Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycans

deadtotheworld

Heh!

Hi!

Missy Monster - - "No, we don't have more hair than other people. We look like your average human, we just act different.

Yes we prefre meat. I eat mine Medium Rare. My pack is vegitarian lycans meaning we only eat animal meat, that someone else has killed. We have rules.

I belive it is genetic from what I have encountered I haven't met anyone who hasn't had it genetic.

No It can't be passed by biting someone. "

Not to be blunt but...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Are you for real? They should screen people who register on this site. It is rediculous what stuff some people will come up with. No offence to you or your character as a person (since I don't know you) but not only did what you say sound completely rediculous...like it was written by an imaginative (though often confused) and naive child with some big words, but it also doesn't make much sense. First of all, since when was being a vegetarian in ANY life style mean eating meat that was not killed by you?! Whether it is because of morals or other reasons what you so delicately explained as "vegitarian" makes no sense. You'll only eat meat you didn't kill? By any moral standards it would make sense to eat ONLY meat you kill. Now assuming that eating meat not killed by you is the definition of "vegitarian" what reasons would you have for acting in this way. It just rediculous. What difference does it make whether you killed it or not? If you are gonna make posts like this it's best to think it through. At least if it where better planned you would get some respect points for not making a complete idiot out of yourself. So spare yourselves, don't be dumby heads. Anyways please expand and better explain your "race" or "lifestyle" or what ever you like to call it...I'm curious.

p.s. What do you mean by "animal meat"? As opposed to what? Come on people, these posts were funner to read when people were good at it, and actually put in some effort to making them.

edit: spelling

Edited by ganphra

Missy Monster - - "No, we don't have more hair than other people. We look like your average human, we just act different.

Yes we prefre meat. I eat mine Medium Rare. My pack is vegitarian lycans meaning we only eat animal meat, that someone else has killed. We have rules.

I belive it is genetic from what I have encountered I haven't met anyone who hasn't had it genetic.

No It can't be passed by biting someone. "

Not to be blunt but...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Are you for real? They should screen people who register on this site. It is rediculous what stuff some people will come up with. No offence to you or your character as a person (since I don't know you) but not only did what you say sound completely rediculous...like it was written by an imaginative (though often confused) and naive child with some big words, but it also doesn't make much sense. First of all, since when was being a vegetarian in ANY life style mean eating meat that was not killed by you?! Whether it is because of morals or other reasons what you so delicately explained as "vegitarian" makes no sense. You'll only eat meat you didn't kill? By any moral standards it would make sense to eat ONLY meat you kill. Now assuming that eating meat not killed by you is the definition of "vegitarian" what reasons would you have for acting in this way. It just rediculous. What difference does it make whether you killed it or not? If you are gonna make posts like this it's best to think it through. At least if it where better planned you would get some respect points for not making a complete idiot out of yourself. So spare yourselves, don't be dumby heads. Anyways please expand and better explain your "race" or "lifestyle" or what ever you like to call it...I'm curious.

p.s. What do you mean by "animal meat"? As opposed to what? Come on people, these posts were funner to read when people were good at it, and actually put in some effort to making them.

edit: spelling

As opposed to human. Well we can't have us being running arouns eating flesh from the undiserving humans can we?? That would be ridicoulously easy. Unless you'd like to be my dinner. I'd think not. Instead of going out and killing, then eating the flesh of the fresh, we torture ourselves by eating processed meat. The meat that humans have killed and sold in stores. But that's not satification. But to fit in we can't walk around hungery, because of your smell. The smell of fresh human flesh, with veins crawling through out it. You want to know temptation try being a lycan walking around your stomach unsatisfied and about to burst through the seems of you skin, because of the alluring smell of you humans... the smelll that you can taste on the tip of your toungue. We don't kill it to appear normal. Why the in the world we do this I have no flipping kill. Why should we restrain control to protect you humans. I have no clue. I just follow the rules they've set for us. I'd rather have a pack, then be alone.

