Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To Everyone Who Has Ever Judged Christians

QueenoftheNight

I Am Outraged. All I Hear On This Site Is How Bad ALL Christians Are. Let Me Enlighten All The People Who Post Topics Bashing The Religion Without Realizing What They Are Actually Saying. I Am Deeply Religious. I am A Christian. I Believe In Jesus and God. But There Is A Couple Things I am Not. I am Not Greedy, I Give Whenever I Can. I am Not Close Minded, I Have Studied And Learned About Many Religion.. Including Wicca. I Do Not Believe Most Of The Bible, Which MAN Wrote, I Am Scientific. I Believe What Jesus Has Said In His Own Words, Not What Man Interpreted Them To Be. I Don't Go To Church, For The One Reason That I Find Jesus In My Heart... Not In Stone and Wood, With A Man Claiming To Be Closer To God Then Everyone Else. I Believe No one Goes Straight To Hell, And Even Gays, Lesbians, and Satan Worshipers, And Murders Get A Chance In Heaven. The Point I am Trying To Make Is That Not All Christians Act and Think Like You Imply Them To. When You Make Posts Saying "The Truth About Christianity" and Imply That All Christians Act That Way Is Ignorance. That Is The Human Race. They Are Bad Christians Out There, Just Like There Is In Every Religion And Culture. That Doesn't Mean That Everyone Is Like That. Next Time, When You All Want To Post Something Bad About A Different Culture/Religion... Use The Words Some, Most, or Many. Not All, or Every. Believing In Jesus Is As Simple As Accepting Him Into Your Heart. Some People Confuse This and Complicate Things With Threat of Hell And Rules To Follow. That's Just In Our Nature as Humans. I am A Christian , And I Am Nothing Like You Judge Me To Be. no.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrl0469

• QueenoftheNight

• SilverCougar

• Stellar

heres my standings on religion

1st of all, i do not believe in it

2nd of all, i frankly feel people who believe in it, for the most part, are "lazy" thinkers

and 3rd of all i dont think religion dictacts what kind of person you are, i mean i do not believe in any religous anything and yet i probably am one of the nicest people you'll meet, where as there are preists who...well you know what im talking about

If you read the lot of the posts... People who act like religios fanatics, cramming thier beliefs down our throats, and saying that they know what's best for us... those are who we have a problem with.

People like Joc, on the other hand, who lets people worship and believe in whatever they want to.. while saying what he believes in, never gets yelled at or flamed.. (aside from the fanatics...)

That Is What I am Trying To Say. Religon Has Nothing To Do With Who You Are, But People Make It Seem Like Christians Are "Close Minded" "Greedy" And What Not.

I Don't Agree With Pushing Religon At People. What I Am Saying IS You Shouldnt Judge Them For It And Write Comments That Don't Imply To Everyone In That Certain Group

Edited by QueenoftheNight

I believe you are not and I agree with what you are saying...

But you have to understand that Christianity has a bad name. And unfortunatly people often generalise everything.

This post will remind them that their is always good and bad everywhere.

If you really wish to show this side of Christianity then one thing you coud do as well would be to stand up to those Christian who bring it down with their extremist ideas.

Just a tought happy.gif

ThePortal

I Do, Many Times. But, I Get Called "Not A True Christian" And A "Non-Believer"... I Stood Up To A Church Once About Gays and Lesbians, But They Just Ignored Me And Gave Me Nasty Looks.

And what of all the gross missunderstandings made by a huge numbers of christians about Pagans? About the Jewish, Abou the Muslims? Or about the Athiests?

What gives them the right to say Pagans are all Satan worshipers?

Once again, it's not all Christians I have a problem with... it's those who are the fanatics... And they tend to rile people up... don't yell at us, yell at them.

meaning no offense to any believers but, christianity and all other religions for that matter are cults, if you do not believe EVERYTHING last thing they speak of you are not true its pathetic really, out of all the cults in the world you would think the ones dedicated to thier creator would have some sort of tolerance, but they dont

I don't blame you for your thoughts. I know about the christians out there and what they do... I just want people to see that the religion itself is not like that, its the people doing it. Not everyone is like that, I just hate being judged by people when I am nothing like what they say. I can't stop anyone from changing their views and stop writing posts like that. I just want people to know that their are some people out there who are not like that. I am just as against the type of people like that as you are.

by the way seeking, I know just of what your saying. thats why I dont go to church. I dont believe in all those damned rules and what not. I think there made to control society and fit it into certain mans beliefs, not Gods

What gives them the right to say Pagans are all Satan worshipers?

