Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the deal with Scorpios?

emberdawn

Some people love them some don't. Some think they are born with unique qualities while others concider them evil. I have not met a lot of Scorpios but the ones I have seem to be nice. I do know that when the want something they really don't allow things to stand in their way, and when others give up they stick with it until the goal is accomplished. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

My sisters are both Scorpios. They're great gals, smart but they stand by their convictions like nobody else. Incidentally, this topic allows me to use this image:

Vriskadance.gif

• Like 2

I don't know much about astrology signs but I do have an interesting story concerning them. I am Scorpio (10/24) and when my wife and I decided to adopt from China we put the decision of who our child would be in the hands of a bureaucrat there. We believe that our daughter was chosen for us based on her "sign" being the same as my own. It sounds silly but looking back, there is no way my daughter could have been any more like me if she had been a biological daughter! Moods, mannerisms, likes in music and movies.... just unbelievable. So I don't know if there are any special abilities involved but I do know that loyalty and anger both can be overdone by myself at times.

• Like 1

The reputation Scorpios have is a bad wrap: they are strong, self-efficient and doesn't accept nothing to lower themselves, Scorpios are the anti-heroes of the astrological zodiac. Personally, I have two family members who are Tauruses (Mother and brother) and Sagittarius (Father and half-sister) whom I tried hard to get along, but I love them as an accepting tolerant Aquarius I am. Taurus can be bossy, pushy and demanding for perfection, while I noticed Sagittarians share some of the traits. Scorpio and also Aries, the first sign of the astrological year share the ruling planet Mars (war-like) and Pluto (negative emotions). The traits of Scorpios & Aries, and my parents' signs are "tough, rough-and-ready" personalities and women in those signs tend to be alpha-feminine types, but don't take astrology's word for it. Luckily, I'm married to a Cancer and I gotten along well with Cancers, but they hold some compatiability to Aquarians.

• Like 1

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah

• Like 2

Nasty little beasties, Scorpios, especially that stinging tail. Although I'm told the bigger the claws the smaller the sting/venom....

• Like 1

Surely Science does not allow this to be true, aye? AYE? I used to "follow" my sign when I was a young lad. Funny how easy it is to be sucked in by the simpleness of suggestibility?

• Like 2

Then when I analyzed everything that is merely suggestible, I was able to clean out my mental locker.

• Like 2

As my brithday's right on the boundary between Scorpio and Saggitarius, I like to think that I'm a blend iof the best points of both. :innocent: I realise there may be scientific basis for this assumption, but people say that about Astrology as a whole, sio why should we listen to them. :cry:

• Like 1

If you go back 9 months you end up in February. I'm guessing a lot of Scorpios were possibly conceived on Valentines Day. I thought that was kind of interesting.

• Like 2

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

• Like 7

If you go back 9 months you end up in February. I'm guessing a lot of Scorpios were possibly conceived on Valentines Day. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Aww, that's just cute.

Hello Lilly from what I understand Scorpio's are some of the most loving, loyal, and protective people. That and they have beautiful eyes and deep thoughts

• Like 2

Scorpio here. I'm not evil, and I don't enjoy hurting people. I dislike confrontation and would rather walk away. I'm very stubborn.

• Like 3

i have been in a relationship with a scorpio for over 8 years and he is the kindest funniest most generous person i have ever met.

driven, dedicated, compassionate, loving, selfless.

so there ya go

• Like 2

Hello Lilly from what I understand Scorpio's are some of the most loving, loyal, and protective people. That and they have beautiful eyes and deep thoughts

Very much, in fact, like Labradors.

• Like 2

From what I understand, not a lot signs get along with Scorpio but my sign (Cancer) apparently gets along with them really well, I can't really attest to this because I've never known any Scorpios (to my knowledge anyway).

• Like 1

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

You can't use yourself as a control element, that's way too bias.

You can't use yourself as a control element, that's way too bias.

Oh, I'm not doing a study..just giving my personal opinion.

BTW, astrology isn't scientifically valid anyway.

Sorry this wasn't meant to be mean. Trying to understand why they get such a bad rap when they are usually gentle loving people. I have heard them called demon spawn, deviants, sexual pervs, dishonest, back stabbing, evil, mobile homes for demons, not worth marrying because they can't be loyal. Just trying trying to enlighten. My friend asked her mom why people do what they do to her. Her mom turned around and casually said " because your a Scorpio" ???? "really" ????

dont know anything bought sign and stuff but im a torus so idk if that's good or bad.

all signs are good. Taurus is strong sign and compatible with Scorpios. I feel sorry for those who get in the way of what you want they might end up with hoof marks on their backs. Lol
  • Like 1

We are no such things, we're actually one of the most loving, trustful, and passionate signs of all, a bit possesive perhaps but no sign is perfect.

People just want to hate one way or the other...It's human nature.

Atleast we have Capricorns...our strongest allies. They love us...

Edited by Alex01
  • Like 1