up stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Great thread and good advice to those hoping for a reading

• 4 weeks later...

I actually read this a few weeks before i posted it here but like an Idiot I forgot..or broke one of the rules...I gave out me and my husbands name, dumb dumb dumb...my bad

Hi, I've been reading the Tarot for about ten years now. I have had a few situations where a person has asked a specific question, yet, instead of showing an answer to the question asked, the reading will relate to another aspect/situation in that person's life. I firmly believe that when this happens, it is bringing something else far more significant to light, perhaps a situation that perhaps needs more attention, than the question they have asked. In my experience every single reading is unique in itself.

Edited by babz