Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious San Luis Valley

Exeter

Does anyone here have any info or personal experiences you'd like to share about this weird place? I have several friends and family members who live in that region, and they've had experiences with everything from cattle mutilations and cryptid sightings to UFOs and "flying witches" (sans brooms...no kidding!)

For anyone not familiar with the San Luis Valley, please see links below. It's located in the US between southern Colorado and northern New Mexico, and it's definitely a 'hot spot' for paranormal activity.

I'll post a few personal accounts soon.

San Luis Valley

The Mysterious Valley

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuhiBuhi-Kun

• Exeter

• Abducted

• Kanza

Thank you for the post and the sites. This is an area that I was woefully ignorant of and I an always eager to broaden my knowledge base. I look forward to further information concerning this area and your experiences.

Wish I could visit....

maybe one day we can all get together and go find that lost treasure or hidden city.

This happened several years ago while I was visiting a cousin of mine who owned a cattle ranch in NM. On an earlier visit the year before we had had a lengthy discussion about UFOs and cattle mutilations. He told me that while he had seen weird lights in the sky, he had never had anything strange happen to his animals.

One morning, he stomped into my room and woke me up saying, "You wanted to see a mutilation...well...I got one for you." I got dressed, jumped into the truck, and we drove off across the field. I had never seen one in person, only in photos and documentary footage.

It was surreal. The cow was lying on it's left side at the edge of a dry creek and showed no signs of decomposition (though I'm no expert at this). It had the 'classic' mutilation damage; the right ear was gone, there was a 5in.circular hole exposing it's ribs, and the udder was completely missing. The first thing I asked him was if predators could have caused the damage. He gave me a weird smile and said, "You're the guy who reads about this stuff. Look around you. What do you see?"

There were no tracks. Anywhere. Besides our footprints, and the tire tracks from the truck, the ground was completely free of any marks or prints around the dead cow. There was very little brush, and the ground was soft enough so that even a small animal would have left prints behind. Yet, this cow was lying there with no indication as to how it got there. I asked my cousin if he was going to report this to the sheriff's dept. He told me that he wasn't, because even if they did come out to look at it, they would only say it was predators. Either way, he was out of a lot of money.

I've spoken with my cousin about this several times since then, asking him if he was having a laugh at my expense. He's assured me, however, that he had never seen anything quite like that before and, in fact, had found fifteen more mutilations since then.

As of 2002, my cousin, who had been a cattle rancher for 26 years, left the business and moved to another state.

wow i think aliens,or satanists.

Brilliant deduction. I applaude you.

I've noticed that the prerequisites for joining this forum are a sharp tongue and sarcastic wit!! Just kidding!! wink2.gif