It's a valid point SC. Problem is not with Christians, Jewish folks, Muslims or '57 Hubcaps worshipers, it's the people and the leaders.

As far as I can tell, none of the three major religions enspouse in the books that they have defining their beliefs. I.E. the Bible New and Old testament. The Koran, the or the Jewish Holy books. It is those who claim to know the teachings, and add their own ideals into it.

I was raised in the Catholic church, even being an alter boy. We were not encourage to read the Bible by the local priest, as it was HIS job to tell us what it said. So much for me remaining with the church. No offense to Catholics. Just not my cup of tea.

There are fanatics in every part of life. Religion, politics, business and so on.

got a few question for you Queenofthenight..no need to answer them here.Its only to make you think

how do you see Christian?

how do you think Christian see themselves?

what do you think Jesus or Good feels about Chritians and or Christianity?

do you really think you need to follow Christianity to follow Jesus and God teachings?

do you think Jesus or God would want you to follow a group that spreads fear and are judgemental?

Do you think that Jesus or God would be angry at you if you stop following Christian beliefs but that that you are still following Jesus and God teachings to the best of your abilities?

Do you think that Jesus and God would like you to follow their teachings and not being part of an organization that uses its name for good and bad things?

I understand that not all Christian are like that...but the truth is...MANY...MANY of them are. Even in church where it is supposed to be the true image of Chritianity, they are close minded, judgmental, and spread fear to those who do not believe or make mistakes.

Do you think Jesus and God wished that? Do you think that Jesus came all the way here to teach us to do that?

Do you need to be part of a group to be close to Jesus and God?

Do you need a priest to tell you what to believe?

if i was to ask all of you what kinds of things do you think im interested in, i can almost garentee none of you will guess it, based on the topics of my interest on this site (mysteries of mind space and time, and space science and technology, and the computing and the internet forum)

none of you probably expected me to listen to gangsta rap, or do graffiti, or tune cars, based on the topics i enjoy i sound like a nerd..well i consider my self a nerd actually, but not the stereotypical one, basically what im saying is you cant judge a book by its cover, and yes religion does that

Theportal- To answer your question.. I personally don't think Jesus approves at "Christianity". I couldn't say I follow it, but what else can I call myself? I believe in Jesus, God, and my own moral beiefs and what not.. I just don't agree with christianity and the way it teaches about Jesus. I don't know what you would call someone like me, that is way I use the term "Christian"

I Am Outraged. All I Hear On This Site Is How Bad ALL Christians Are. Let Me Enlighten All The People Who Post Topics Bashing The Religion Without Realizing What They Are Actually Saying. I Am Deeply Religious. I am A Christian. I Believe In Jesus and God. But There Is A Couple Things I am Not. I am Not Greedy, I Give Whenever I Can. I am Not Close Minded, I Have Studied And Learned About Many Religion.. Including Wicca. I Do Not Believe Most Of The Bible, Which MAN Wrote, I Am Scientific. I Believe What Jesus Has Said In His Own Words, Not What Man Interpreted Them To Be. I Don't Go To Church, For The One Reason That I Find Jesus In My Heart... Not In Stone and Wood, With A Man Claiming To Be Closer To God Then Everyone Else. I Believe No one Goes Straight To Hell, And Even Gays, Lesbians, and Satan Worshipers, And Murders Get A Chance In Heaven. The Point I am Trying To Make Is That Not All Christians Act and Think Like You Imply Them To. When You Make Posts Saying "The Truth About Christianity" and Imply That All Christians Act That Way Is Ignorance. That Is The Human Race. They Are Bad Christians Out There, Just Like There Is In Every Religion And Culture. That Doesn't Mean That Everyone Is Like That. Next Time, When You All Want To Post Something Bad About A Different Culture/Religion... Use The Words Some, Most, or Many. Not All, or Every. Believing In Jesus Is As Simple As Accepting Him Into Your Heart. Some People Confuse This and Complicate Things With Threat of Hell And Rules To Follow. That's Just In Our Nature as Humans. I am A Christian , And I Am Nothing Like You Judge Me To Be. no.gif

451411[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm deeply religious too, and when someone made a post here about me you said and I quote 'I don't know who Ashley is, and I don't think I want to know'. The 'war' here which involved me was because I was talking about God, and I wouldn't back down when people started bashing, without ever really giving me a chance to explain what I was talking about.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Theportal- To answer your question.. I personally don't think Jesus approves at "Christianity". I couldn't say I follow it, but what else can I call myself? I believe in Jesus, God, and my own moral beiefs and what not.. I just don't agree with christianity and the way it teaches about Jesus. I don't know what you would call someone like me, that is way I use the term "Christian"

451478[/snapback]

Why would you need to call yourself anything?

