Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UKIP 'Now The UK's Third Largest Party'

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

The UK Independence Party has surged to a record poll rating, knocking the Liberal Democrats into fourth place.

http://news.sky.com/...d-largest-party

How long can Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ignore the growing unpopularity of the UK's membership of the EU?

Edited by skookum, 16 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

#2    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postskookum, on 16 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

How long can Cameron, Clegg and Miliband ignore the growing unpopularity of the UK's membership of the EU?

Clegg can ignore it because UKIP are now bigger than his party already.  It's too late for the pro-EU LibDumbs.  His party are now dead.

The only way Cameron can stop UKIP becoming more popular by taking votes from his party - because that is mainly what's happening - is to give the British people the EU in/out referendum that most of them want by the 2015 General Election.  If he does that the Tories will win that election.  If he doesn't then UKIP's rise will only accelerate and the Tories will lose voters to them.

The best thing for the Tories to do is to give us the referendum - and to do so soon - so we can vote to leave the EU (which polls say would happen in such a referendum).  This will stop the rise of UKIP and ensure the Tories win the next election.

Anyway, this is good news that UKIP are now Britain's third party, especially with them having pushed a Lefty Liberal party into non-entity status.  This just reflects the fact that the British public are, in the main, at the centre-right of politics.

I also remember having an argument with someone in another thread in this section because they were trying to tell me that there isn't enough proof of my claim that UKIP are now the UK's third party.  I think these polls have provided that proof.

These are going to be dark days indeed for British europhiles.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 16 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Makes me laugh how so many people want the UK to not be a part of the EU. Yet it's one step closer to bringing the world together. Making it closer to peace.

It's like I cna't understand for the life of me why people want Scottish independace from the UK. I'm Scottish and think it's a stupid idea.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,573 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

its good news UKIP have in a very short time become noticed in British politics. but they still have a long, long way to go, they still have no elected MP's but do have 12 MEP's but i have a feeling it wont be long before we see a UKIP Member of parliament. i can see a few defectors from the Tory party crossing over. what UKIP needs is some Tory heavyweights to defect.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#5    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think we'll see the first UKIP MP in 2015, especially if no referendum is forthcoming.

#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

The greatest danger is that UKIP will split the Tory vote and give the 'Balls and Milliband Flying Circus' another chance to spend all the money we haven't got!

Edited by ealdwita, 16 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#7    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 16 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

Clegg can ignore it because UKIP are now bigger than his party already.  It's too late for the pro-EU LibDumbs.  His party are now dead.

The only way Cameron can stop UKIP becoming more popular by taking votes from his party - because that is mainly what's happening - is to give the British people the EU in/out referendum that most of them want by the 2015 General Election.  If he does that the Tories will win that election.  If he doesn't then UKIP's rise will only accelerate and the Tories will lose voters to them.

The best thing for the Tories to do is to give us the referendum - and to do so soon - so we can vote to leave the EU (which polls say would happen in such a referendum).  This will stop the rise of UKIP and ensure the Tories win the next election.

Anyway, this is good news that UKIP are now Britain's third party, especially with them having pushed a Lefty Liberal party into non-entity status.  This just reflects the fact that the British public are, in the main, at the centre-right of politics.

I also remember having an argument with someone in another thread in this section because they were trying to tell me that there isn't enough proof of my claim that UKIP are now the UK's third party.  I think these polls have provided that proof.

These are going to be dark days indeed for British europhiles.

UKIP arent big enough to contest every seat they still have growth to do.

If they contested every seat at the next election they would have a landslide majority.

#8    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postskookum, on 16 December 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

The problem with Ukip is that they are, very much, a one issue party. Everything seems to be about the EU, or because or the EU to them. They seem to think the EU is making us do this, or not doing that, even when that's not the case at all. If they want to be taken seriously they have to do more than just bleat about the EU because, seriously, there's much more issues than the EU and getting us out of it isn't some 'magic bullet' that's going to solve every single issue.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,465 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Rule Brittania !!! yer well at the moment its Brussels Rules Brittania.Its time we sorted the Euro's out,politically I mean, we Brits want home rule.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#10    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,494 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postealdwita, on 16 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

The greatest danger is that UKIP will split the Tory vote and give the 'Balls and Milliband Flying Circus' another chance to spend all the money we haven't got!

Yeah, because the Tories are doing *great* with the economy the moment.

Edited by Emma_Acid, 17 December 2012 - 01:24 AM.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#11    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,433 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 17 December 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Yeah, because the Tories are doing *great* with the economy the moment.

Yeah but we can't get away from who made the mess 12 years of Labour borrowing £4 for every £5 they spent.  

According to the polls it looks inevitable that we will end up with another Labour government. If they pick up were the last Labour Government left off, as Balls has indicated,  I dread to think what mess the country will be left in.

Edited by skookum, 17 December 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

#12    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 16 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

The problem with Ukip is that they are, very much, a one issue party. Everything seems to be about the EU, or because or the EU to them. They seem to think the EU is making us do this, or not doing that, even when that's not the case at all. If they want to be taken seriously they have to do more than just bleat about the EU because, seriously, there's much more issues than the EU and getting us out of it isn't some 'magic bullet' that's going to solve every single issue.

Its ironic that the only party offering every policy which the British public wants cant get elected because its a PR disaster (BNP). That leaves us with UKIP who are scared of being anti-immigration or the Conservatives who wont do anything unless they have too.

Of course what will happen is that as UKIP become a threat the Conservatives will pull the rug out from under them by having an EU referendum. A nice strategic move but why do they only act when they have too?

#13    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Guido Fawkes.......Where are you when you're needed?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#14    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,191 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

When I think of UKIP i think of Morrisons

#15    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

View Postskookum, on 17 December 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yeah but we can't get away from who made the mess 12 years of Labour borrowing £4 for every £5 they spent.  

According to the polls it looks inevitable that we will end up with another Labour government. If they pick up were the last Labour Government left off, as Balls has indicated,  I dread to think what mess the country will be left in.

I don't doubt that 'Labour' have the majority of blame to shoulder, but it was conservatives who de-regulated the banks, giving them the power to behave in the way they did. That's the real reason the economy is in the toilet.

It wouldn't have made much of a difference to our economy either way. All parties in our government are there to serve the elites, regardless of who is in charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users