As opposed to human. Well we can't have us being running arouns eating flesh from the undiserving humans can we?? That would be ridicoulously easy. Unless you'd like to be my dinner. I'd think not. Instead of going out and killing, then eating the flesh of the fresh, we torture ourselves by eating processed meat. The meat that humans have killed and sold in stores. But that's not satification. But to fit in we can't walk around hungery, because of your smell. The smell of fresh human flesh, with veins crawling through out it. You want to know temptation try being a lycan walking around your stomach unsatisfied and about to burst through the seems of you skin, because of the alluring smell of you humans... the smelll that you can taste on the tip of your toungue. We don't kill it to appear normal. Why the in the world we do this I have no flipping kill. Why should we restrain control to protect you humans. I have no clue. I just follow the rules they've set for us. I'd rather have a pack, then be alone.

Okay, here MissMonster, I'm sorry, but I HAVE to agree with Ganphra. It is purely ridiculous what you just said. It's just too easy to find out that you made that all up. You're not writing a book.

Edit: spelling

Edited by fluw

In case you weren't aware, Humans are mammals, and mammals are animals. Glad I cleared that up for you, also it is clear that you can't spell or use proper grammar. And what makes "us humans" smell any more "alluring" than a cat, dog or perhaps deer? And who is this "they" you speak of that made all these laws that you follow with some confusion and frustration, yet apparent endless loyalty? None of your story makes any sense. And what motivation of it is your to go online and speak with these humans that you long to ingest? I would ask more questions about you but that would do no good, you'd just lie. So you're just wasting you time on here, as well you ARE NOT A WEREWOLF/LYCAN/LOUP-GAROU/WOLF-MAN/MAN-WOLF/MONSTER!!!!!!1!11111!!!!!! And I'd rather if you didn't threaten me (in reference to "Unless you'd like to be my dinner" -MissyMonster)...also sarcasm is the humour of the weak minded. And I'm sure if there were a race such as yours with the very specific and globally accepted rules you would be less uneducated, stupid, ignorant, and rash.

Edited by ganphra

It seems kids like this are ruining the werewolf subject overall. Is there anyone out there who would like a thread on real werewolves, as in the spiritual path of shapeshifting through shamanic or pagan ritual. I have tons of historic info on this common worldwide occult phenomenon, that has very firm roots as a real and present practice, but have yet to find a thread that isn't. . well. . . this.

This isn't the underworld its the real world, lets discuss things that relate to that fact.

That said, if anyone would like I may post a real werewolf thread based in fact and historic evidence of spiritual shapeshifting from prehistoric time through the middle ages and into modern times. A place to discuss cultural legends and references, the relation of werewolf beliefs to witchcraft, shamanism, and skinwalkers.

I just don't want it to turn into this, or for people to jump to the conclusion that its going to be like this and come along and start badgering me about starting it in the first place due to this sort of thing.

If people are interested in such a thread let me know, and be assured that I am a reasonably sound minded member of society who practices spiritual shapeshifting as part of my shamanic path, who happens to have a small library on this subject and related material.

I have been researching the subject of werewolves for nearly ten years, and collecting the information that I find, lets say, more firmly grounded in the real world. Let me tell you, UM isn't the only place where this stuff goes on, riddling my research with false information, based in fantasy and fiction.

If anyone else is interested (as I hope they will be,) on getting down to the true nature of the beast, just let me know.

• Like 1

It seems kids like this are ruining the werewolf subject overall. Is there anyone out there who would like a thread on real werewolves, as in the spiritual path of shapeshifting through shamanic or pagan ritual. I have tons of historic info on this common worldwide occult phenomenon, that has very firm roots as a real and present practice, but have yet to find a thread that isn't. . well. . . this.

This isn't the underworld its the real world, lets discuss things that relate to that fact.

