Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Satellite images show North Korea preparing

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 29 January 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

who are we to tell them what they can and what they cant do ?  no1 can appreciate it when someone is telling you what to do in your own home !  
let N korea and the puppet country S korea , solve this themselves ! the winner ll be writing history .
the world need to stop making up excuses to turn a country into a puppet country !

i believe this is all propaganda from the western countries , telling us that N korea might be a danger to the world , just like iraq !
if it comes to a nuclear war i wont blame N korea ! but rather those who provoked them ! and made them use it !

North Korea kidnaps foreign citizens, has attacked South Korea several times, and throws out threats every other week. There is no propaganda, this is just North Korea being North Korea. The the Norks aren't a danger to the world and no one is seriously saying that. South Korea could handle them on their own without too much trouble. However they are a danger to the region. They like shooting missiles in the direction of Japan, they have the ability of destroying Seoul if they want to, they make all kinds of threats, and they're seriously annoying China the only ally they have.

If things fall apart the blame will fall on the Norks for creating a real life version of Orwell's 1984. America isn't the one throwing around threats and always talking about restarting the Korean War. That honour falls to Best Korea and it's beyond me why anyone would support those madmen.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#17    Astral Hillbilly

Astral Hillbilly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• Pain is inevitable....Suffering is optional !

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 29 January 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Its pretty much a given there gonna get it right eventually. Who are we to condemn a countries progress when we ourselves are trying to advance our own military might and technologies. It does not suprise me that countries like Iran/NK follow the path the Americans took via missile/rocket/nuclear tech. The only real hope is China will keep NK in check once they have the nuke ready by explaining to them in detail what the world thinks of nuclear launches and what is considered an appropriate response to such an attack type launch.

For America NK is a much bigger threat then Iran as we are only in a  state of armistace and not peace with then. The Korean war never ended essentially.

Could it be dangerous. Yerp.

Im other news Iran shot a monkey into space and caught it.

You're right. It's hard to tell other countries what to do regarding nuclear weapons. But, from a humanitarian standpoint, it's easy to criticize them for pouring so much money into their weapons, when their citizens are killing their children and digging up relatives for food ! They obviously don't care about their own people. We can embargo all we want, but until they has an effect on Kim Jong Il, nothing will change. The citizens are the ones paying the price for their leaders actions.

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

You're right. It's hard to tell other countries what to do regarding nuclear weapons. But, from a humanitarian standpoint, it's easy to criticize them for pouring so much money into their weapons, when their citizens are killing their children and digging up relatives for food ! They obviously don't care about their own people. We can embargo all we want, but until they has an effect on Kim Jong Il, nothing will change. The citizens are the ones paying the price for their leaders actions.

I agree 100%

#19    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostCorp, on 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

North Korea kidnaps foreign citizens, has attacked South Korea several times, and throws out threats every other week. There is no propaganda, this is just North Korea being North Korea. The the Norks aren't a danger to the world and no one is seriously saying that. South Korea could handle them on their own without too much trouble. However they are a danger to the region. They like shooting missiles in the direction of Japan, they have the ability of destroying Seoul if they want to, they make all kinds of threats, and they're seriously annoying China the only ally they have.

If things fall apart the blame will fall on the Norks for creating a real life version of Orwell's 1984. America isn't the one throwing around threats and always talking about restarting the Korean War. That honour falls to Best Korea and it's beyond me why anyone would support those madmen.
kidnap ? you mean those journalist that went over the border from China to NK and got caught ?

attacked Sk several times? when? after the war? China/Nkorea vs Usa Skorea ? i think its still war it never ended,

yes thats what we read on the news sites.  that they threat to do this and that every week . thats why i think its propaganda .

and yes they are a danger to the world .. any country that has nukes are a danger to this world .

hehe sorry i m not using multiquotes :D

USA always use threats, : sanction.

#20    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 29 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

kidnap ? you mean those journalist that went over the border from China to NK and got caught ?

attacked Sk several times? when? after the war? China/Nkorea vs Usa Skorea ? i think its still war it never ended,

yes thats what we read on the news sites.  that they threat to do this and that every week . thats why i think its propaganda .

and yes they are a danger to the world .. any country that has nukes are a danger to this world .

NKorea has kidnapped probably 100s of Japanese citizens in the last 70 year's .
As well as some Europeans .

http://www.slate.com...kidnappers.html

http://www.tofugu.co...pan-kidnapping/

http://en.wikipedia....panese_citizens

http://newfocusintl....by-north-korea/

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 29 January 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Miss me?

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Update
They're saying its hard to confirm it is a definative launch ,or something else .

http://www.huffingto...m_content=Title

Miss me?

#22    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,781 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

I'm leaning towards propaganda.  But then again, I don't believe half of what our so-called leaders say in the first place.  They couldn't lead me across the street without asking a committee for advice first.  So I walk alone.  Screw them... that goes for the banks too.

Oh, the topic is about those distrustful North Korean leaders.... pardon me.

Edited by acidhead, 30 January 2013 - 03:21 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#23    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

South Korea launches rocket to put a satellite in the air.
Again,more security concerns .

http://www.huffingto...m_content=Title

Miss me?

#24    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 29 January 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

As Simbi pointed out North Korea has kidnapped dozens to hundreds of people over the years. As for attacks perhaps you recall the shelling of Yeonpyeong in 2010. Then there was the sinking of the Cheonan. The Norks seems to have no problem taking pot shots at the South when they fell the need for attention.

And yes news about North Korea making threats is in the news a lot, because that's what the North does. When they want some more foreign aid they start threatening their neighbours. It seems to be their state policy. Not propaganda at all, just news reporting.

If you want to see what propaganda looks like have a gander at what North Korea puts out.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users