Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dead' woman, 95, climbs out of her coffin

Still Waters

A 95-year-old Chinese woman thought to have passed away stunned her neighbours - after waking up six days after she had been placed in a coffin.

Li Xiufeng was found motionless and not breathing in bed by a neighbour two weeks after tripping and suffering a head injury at her home in Beiliu, Guangxi Province.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eldorado

• Fluffybunny

• CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

• Zaphod222

Good thing that they didn't send her for an autopsy or to be embalmed!

Despite cheating death, however, the same Chinese tradition left Mrs Xiufeng without any possessions, according to ritual, after a person dies, all their belongings must be burnt.

I would be ticked if I came back from the dead to find out all my stuff had been burned. <_<

The proverbial coffin-dodger!

Was probably wishful-thinking that led to them sticking her in the box. lol

Edited by Eldorado

Oops...nice coffin though. At least her friends and relatives were giving her a good send off. I suspect they'll now have to take up a collection to buy her some stuff!

In the last century, graves often had bells with strings leading to the coffin, in case of people being buried alive.

Maybe not that stupid...

I would be ticked if I came back from the dead to find out all my stuff had been burned. <_<

You'd still have a nice coffin to show for it though!

In the last century, graves often had bells with strings leading to the coffin, in case of people being buried alive.

Maybe not that stupid...

Thats where the saying ' Saved by the Bell ' comes from...

Just wait until she bites someone... All Hell is about to break loose! :gun:

At her age it will be more of a suck than a bite. lol

At her age it will be more of a suck than a bite. lol

I know that if a vampire or a zombie bites you, you turn in to one... but what if they gum you?

Edited by Taun

This kinda thing still happens?

Only in countries that don't use modern medicine to confirm death...There are still places that will just put an ear to the chest to see if they can hear a heartbeat, and if not...off they go. Doesn't take into account illnesses and injuries that can cause very slow heartbeats that would be hard to hear.

Its George A Romero's cousin he used to stay with her until he maid he's film & the rest is history.

Yes I know I spelt made wrong lol

Can't Doctor's read a pulse anymore?

She was 95. You'd need a submarine echo sounder to get a pulse. lol

That's the living dead for sure!

Aliens had some part in this, I can assure you!

Whatever happened to the mirror under the nostrils to test for sure a sign of breath creating fog on said mirror, its been used for centuries. Maybe gamgam had a hearty health insurance policy or a grand inheritance to pass on. One foot in the grave, the other in the kitchen.

Whatever happened to the mirror under the nostrils to test for sure a sign of breath creating fog on said mirror, its been used for centuries. Maybe gamgam had a hearty health insurance policy or a grand inheritance to pass on. One foot in the grave, the other in the kitchen.

People can breathe so slowly and so shallow that it won't show up on a mirror.