Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Evidence - Top 10 UFO Cases

Big Bad Voodoo

As for the Nuremberg wood carving from 1561, I have no explanation for that one. Never have. Ditto for the Skylab UFO in 1973, an 800-foot UFO that was 20-30 miles away. I regard that as a good UFO case. I do agree that the astronauts were always the cream of the crop, the "best of the best", and that if they saw UFOs out there then they were real.

I think the witnesses were telling the truth about Malmstrom in 1967, and the ravings of James Carlson never convinced me otherwise. Not at all, in fact. There have been other instances of UFO interference with missiles over the years.

Shag Harbor is one of the best UFO cases of all time, and better-documented than most, although we still don't have the complete record of what the divers saw down there. That's the point where the screen usually gets put up, at the moment they get really close to the ETs or whatever they are.

From history, I know that the treatment of "primitives in the neighborhood" has never been very good, to put it mildly, and that some empires will attempt to control them or feel they have some kind of mission to "civilize' them.

• Like 3

Great post,

Very compelling evidence especially the texas sighting by the USAF with the signal coming from the the UFO.

Raises all the right questions for me!

• Like 1

excellent post!! Was it just me or did the female narrating sound sexy as hell

excellent post!! Was it just me or did the female narrating sound sexy as hell

That was pretty much all I got from that clip aswell. The rest was just the same ol same.

That was pretty much all I got from that clip aswell. The rest was just the same ol same.

Yeah because it's usually not a female voice narrating, I liked it

Real good video, and liked the female narration as well...

I wish we could harnass that underwater technology so that we humans could finally explore the biggest mystery of our own planet. The depths...

There has got to be a way to reduce friction underwater and achieve better speed and depths. At the rate we are going it would take a Thousand years to map and cover all the deep water in the world, salt and fresh.

* NOTE - that's my own exaggeration of time but it seems like progress there is slow and at the low end of dollars going into it.

Just my 2cents

• 4 weeks later...

As for the Nuremberg wood carving from 1561, I have no explanation for that one. Never have. Ditto for the Skylab UFO in 1973, an 800-foot UFO that was 20-30 miles away. I regard that as a good UFO case. I do agree that the astronauts were always the cream of the crop, the "best of the best", and that if they saw UFOs out there then they were real.

How did the astronauts measure the distance as 20-30 miles?

Can any case be 'good' if nobody but believers gets to comment on it?

I always found it curious that the lines-of-sight to the Trent/McMinnville object crossed beneath an overhead power line that was usually conveniently cropped out of most published versions of the photos, and one other photo on the same roll had one of the Trent kids standing by a stepladder in the yard with a mischievous grin on his face. I'd bet not 1 UFO buff in 1,000,000 has ever seen -- or been shown -- THAT photo. Anybody hereabouts?

How did the astronauts measure the distance as 20-30 miles?

Can any case be 'good' if nobody but believers gets to comment on it?

I saw how this was done. Sorry I don't have the source link anymore.

If I recall, the astronauts noted the object was travelling the same speed as they were. As they orbited they measured the time it passed into Earth's shadow (or out of, can't recall which) then noted how long before they passed into (or out of) the shadow. Knowing their orbital speed, they then calculated the approximate distance to the object. Using that distance and the angular distance from one end of the object to the other, they could calculate the length of the UFO.

It was something like that. The method and math used were very understandable.

I always found it curious that the lines-of-sight to the Trent/McMinnville object crossed beneath an overhead power line that was usually conveniently cropped out of most published versions of the photos, and one other photo on the same roll had one of the Trent kids standing by a stepladder in the yard with a mischievous grin on his face. I'd bet not 1 UFO buff in 1,000,000 has ever seen -- or been shown -- THAT photo. Anybody hereabouts?

The pic of the kid on a ladder has been shown around here a few times. Dismissed by those that believe the UFO angle, as usual of course. Too much for just a coincidence in my opinion.

There has got to be a way to reduce friction underwater and achieve better speed and depths.

Just my 2cents

I thought this was acheived by heating the outer shell of an abject so that it boils the water around it creating air bubbles. That way its like passing through air instead of water. As for depths thats a different matter.

ITs good to have questions,and answers,the Trick is Getting the Facts . That would answer a lot of these cases. Too many loose ends. :tu:

Great commits Jim !

Caught you on NASA's Unexplained Files. Pretty cool.

Real good video, and liked the female narration as well...

I wish we could harnass that underwater technology so that we humans could finally explore the biggest mystery of our own planet. The depths...

There has got to be a way to reduce friction underwater and achieve better speed and depths. At the rate we are going it would take a Thousand years to map and cover all the deep water in the world, salt and fresh.