That said, if anyone would like I may post a real werewolf thread based in fact and historic evidence of spiritual shapeshifting from prehistoric time through the middle ages and into modern times. A place to discuss cultural legends and references, the relation of werewolf beliefs to witchcraft, shamanism, and skinwalkers.

I just don't want it to turn into this, or for people to jump to the conclusion that its going to be like this and come along and start badgering me about starting it in the first place due to this sort of thing.

If people are interested in such a thread let me know, and be assured that I am a reasonably sound minded member of society who practices spiritual shapeshifting as part of my shamanic path, who happens to have a small library on this subject and related material.

I have been researching the subject of werewolves for nearly ten years, and collecting the information that I find, lets say, more firmly grounded in the real world. Let me tell you, UM isn't the only place where this stuff goes on, riddling my research with false information, based in fantasy and fiction.

If anyone else is interested (as I hope they will be,) on getting down to the true nature of the beast, just let me know.

I'm not sure I would do that if I were you. I'm sure the few legitimate "werewolf" types out there would have already taken the time and effort to learn what needs to be known. For you to make a new thread or post on that subject would, in my opinion, give legitimate and more "proffessional" sounding "evidence" to either the stupid kids that are already out there or the stupid adults that are already out there. And within a month of the "truth" being given to the stupid population half of the new threads and posts made would see that info most likely used as back up for the hollywood style werewolf. So long and short, it would probably make it worse. Though if you feel some what obligated to teach this info maybe perhaps do it by personal message or the like. As opposed to just "throwing" the info out on the boards, which contains the type of people who will soak up and absord/use the info given. Although I may be overgeneralizing, I think that roughly 75 percent of the pop on these boards are the "stupid" people we hear about and see. Of those 100 percent are like sponges ready to take any new cool or unique sounding trait/religion/cult as there own. And for that reason any info you may have should be reserved for the super keen werewolves. But do as you please, I'm just saying if you do it you could possibly start another sub-culture much similar to the vamp which would then end with pagan/shamic rituals being ridiculed and laughed at on these boards. And I'm sure none of us want that....

I'm not sure I would do that if I were you. I'm sure the few legitimate "werewolf" types out there would have already taken the time and effort to learn what needs to be known. For you to make a new thread or post on that subject would, in my opinion, give legitimate and more "proffessional" sounding "evidence" to either the stupid kids that are already out there or the stupid adults that are already out there. And within a month of the "truth" being given to the stupid population half of the new threads and posts made would see that info most likely used as back up for the hollywood style werewolf. So long and short, it would probably make it worse. Though if you feel some what obligated to teach this info maybe perhaps do it by personal message or the like. As opposed to just "throwing" the info out on the boards, which contains the type of people who will soak up and absord/use the info given. Although I may be overgeneralizing, I think that roughly 75 percent of the pop on these boards are the "stupid" people we hear about and see. Of those 100 percent are like sponges ready to take any new cool or unique sounding trait/religion/cult as there own. And for that reason any info you may have should be reserved for the super keen werewolves. But do as you please, I'm just saying if you do it you could possibly start another sub-culture much similar to the vamp which would then end with pagan/shamic rituals being ridiculed and laughed at on these boards. And I'm sure none of us want that....

Actually that's why I haven't put anything up thus far, though I can't help but put my two cents in on the subject every time I see it come up. I find it hard to swallow such outlandish claims on a subject I have so much info on. I can't help but feel that this information can be used for more than debunking the claims of socially repressed thirteen year olds. Thinking maybe if the facts, along with my theories and the theories of others were all laid out together, (and by all means I'm not saying I have all the facts) would give us a place to send these kids and let them know where the general board public stands on the subject. You're probably right though.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to let you guys know that the word lycan did in fact come from the film underworld. I already made an extensive post in one of the other many Lycan/Werwolf threads. For the sake of convenience I'll repost it here.