First it is not only Christianity who follow Jesus teachings. Not that I am saying to change religion. It is only to show that Christain are not the only one.

Further more, I have knowned many people who follow Jesus teachings and believe in God but do not take part in any particular religion. Spirituality is a personnal thing to start with. You relationship with God is yours and yours alone.

Jesus was a very wise man and a teacher. I do not see any need to be part of a religion to listen to is wise words. I for one listen to many such wise teachers and do not follow any religion. What do I call myself, nothing at all wink2.gif Only a spiritual person who listen to wisdom and love and strive to always be a better person.

The problem is that if you choose to call yourself Christian, then you have to take everything that comes with it, the good and the bad. Same thing if you do not.

If you call yourself Christian, those who do not believe is this religion or no religion will question you and will not be afraid to let you know how they see Christianity and will wonder why you follow such things.

If you dont call yourself Christian, then the Christian will perhaps judge you, tell you that you will go to hell or that you are not a true believer.

Whatever you choose, some will support you, some won't.

But what is really important is your relationship with Jesus and God. What others think is totally irrelevent.

Do what you think is best, stand up to what you believe in and know to be true and dont be afraid of opposition. Wherever you are you will encounter some. Unfortunatly there is no way around that. So better be in a position where you know your true feelings lies wink2.gif

Good luck and be well

ThePortal

I just don't think you should judge people if you've never even met them in person... hmm.gif

I just don't think you should judge people if you've never even met them in person...  hmm.gif

451647[/snapback]

No, you shouldn't. What comes across from a computer screen isn't the be all and end all of a person.

In fact, you're not supposed to judge at all. It was written that men were not made for the purpose of judgement. Leave that to God, Jesus, the Irin Qaddism, etc.

I too was born and baptized a catholic, but I don't really follow it. I myself (my brother gave the idea) would rather interpret the bible my own way, not the way a certain religion does. My grandma was telling me that when she was in highschool (she went to a catholic school), she asked one of the nuns why they don't teach out of the bible and the nun said that they didn't want the students interpreting it differently.

And about the believing in God and not being christian deal, if you believe in God and that Jesus died for our sins, you are a christian. There's different types of christianity like catholicism, methodist, presbyterian, etc. So you can't say you believe in God and Jesus and say you aren't christian.

I disagree. What Portal said has kinda opened my eyes. I love Jesus, I love God.. I listen to Jesus words and teachings. Just because I don't believe in the ways and teachings of the Christian religion.. I can't continue to believe in him? If that is what most Christians believe, Then why would I want to be a part of that group? I get nasty looks and cursed to hell for voicing my opinion in church? I believe everyone gets a chance to go to heaven, not just people who are perfectly "right". I am Spiritual, and I choose to follow my own beliefs and path, not those of others.

I disagree. What Portal said has kinda opened my eyes. I love Jesus, I love God.. I listen to Jesus words and teachings. Just because I don't believe in the ways and teachings of the Christian religion.. I can't continue to believe in him? If that is what most Christians believe, Then why would I want to be a part of that group? I get nasty looks and cursed to hell for voicing my opinion in church? I believe everyone gets a chance to go to heaven, not just people who are perfectly "right". I am Spiritual, and I choose to follow my own beliefs and path, not those of others.

452127[/snapback]

Then it sounds like you're ready to go your own path away... and if God and Jesus is on that path, then it sounds right for you. You don't need a title or a name.. just your faith.

Then it sounds like you're ready to go your own path away... and if God and Jesus is on that path, then it sounds right for you. You don't need a title or a name.. just your faith.

IMO and to agree a great deal with SC. Religion and Faith are two different things.

I follow the teachings of Christ, I have read the bible and believe it is the inspired word of God. I do not nor will I ever belong to a church. I am not a religious person, but a person of faith.

I try and not judge people, but alas, I am human and have the same problems with judgement that others do. Much to my own regrets.

Faith and belief is a personal matter, it does not need a priest, rabbi or cleric to tell me what I feel in my heart and soul is right.

Peace to all. And may your God shine down upon you.

452127[/snapback]

Ok, just for the record, I don't follow every rule of Christianity here. Enoch is not a canonized book, and alot of the Christian *rules* are so man-made and Medievil that it can make you squirm. I do however, incorporate some of Judiasm's rules into what I believe because it is the root of Christianity, and the bottom line is, I do believe in God, and Jesus, and Mary, etc, but it's about about the religion. Religion is the system, not the belief.