* NOTE - that's my own exaggeration of time but it seems like progress there is slow and at the low end of dollars going into it.

Just my 2cents

I saw something the Russians were doing years ago. They were researching high-speed torpedoes. It involved the torpedo releasing compressed air through it's tip so that it was travelling through an envelope of air while underwater. Not sure of the success though, it was shrouded in the usual cold-war style, cloak and dagger secrecy.

Also heard some chatter about oceanic mapping. The idea involves hundreds of small robotic submarines being released in all the World's oceans. They would be programmed with search parameters and conduct detailed grid surveys of all the oceans using radar etc. The data would be communicated back via satellite. One of the problems was power to keep them going. There was some talk about nuclear power, but that would freak out the environmentalists knowing hundreds of reactor are swimming about on their own.

I believe it was one of the oil-giants that were toying with the idea.

I saw something the Russians were doing years ago. They were researching high-speed torpedoes. It involved the torpedo releasing compressed air through it's tip so that it was travelling through an envelope of air while underwater. Not sure of the success though, it was shrouded in the usual cold-war style, cloak and dagger secrecy.

Also heard some chatter about oceanic mapping. The idea involves hundreds of small robotic submarines being released in all the World's oceans. They would be programmed with search parameters and conduct detailed grid surveys of all the oceans using radar etc. The data would be communicated back via satellite. One of the problems was power to keep them going. There was some talk about nuclear power, but that would freak out the environmentalists knowing hundreds of reactor are swimming about on their own.

I believe it was one of the oil-giants that were toying with the idea.

Usually great Ideas require a ton of money behind them but If it was the government they probably had it covered, atleast with the funding aspect

I was thinking of bothering, but when i saw it was You Tube, and not only that, a YouTubE feature film, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. It sounds very much like the same old all over again, is it?

I was thinking of bothering, but when i saw it was You Tube, and not only that, a YouTubE feature film, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. It sounds very much like the same old all over again, is it?

If it contains true information then watch it wherever it is from.

If it contains true information

indeed, there's the question, isn't it.

If it contains true information then watch it wherever it is from.

What is true information? White van or blue van? What is true?

The Soviet high-speed torpedo was the Shkval, it's main problem was it was unguided -- it couldn't track its target.

The slow survey unmanned small subs are another project, they're already out there, measuring ocean conditions. Not Russian, American.

I saw how this was done. Sorry I don't have the source link anymore.

If I recall, the astronauts noted the object was travelling the same speed as they were. As they orbited they measured the time it passed into Earth's shadow (or out of, can't recall which) then noted how long before they passed into (or out of) the shadow. Knowing their orbital speed, they then calculated the approximate distance to the object. Using that distance and the angular distance from one end of the object to the other, they could calculate the length of the UFO.

It was something like that. The method and math used were very understandable.

You did see a real presentation but I think it was pretty garbled, because even in your version, you can see how 'measuring the distance' required you to start with 'knowing the distance'.

But you're right, they did notice the object seemed to go into shadow a number of seconds before the SkylaB did.

Now, that can be converted into a distasnce if you assume same altitude -- not measurable directly -- AND you assume there were no OTHER shadows it could have gone into to explain it going dark.

The Skylab wardroom window was on the 'backward facing' side of the station. Near sunset, as they are flying away from the sun, where do you suppose there was ANOTHER shadow zone [not Earth's shadow] that fills a large part of the space outside the window?

You did see a real presentation but I think it was pretty garbled, because even in your version, you can see how 'measuring the distance' required you to start with 'knowing the distance'.

But you're right, they did notice the object seemed to go into shadow a number of seconds before the SkylaB did.

Now, that can be converted into a distasnce if you assume same altitude -- not measurable directly -- AND you assume there were no OTHER shadows it could have gone into to explain it going dark.

The Skylab wardroom window was on the 'backward facing' side of the station. Near sunset, as they are flying away from the sun, where do you suppose there was ANOTHER shadow zone [not Earth's shadow] that fills a large part of the space outside the window?

As I've said before, I do my research. Yes I am aware that things other than sunsets create shadows.

I was recalling the methodology from memory from something I read probably about 20 years ago.

I see you've clarified your position on it here:

http://debunker.com/texts/SkylabUFO_1973.html

• 2 months later...

Is this post above by James Oberg, and the post by Anthony Bragalia below ... the final proof that "Debunkers" such as 'Jimmy-boy' cannot be trusted, and that he and his ilk will deploy any false information in their quest to debunk cases, whether genuine or not !..?

http://bragalia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-mcminnville-ufo-ladder-boy-brouhaha.html

...I know what I think! ....what about you guys....? :whistle:

Cheers.

The question is...did our own Jim Oberg know that he was indeed spreading

• Like 2