Ok, I am going to sound like a total geek, but you are incorrect in that one statement, and the proof is in Dungeons and Dragons. (lol see, I am a geek :D ) As I am sure you are aware D&D has been around for quite sometime, I am not sure of when it actually came out, I believe it was in the 80's, however Lycanthropy is a curse in the game that a player can have, after being bite by another lycan. So Lycanthropy has been a term that has been around for a while and I have been using it since 1996 when I started playing, and as you are aware, 1996 is before the movie "Underworld" came out. Where the term orginated from before that, I couldn't tell you. Just wanted to add my 2 cents and enlighten you to your error, although the rest of you post was well put together and right on with the information.

I'm quite aware that the term lycanthropy has been used in full for years, perhaps even since medievil times but the creatures and the names given to the creatures in the movie "Underworld" are solely those of the creator. What is seen in underworld has no basis in fact....other than the relationship with wolves. Although Lycanthrope shortened to "lycan" may have been used on a very small scale, perhaps by gamers like you said, before the film underworld not only was it never if rarely used but when it was used it didn't mean what you see in Underworld.

I think I understand what you are saying: You are saying that lycanthropy being used soley as another term for werewolf came from underworld, correct? If that is what you are saying, then I will agree with you completely, seeing as lycanthropy typically refers to a condition in which a person transforms from human to an animalistic form, which can be wolf, tiger, bear, rat, etc. If this is not what you are saying, please enlighten me so I can understand what you do mean. Thank you for responding so quickly by the way! :D

Falian, I think they mean the word "Lycan" came from the movie Underworld, but you said it was in D&D. Then paranormal guy tried to explain something hard to understand..but I think he still believe the term Lycan was popularized by Underworld...I think.

Because anyway, Lycanthropy comes from the old greek, and was used at the time...

I guess I'm being a 'bit confusing, here it is simplified

Past Uses (before Underworld) - Lycanthropy - Since Ancient times - Meaning "Wolf-Man-case"

----------------------------------------- Lycanthrope - Very Recent times - Medical term - delusions involving confusion of species

Post Underworld ------------------ Lycan ----------- Since release - A person who changes into wolf/human hybrid

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Said creature has no basis in facts and is a product of authors imagination

Since Underworld there has been an explosion in the use of the term Lycan, which as shown in my other posts is not only incorrect in grammar and language but in several other factors. It is misused and overused, thanks to this piece of fiction there is a massive "epidemic" on the internet concerning these Lycans. For those that are simply "Role players" then have fun....to the others, quit being ignorant and grow up. Some people could maybe get away with vampirism but maybe pick something that can't be traced back only a few years. A werewolf would be much more convenient than a "Lycan". My studies and writing have debunked...if i may say....this rediculous subject. People make threads like "Lycans aren't Werewolves" and stuff, well it's pure crap. They aren't even in the same category. Werewolves were around long before they were written about, granted it could be the creation of man or some other case but thats like putting "Elves are not Humans". It's rediculous, I know lycans don't exist, and werewolves could very well not either but the difference is the way each "creature" came about. One is clearly and obviously fiction(lycan) and the other may have some basis in legend or even reality(werewolf)

Edited by paranormalguy

• 1 year later...

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

deadtotheworld, I applaud you for telling it like it is. Although, must inform you that there are lycanthropes that can actually transform; in fact, I have seen a friend of mine transform once. . .

IS there any way you could help me get in contact with this friend? I need to learn how to do it myself, snip

Edited by Superman
removed personal information

I think A mod should probs delete the above post. Or better yet mate, edit that out and send a personal message. Don't want to be giving out details like that on the interwebs.

Edited by jay123

Yes i would love some info!!! idc what the non believers who just want to post how much they hate it and how its all lies,(blah blah blah) say. I'd really appreciate an info you have. Thx!

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

deadtotheworld, I applaud you for telling it like it is. Although, must inform you that there are lycanthropes that can actually transform; in fact, I have seen a friend of mine transform once. . .

I find this veryyyyy interesting. im glad you got to experience it... i wish i could... any way you could make that possible??? I've really been into the whole spirituial/physical wolf thing as well as vampires. im dying to find the exact truth for myself. any help is greatly appreciated.

