Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The madness of king george

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,952 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

The Madness of King George
It’s easy to forget just how normal the madness looked back then. By 2009, when I arrived in Iraq, we were already at the last-gasp moment when it came to salvaging something from what may yet be seen as the single worst foreign policy decision in American history. It was then that, as a State Department officer assigned to lead two provincial reconstruction teams in eastern Iraq, I first walked into the  chicken processing plant in the middle of nowhere.
By then, the U.S. “reconstruction” plan for that country was drowning in rivers of money foolishly spent. As the centerpiece for those American efforts -- at least after  Plan A, that our invading troops would be greeted with flowers and sweets as  liberators, crashed and burned -- we had managed to reconstruct nothing of significance. First conceived as a  Marshall Plan for the New American Century, six long years later it had devolved into farce.
In my act of the play, the U.S. spent some $2.2 million dollars to build a  huge facility in the boondocks. Ignoring the stark reality that Iraqis had raised and sold chickens locally for some 2,000 years, the U.S. decided to finance the construction of a central processing facility, have the Iraqis running the plant purchase local chickens, pluck them and slice them up with complex machinery brought in from Chicago, package the breasts and wings in plastic wrap, and then truck it all to local grocery stores. Perhaps it was the desert heat, but this made sense at the time, and the plan was supported by the Army, the State Department, and the White House.
Elegant in conception, at least to us, it failed to account for a few simple things, like a lack of regular electricity, or logistics systems to bring the chickens to and from the plant, or working capital, or... um... grocery stores. As a result, the gleaming $2.2 million plant processed no chickens. To use a few of the catchwords of that moment, it transformed nothing, empowered no one, stabilized and economically uplifted not a single Iraqi. It just sat there empty, dark, and unused in the middle of the desert. Like the chickens, we were plucked.

http://www.alternet....-foreign-policy

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,869 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

George will be a scapegoat for the left for all eternity.... what a waste of time and effort... :w00t:

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#3    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

He was a ****wit fall guy so he deserves everything he gets.
In fact he deserves hanging for the murders he perpetrated so I am still waiting for the final act :D

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 08 March 2013 - 10:52 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#4    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,952 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm not really wanting a bash bush thread. We've had fun with that for years and will continue. It's the article that boils my blood. Why are not people held accountable. Whoever dreamed up this "madness" should be on the hook/JAIL for millions of a really stupid plan. It says the Army, State Dept and White House (not directly at Bush but others surely). And sure as a result of an election a bunch of those folks are no longer employed. But I'd be willing to bet there are some still around. Why can't we have the media give an accounting of whose dumb idea this was so that can be publicly pilloried.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#5    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,543 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Profit - corruption - the door keeps revolving and the media takes its cut.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#6    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postninjadude, on 08 March 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm not really wanting a bash bush thread. We've had fun with that for years and will continue. It's the article that boils my blood. Why are not people held accountable. Whoever dreamed up this "madness" should be on the hook/JAIL for millions of a really stupid plan. It says the Army, State Dept and White House (not directly at Bush but others surely). And sure as a result of an election a bunch of those folks are no longer employed. But I'd be willing to bet there are some still around. Why can't we have the media give an accounting of whose dumb idea this was so that can be publicly pilloried.

In a way i think we can finally agree on something ninja.How come these idiots from former and current administrations can get away with anything!They constantly break any and every law we have on the books in our country,yet being in public office somehow excludes them from ever being held responsible!We the people have sat back and let these people who are supposed to work for us become our rulers instead of our leaders.The media is backed by and owned by the very people who really have a say so in which candidates will run for office.They will never be allowed to turn in these former or current officials because it would cause to much of the public to scrutinize the type of people we keep putting in positions of power to run this country.PURE IDIOTS!!!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,441 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postand then, on 08 March 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

George will be a scapegoat for the left for all eternity.... what a waste of time and effort... :w00t:
Nah, he'll just be the scapegoat until the next bloke from the Republicans gets the job.
Then it'll always be their fault.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Saddam Hussein no longer terrorizes Iraq; the country has a chance at a normal history.

#9    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,108 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

All the billions and trillions of dollars wasted we are always crowing about and ninja tells us it's a pittance, pocket change, no sweat.
He discovers Bush may have had a hand in a two million dollar chicken plant and it's the madness of king George. What is going on?

Posted Image

#10    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 March 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

All the billions and trillions of dollars wasted we are always crowing about and ninja tells us it's a pittance, pocket change, no sweat.
He discovers Bush may have had a hand in a two million dollar chicken plant and it's the madness of king George. What is going on?

:lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#11    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,232 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

When did he refer himself as king? I would like to know.

and then: The left is always going to blame Bush for everything.

Av by me.

#12    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 March 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Saddam Hussein no longer terrorizes Iraq; the country has a chance at a normal history.
and yet life there is a lot worst that it was during saddam, just ask those that live there now.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,952 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 March 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

yep something like 6 billion in Iraq went straight into graft. And that's not even part of what the article talks about. You guys whine about a few thousand in salaries and a few millions that go to real foreign aid.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Hes upset because we refer to our new King Obama and we dont appropriately bow down in the Tiger Woods fashion.

#15    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,108 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

View Postninjadude, on 10 March 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

yep something like 6 billion in Iraq went straight into graft. And that's not even part of what the article talks about. You guys whine about a few thousand in salaries and a few millions that go to real foreign aid.
What's a graft? Who whines about salaries? Thought that was your ilk. And yes, most foreign aid is absurd. This chicken plant thing, I don't get it or what you're really talking about. Ok, the Iraq war and the madness of king George I might get. A two Illinois dollar chicken plant and the madness of king George, I don't. What the hell are you talking about? What's your point?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users