Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Micro-psi and string theory

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Brendan D. Murphy: In few, if any, science textbooks or records of Nobel laureates will you find the name of a bona fide and publicly acknowledged occultist or clairvoyant. This, however, is not because such individuals never contributed anything to the history of science. On the contrary, it is due to a profound hubris and acute myopia within the institution of Science that talented metaphysical pioneers have not been credited with scientific discoveries and insights that were ahead of their time. In this material, excerpted from Chapter 6 of my upcoming book The Grand Illusion, we hone in on the startling work of two such metaphysicists in particular.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

• Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

I can't believe you don't get more comments. I'm a fan!

As a psychic, I predicted a blackhole in the center of every solar system, (and universe) long before they discovered them. And I predicted they would never prove the God particle, and instead they discovered subparticles that go faster than the speed of light, which I predict they will announce in a news conference that has be rescheduled to last week.

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,055 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

View PostYinarchy, on 05 December 2011 - 05:21 AM, said:

As a psychic, I predicted a blackhole in the center of every solar system, (and universe) long before they discovered them.
I guess you were wrong then.

#4    randym23

randym23

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• the question IS the answer

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

there is no black hole in our solar system. there is, however, evidence of one at the center of our galaxy...and possibly all galaxies.

and visit my site:
Posted Image

#5    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 134 posts

• Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Yes, I should have said, evidence of a black hole in the center of every galaxy. Not, I predict there is and now there is evidence. You cannot prove anything! Science is meaningless. Always has to have proof! I know there is a black hole in the center of every galaxy. Prove me wrong!

#6    Brendan D. Murphy

Brendan D. Murphy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

• Real scientific endeavour does not dictate what ‘should’ be. Ideally, it designs a sound protocol through which nature can reveal what is. —BDM

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

I can't believe you don't get more comments. I'm a fan!

As a psychic, I predicted a blackhole in the center of every solar system, (and universe) long before they discovered them. And I predicted they would never prove the God particle, and instead they discovered subparticles that go faster than the speed of light, which I predict they will announce in a news conference that has be rescheduled to last week.

Thanks, Yinarchy. 8)  Drop by my FB pages some time if you like the material--a psychic would find a lot of gratification in the TGI material!

BDM

PS: I think you're pretty right about the 'black hole' idea. David Sereda has made some interesting speculations on this idea, as have others. I also have some interesting material on superluminal effects in TGI--the 'light speed limit' has taken a beating from modern science! We're talking superluminal speeds billions of times faster than light (which, interestingly, is something Sereda's 'Gravity Clock' model predicted!). B)

New personal fan page: www.facebook.com/Brendan.D.Murphy.Fan.Page
The Grand Illusion book fan page: www.facebook.com/The.Grand.Illusion.Books
"The separation of the two—-matter and spirit-—is an abstraction. The ground is always one." —-David Bohm
"Any sort of superstition is fatal to the student of the spiritual." –-Rudolph Steiner
"Don't identify with the mere bodily instrument. You are the vast consciousness animating it." --BDM

#7    dcp-j125

dcp-j125

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:09 AM

Thanks Brendan for the interesting article. Note that reference 15 is incorrect. It should read Jay Alfred’s ‘Our Invisible Bodies’ (not ‘Subtle’). It should also be noted that ‘using plasma dynamics to explain metaphysics’ is a key idea in ‘Our Invisible Bodies’. Jay has also written several books and numerous articles using this approach, some of which can be found in his column on this website. A compilation of some of these articles, called Dark Earth, can also be downloaded free from [url="http://www.free-ebooks.net/author/jay-alfred"]

#8    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

View PostYinarchy, on 06 December 2011 - 02:52 AM, said:

Yes, I should have said, evidence of a black hole in the center of every galaxy. Not, I predict there is and now there is evidence. You cannot prove anything! Science is meaningless. Always has to have proof! I know there is a black hole in the center of every galaxy. Prove me wrong!

I know there is a dollar bill somewhere on Pluto. Prove me wrong!........

God help us.

..sigh...

#9    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,246 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Sigh....super luminal speeds exceeding billions of times that of the speed of light and David Sereda.....yeah, right. Good grief :blink:

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#10    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

Its human nature for humans to overlook one another s attributes and potentials..psychics or not, just because of beings creating boundaries on top of other boundaries usually.

#11    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,338 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

Mr Murphy,

In few, if any, science textbooks or records of Nobel laureates will you find the name of a bona fide and publicly acknowledged occultist or clairvoyant. This, however, is not because such individuals never contributed anything to the history of science.

Might I suggest the above is misleading?

To be accurate, it should read "In few, if any, science textbooks or records of Nobel Laureates, will you find any advance to our knowledge of science brought about through the practice of occultism and/or claivoyance. This is not to say no occultist or clairvoyant has made any contribution to science, it is just that they have not done so through using the 'discplines' mentioned."

I appreciate you wished the piece to reflect your opinion that occultists and/or clairvoyants have identified/predicted scientific knowledge or principles using those non-scientific practices, but the truth is that the claims of those occultists and/or clairvoyants do not include the necessary mechanisms for their testing and reproducibility - which are criteria for the announcement of such findings as 'science'.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users