Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Facts about Orbs!

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#106    Ecto76

Ecto76

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

• Everyday is like Ground Hog's Day... its the same **** over and over again!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

The term Paranormal doesn't always mean or relate to the situation being a ghost or a spirit. It just means it cannot yet be explained. I like this terminology better. Most are jumping to the conclusion its always a ghost or spirit. Not always the case. There could be an unexplained natural phenomena. :tu:

Those with an I.Q. of below 90 do not need to reply to my topics! :tu:

#107    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostEcto76, on 16 May 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

The term Paranormal doesn't always mean or relate to the situation being a ghost or a spirit. It just means it cannot yet be explained. I like this terminology better. Most are jumping to the conclusion its always a ghost or spirit. Not always the case. There could be an unexplained natural phenomena. :tu:

Thank you for explaining that :tu: I did not know that

#108    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

View Postpinupgirl, on 16 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Thank you for explaining that :tu: I did not know that

I think 'supernatural' would be a better term for something that is ghostly, etc.

Para just means above or beyond, so paranormal is just saying 'above or beyond the normal'.  Just expanding on the above.  :)

#109    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 16 May 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

I think 'supernatural' would be a better term for something that is ghostly, etc.

Para just means above or beyond, so paranormal is just saying 'above or beyond the normal'.  Just expanding on the above.  :)

#110    HDRockerCgirl

HDRockerCgirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I found this site while researching orbs. My reason for researching orbs is because I saw one. Only one. A few nights ago I was sitting in my chair about 11pm, I turned to look at both of my large dogs laying on the sofa (taking up the entire sofa), grabbed my iPhone to take their picture, I saw an orb. It was white and about 8' away. I did not take the photo because I was amazed at what I had just seen. At first I thought it was just a reflection from the TV or a car headlight outside. But reflections don't move, or float about 3' above the floor, just over the dogs heads in front of the sofa. Car headlights won't be in front of the arm of the sofa. After I thought about it for a few minutes I went ahead and took some pictures of the dogs, they are so cute!!! But it has still stuck with me, I have no idea what it was. But I am very intrigued. I looked back at the pics and there does seem to be a white light, less bright as the pics ascend. I did not see it until days later when I was showing them to my husband. Hmmmm! Pretty darn interesting.

Just thought I'd share my experience. Btw I have seen the bright squiggly line in my vision followed by an extreme headache. I went to an ophthalmologist and a neurologist, I had a migraine. The orb was nothing like it. I don't know what I saw, I'm just sharing my experience.

Barb

#111    HDRockerCgirl

HDRockerCgirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

I forgot to say that I live in New Jersey, it is January 2013, so there are no fireflies this time of year, they are yellowish green here. When I had the migraine I could still see the squiggly line when my eyes were closed. The light I saw near the dogs moved from right to left  for about 2 or 3 feet and then it was gone. Again, I don't know what it was, but It was cool and amazing!

I do believe, however, that there are things that occur that can't be explained by science or otherwise.

#112    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,549 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Orbs are mostly likey dust particals and in the UFO`s cases refrective lights in the skies, however to film in a dark room with no light comming in and in see a Orb darting here and there , one wonders:)

#113    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

WTH! I wrote a topic about this VERY thing! Citing scientific findings and protocols and my topic was closed by the powers that be. This REALLY angers me!!!!

#114    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,064 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

however to film in a dark room with no light comming in and in see a Orb darting here and there , one wonders:)
Has that happened?  Got a link to such video?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#115    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 13 January 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Orbs are mostly likey dust particals and in the UFO`s cases refrective lights in the skies, however to film in a dark room with no light comming in and in see a Orb darting here and there , one wonders:)
Has the camera/camcorder had its IR focus illuminator disabled?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#116    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 17 January 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Has the camera/camcorder had its IR focus illuminator disabled?

One of my webcams has these. It's incredible how those seemingly dim LEDs fill the room up with tons of IR light. It's even more incredible how much crap is flying around the room and gets lit up. It makes the room look haunted.

#117    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I wonder why these spirits choose to manifest as orb-shaped, whereas others appear as they were when alive.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#118    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postscowl, on 18 January 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

One of my webcams has these. It's incredible how those seemingly dim LEDs fill the room up with tons of IR light. It's even more incredible how much crap is flying around the room and gets lit up. It makes the room look haunted.
I was guilty of typing while multitasking (work!), I meant to say has the camera/camcorder had its IR focus assist and/or illuminator disabled?
You are of course correct, camcorder night-vision requires IR illumination; if anyone has images/footage of orbs with a camera/camcorder with all flash and/or IR emitters disabled then that would be worth further study.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#119    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

There are folks that believe the earth is flat and the moon landings are fake.  There are folks that believe the world trade center and the Alfred P. Murrah building were controlled demolitions conspired by the government.  While I remain open to the possibility of ghosts, I have yet to see any convincing evidence that stands up to scientific scrutiny.  Out of focus dust, snow, rain, insects, lens flair or reflections are not evidence of ANYTHING paranormal!

#120    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostHDRockerCgirl, on 13 January 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

I forgot to say that I live in New Jersey, it is January 2013, so there are no fireflies this time of year, they are yellowish green here. When I had the migraine I could still see the squiggly line when my eyes were closed. The light I saw near the dogs moved from right to left  for about 2 or 3 feet and then it was gone. Again, I don't know what it was, but It was cool and amazing!

I do believe, however, that there are things that occur that can't be explained by science or otherwise.

Here are some fascinating first-hand accounts.
Unusual Experiences with Lighting includes many strange reports, including these two accounts:
  • In January 1984, ball lightning measuring about 4 inches in diameter entered a Russian passenger aircraft and, according to the Russian news release, "flew above the heads of the stunned passengers. In the tail section of the airliner, it divided into two glowing crescents which then joined together again and left the plane almost noiselessly." The ball lightning left two holes in the plane.
  • A "ball of sparks" about the size of a basketball entered a commercial aircraft, apparently through an engine airtake, moved into the fuselage, and proceeded to chase a flight attendant up and down the aisle. She was screaming as she tried to outrun the ball lightning. It dissipated quickly before striking her.
Glenn R. Frazier relates at incident at his grandfather's cottage in upstate Pennsylvania:
  • "I was sitting on a screened porch. I remember a brilliant flash of lightning and a large clap of thunder. Seconds later, my mother screamed. My grandfather and I turned to look in through the doorway and saw what looked like a ball of electricity coming down the hallway from the back door. It was about the size of a basketball and had an off-yellow kind of haze. It sounded like a large stream of water coming through a faucet. When it got to the kitchen area, it flickered and flashed a little brighter, and then was gone."
Bill Melfi was on vacation on a small farm in Tennessee when he had this experience:
  • "I saw two balls of light, one about three feet and the other about four feet in diameter. They were glowing with a blue-green light that was about as bright as a 50-watt bulb and translucent as a balloon. They moved side by side, the larger one leading. The movement was quick and somewhat zigzag. I chased after it with a stick in hand, but they were faster than me. They didn't break up, just disappeared in the woods."

Above are just word of mouth stories.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users