I think just closing this topic would be a good idea, before we hit an all time low in the lycan/werewolf topics...

I guess this would also go with my theory of the Vampire Effect. Where some people have characteristic features as mythical creatures. Of course Vampire Effect is my own term that i have invented myself, if there is a proper word for the effect, i am not aware of it.

Like Werewolf and going through certain change in behavior through full moon.

Vampire effects occurs when a person becomes more stronger, faster, cardio, at sun set. And through out the night. They also enjoy the taste of Blood. But unable to to much physically wise when the sun is out.

So I guess if those things are possible to happen to humans, your Lycan theory is very probable. Yet the whole transforming into a wolf, is hardly convincing. If it were true, we would have heard more about sightings of strange creatures in the would, such as big foot and what not.

Werewolves don't change during the full moon, they change during a state of rage. A change during such a time is an excellent explanation (and excuse) for killing someone important to you.

Vampires are not immensely strong, superhuman creatures. They are incredibly weak. Because they're dead... They don't enjoy the taste of blood, they don't even drink blood. They consume entire portions of their victim's bodies.

Werewolves don't change during the full moon, they change during a state of rage. A change during such a time is an excellent explanation (and excuse) for killing someone important to you.

Vampires are not immensely strong, superhuman creatures. They are incredibly weak. Because they're dead... They don't enjoy the taste of blood, they don't even drink blood. They consume entire portions of their victim's bodies.

Yes but i never said that Vampires exist. I state the effect some humans have at sun set. This is my own Pet theory, because that is what happens to me. At sun set, i have a lot more energy, i do Karate that time, because i am stronger, faster and my cardio is a lot higher.

Yes but i never said that Vampires exist. I state the effect some humans have at sun set. This is my own Pet theory, because that is what happens to me. At sun set, i have a lot more energy, i do Karate that time, because i am stronger, faster and my cardio is a lot higher.

I didn't say they're real either, I'm simply stating what the vampire is and what it isn't.

Sure, it's completely natural for people to be more active during the evening. I don't know many that aren't.

I didn't say they're real either, I'm simply stating what the vampire is and what it isn't.

Sure, it's completely natural for people to be more active during the evening. I don't know many that aren't.

Is it normal for them to have a significant change physically when the sun goes down? I'm not talking about simply being more active, I'm talking about a significant change. Where normally at day you could sprint for 30 seconds without tiring, but at night sprint for 5 minutes and still be able to go no problem.

Most people i know, will not change, they might be able to do a lot more activity at night, only because we work and go to school at day, and at night is they only time we actually have a life.

But for people to just change physically in their stats, i believe theres something much more than natural.

That being said is, what could back up this main Lycan theory.

"Vampire Effect" is again my theory, only because the way i change at night is kinda like i draw power of the night, and vampires walk the night and what not. Just added them together, still looking if there is actually a real Term for it.

Edited by SolidSnake

• 3 weeks later...
"Schnaffler:The term "Lycan" comes from the film Underworld"

Vampire Clan (2002) used the term "Lycan" as well.

"NosmoKing: So do Lycans want people to know they exist or not?"

AP Lycans perhaps don't mind the common view to know, as well as mental ones. As to the other form of certain Wolf like cretures, I assume most would like to keep such a thing private. As to pride who does not like to tell how delighted they are of there heritage?Mundane fool's best only knowing information best served for fools. Closed minded best to serve them tiny boxes, with only as much as they can handle.

"Schnaffle: Can you show me where, because the only use of the word I can find is in reference to the film and a Jedi from the Star Wars expanded universe?

Deadtotheworld: I am aware of the origins of "Lycan" from Lycanthropy thanks."

D

I dint finish what I was typing...my computer had a fit with me.

The last quotation, I was typing was not D but was "Does no one Google anymore".

If one truly wishes to know something, do research. -_-